Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

one char for one ip

Interesting in how many real ppl play this game.

Would destroy a big part of the game. Only for finding out how many unique humans are playing this? Seriously...

• Like 2

So you want to limit one character per IP because you are curious how many real players there are? Seems a bit extreme dont you think? Not to mention there are actually occasions with multiple real people per IP, so it would not even give you an answer, or people with ever changing IPs. Traveling people, people playing at friends, etc etc

Edited by Viti

Not every IP has only one person behind it! ;)

• Like 1

One of the things that really appeals to me about this game is that I know some families play together. -1

• Like 7

LOVE that  !!! Schizofrenia rules

Edited by ftoz

IF me and my husband playing together on the same IP is schizofrenia then the reasoning for this thread is paranoia.

I play with my brother, and we share an IP

This is rational reason why not. Ok, I add rational reason why yes. I play also with bunch of alts, but now wake up whats is wrong. When i start play wurm, i wanted one good  priest char. When turn into priest, game became unplayable and had to start alt. When had some alt, seems that will be good more alts. If had more alts, seem will be good have all spells. If has all spells, dont need any other ppl and that is problem that i see now. Ppl dont need meeting anymore. Impalong is also big wake up, how nice are meetings. It remembers my old times, when must finding ppl with right profession and ask them for favour. In wurm life its quite rare now. Almost every good priest with double cast has battery. Nobody need nothing. Most players are independent trader unity and wurm slowly become a trading platform.

IF me and my husband playing together on the same IP is schizofrenia then the reasoning for this thread is paranoia.

yeeh, but original thread idea was one real man for one game char. Why y mean that multiclient will be craps for long? So turn off mutliclient will aslo get some result, but nothing is 100%

Edited by ftoz

This is rational reason why not. Ok, I add rational reason why yes. I play also with bunch of alts, but now wake up whats is wrong. When i start play wurm, i wanted one good  priest char. When turn into priest, game became unplayable and had to start alt. When had some alt, seems that will be good more alts. If had more alts, seem will be good have all spells. If has all spells, dont need any other ppl and that is problem that i see now. Ppl dont need meeting anymore. Impalong is also big wake up, how nice are meetings. It remembers my old times, when must finding ppl with right profession and ask them for favour. In wurm life its quite rare now. Almost every good priest with double cast has battery. Nobody need nothing. Most players are independent trader unity and wurm slowly become a trading platform.

move to chaos, we all depend on each other here. 

Why on earth would Rolf implement something that would immediately cost him so many premium accounts?  Most of us play with alts, you would cut the total players in half, or even less.  Not to mention all the families that play from the same IP address.  And name one other game that puts such a limit to their game?  You may think that it would be interesting to do, but it is not a fiscally sound idea for the business.  A huge -infinity to such a stupid idea (and I try to avoid using words like stupid).

• Like 2

-1  Today's internet game usage habits  often involve families, roommates, co-workers, and public internet.  Your suggestion would negate all of that.

• Like 1

Why on earth would Rolf implement something that would immediately cost him so many premium accounts?  Most of us play with alts, you would cut the total players in half, or even less.  Not to mention all the families that play from the same IP address.  And name one other game that puts such a limit to their game?  You may think that it would be interesting to do, but it is not a fiscally sound idea for the business.  A huge -infinity to such a stupid idea (and I try to avoid using words like stupid).

I not thinking what is good for Rolf and business. I am thinking what is good for game.

-1  Today's internet game usage habits  often involve families, roommates, co-workers, and public internet.  Your suggestion would negate all of that.

I supposed all big -1, before tread post. Reading suggestions is too boring for me. Same and same ideas again and again. Try to see little possitive on it. Big +1 or big -1 and nothing happens

Edited by ftoz

I think the voices in Rolf's head would tell him that this would result in about 75% revenue loss and not to do it.

EDIT: I pay for 2. Cutting one off is a 50% loss my business alone. The other one holds a deed. That's a loss of upkeep because I'm not going to pay for a deed that I can't log into because now I can only have 1 toon per IP.

Edited by Audrel

I not thinking what is good for Rolf and business. I am thinking what is good for game.

Double posting (missed this one), cutting out alts which seem to be a good chunk of the revenue of Wurm is not good for the game by any means. That's a sure fire way to ruin the economy when the servers can't be paid so they stay on. This is really a bad idea from any angle, Ftoz. Sorry, but it really is.

• Like 1

And just how is upsetting most of the current player base by limiting them to one char good for the game?  This would make many quit, and limit all future players too.  It is BAD for the game, get that through your head.  And you didn't answer my other question, are there any other games that limit you to 1 char per IP address?  Just what is your problem, can't afford to have 2 chars yourself, so you think everyone else should be limited like you are?

I've seen all of your "suggestions"  and I must say all you are doing is making posts that inflame anger from everyone else.  I get the feeling that all you want to do is argue with others, as you seem to enjoy it.  The very definition of a forum troll.

• Like 2

Try to think, what is main reason to write here. Things, we wish do, are only good, but in same reason they are only bad. Not important what is good and what is bad. If y see bad things at same level as good things your life will be much lighter.