Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Ceilings (ceiling roofs)

This is more or less the same thing as floors but built facing down instead of up so it covers up the awkward space between the roof and the walls inside of houses. (alternatively you can make a ceiling roof that would be the same as a plain roof but it just has the ceiling built in when you install it.  

• Like 16

Not a bad idea, although personally I do like the open feeling of not having a ceiling and just having the high peaked roof.

Not a bad idea, although personally I do like the open feeling of not having a ceiling and just having the high peaked roof.

Well in some cases that does look nice this is just an option to put in ceilings in places that do not look as good like when you have inner rooms you get that gap above the walls and doors. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

If they just made the floor tiles less thick and without the beams poking out of everywhere the floor tiles could be used as ceiling tiles, just use 1 wrap-around texture that covers both. A 2-in-1 solution where the floors become better looking and we get ceilings

• Like 2

A great suggestion for a desirable option. Inside houses with large floor plans I find those very high ceilings to be unattractive since they make the space inside seem so vast. Or even when you have a foyer type entrance where you can peek inside the doorway above, they would be useful there as well. Since this would be purely an option with additional work, I see it as very viable and useful when desired.

=Ayes=

+1

I only make wooden floors on higher levels of my buildings as I feel it looks ugly to see the stone/marble floor from underneath.

Was looking to create a cozy dormitory feel, instead got this:
images_k3.jpg

• Like 1

+1

This makes multi-story houses SO ugly currently.  Fist off the ceiling is WAY too low, seriously...claustrophobia alert.

Then it just looks straight up ugly.  I mean, I know Sheetrock/Drywall hasn't been invented yet, but we have planks!  Something, anything, to cover that up.

A possible solution to this would be to allow building floors on the same level as a roof, in order to act as a ceiling. If the roof is high enough, maybe you could even get some attic space up there.

• Like 1

+1.  The option would be great, but I'd like it to be optional for different situation.

And/or add an option to make the walls stretch up to the roof eaves so there is no space above them.

Coincidentally I was thinking about a bump/new topic for this also!

+1 and also this thread is almost the same:

• Like 1

A ceiling addition could be as simple as being allowed to build a floor under a roof section once the roof has already been built. Maybe not so simple to program since I don't know about that aspect.

=Ayes=

+1 I have a 3x3 house with the last row being a patio, but I've been wanting to put floor above the patio instead of roof because the gap is so obnoxious. That involves redoing stuff, though, and who wants to do that?

+1

I would really like to revive this suggestion (which also has been made in other threads). Especially when you build interior walls in a larger building the gap between walls and roof can look very ugly and unrealistic. Instead of creating cosy rooms you create open cubicles!

Let us (optionally) build room ceilings under a roof tile, please!

Bump!

Edited by Xallo

Allow the roof to be made from the wall tile borders instead of the floor/ceiling plan perhaps?

That would accommodate both preferences for ceiling or no ceiling or even partial ceilings to create a loft aspect for it.

It would be similar to how current buildings can be built, for example build first floor, plan ceiling, build second floor walls, build roof, bash ceiling in the desired areas.  So instead of building the second floor walls you would instead build the roof tiles from the tile borders you would normally build the wall at.

probably would not be a massive undertaking for them to recode it, or some could create a mod for this if possible.

+1

The current state of affairs just feels very incomplete. Rooms on the uppermost floor look pretty shoddy.

On 2.3.2018 at 9:40 PM, Yaga said:

Let us (optionally) build room ceilings under a roof tile, please!

This alone would be an amazing addition! In a perfect world, you'd also be able to extend walls up until they hit the roof.

+1

Really Ugly on marble floor upside is all white but down below is only beams of wood looking the room for a corner 90% of the ceiling looks like its Wood type and not marble :(

But make the ceiling optional, we need to be able to make it only after the floor above is made so we can make a ceiling below him, and the ceiling dont need to be same type of the floor above of course to help we have more colors to decorate.

Ugly Ceiling:

Spoiler

ggDTn5B.jpg

Edited by Asmodeuss

+1 No harm, not a lot of work around currently, no elbow grease can fix it