Sign in to follow this  
picotto

[Rare Guide]The Art Of Rare

Lol will say I got max rarity bonua on deed turned in 8 valery items on top of what I alrdy had hust to be sure. I made 2k pickheads and 2k shafts I prepaired ahead. I made 2k pickaxes on my alt none stop. I did not have a aibgle inspiration after my first 7 hours of making picks. This guide is a bust.

If you have a 30s rarity window you should only be making 1 pickaxe every 25-30s...

• Like 1

Lol will say I got max rarity bonua on deed turned in 8 valery items on top of what I alrdy had hust to be sure. I made 2k pickheads and 2k shafts I prepaired ahead. I made 2k pickaxes on my alt none stop. I did not have a aibgle inspiration after my first 7 hours of making picks. This guide is a bust.

First of all, for the love of god people stop making pickaxes, their prices are bust because everyone wants to start with pickaxes which is one of the most material consuming things you can start with.. for their current price you could of purchased two of them for the cost of those materials and time you wasted..

Second of all, i did mention that it is only possible to get a rarity roll, it is also possible that you will not get anything. Which is why i'm insisting to correct the wrong idea being spread by this guide that this is some sort of 'free get rich quick scheme' and forget the part that you actually lose on often more expensive materials in wood and iron and time while trying to get a rare.

Personally, i would advice anyone with little to no experience against starting to do it.. many of my village mates don't even bother anymore because the profit margin is too thin as many people are doing it with virtually smaller and smaller market and lower prices.

Maybe posting this topic wasn't a bright idea after all, huh?

• Like 1

Maybe posting this topic wasn't a bright idea after all, huh?

QFT

• Like 1

First of all, for the love of god people stop making pickaxes, their prices are bust because everyone wants to start with pickaxes which is one of the most material consuming things you can start with.. for their current price you could of purchased two of them for the cost of those materials and time you wasted..

Second of all, i did mention that it is only possible to get a rarity roll, it is also possible that you will not get anything. Which is why i'm insisting to correct the wrong idea being spread by this guide that this is some sort of 'free get rich quick scheme' and forget the part that you actually lose on often more expensive materials in wood and iron and time while trying to get a rare.

Personally, i would advice anyone with little to no experience against starting to do it.. many of my village mates don't even bother anymore because the profit margin is too thin as many people are doing it with virtually smaller and smaller market and lower prices.

• Like 2

To be honest and with all due respect to the guide creator, if i had it my way this guide would never be created..

It has done nothing but drive the market values of rares to the edge for everyone including the people this guide is supposed to help, not to mention it's madly misinforming on so many levels. 

Nice guide! I tried this with pickaxes long time ago too and out of 70 i got 1 rare pickaxe. I was so proud haha.

if he had it his way... haha... he means remove the wiki and all game mechanics :) this guide had just about everything included in it :) all in one place buts its been all over the forums/irc/wiki since the start :) not to mention i explain all this to anyone who asks me... :) now then do i want to spend the time making rares... or imping with coc tools for skill :) considering i dont even use rares for skill grinding... yea... :) ill let u guys make rares.. :) i totally think 15s a day is easy to achieve... especially on the freedom servers. and i also create every 28 sec if its an easy item to make basically 100% i give 2 sec for lag :) 

when creating things like steel chest pieces i do every 22 sec... this is because if i fail it takes me 6.5 sec on the 2nd action to make a 2nd one and not miss the window :) 22 + 6.5 = 28.5 :) still 1.5 sec for lag :) but hey... i just wear my supreme chest and leg plate set when i wanna strut the town on the weekends. :) i also explain to people how to drain traders... how to gain money from selling to token/traders and also how to gain from fighting creatures/foraging/botanizing .... and offer to give ppl money for doing specific actions... most people don't have the mentality for it :) or they play this game for other "fun" things :) sooo to each their own. this guide won't kill the market. :) dun worry :) now killing the market was putting the drum roll at the start of the action. :) waste no resources at all and everyone can have rare dragon/drake/seryll armor and addy weapons :) glad its a lil harder :) 

Great Guide Picotto

Apologies if this counts as necroing an old thread but I've only just started playing Wurm Unlimited (which I assume works the same in regards to rarity) and wanted to clarify something.

I've seen the moment of inspiration come up when I'm doing lots of non creation actions such as farming, mining, digging etc.

When it comes up do I then have 20 seconds of rarity chance on ALL actions or just the one that triggered the moment?

So, say for example I am mining, each action taking me 4 seconds with 2 second stamina rest so about 3ish actions per 20 seconds.

I have my crafting window opened with the ingredients for a pickaxe already loaded.

I get 'a moment of inspiration'.

If I then hit the craft button on my crafting window am I guaranteed a rare pickaxe or is it just a chance to get a rare?

And if I can make 2 in that 20 second window will they both be rare

If its a guaranteed rare then for newbs such as myself wouldn't this be a better way of farming rares since you are gathering resources rather than using them and still getting the moments to appear?

Or am I totally wrong?

you're totally wrong since that mining action already used that window of opportunity. so noone of that pickaxes will be considered as moment of inspiration actions

6 minutes ago, cybaru said:

you're totally wrong since that mining action already used that window of opportunity. so noone of that pickaxes will be considered as moment of inspiration actions

Ahh, I totally misunderstood the way it works.

I assumed that the glow was an indication that you had just started a moment, not used it up.

That does explain why people do the crafting instead of digging, otherwise the moment ends up getting used on a rock.

thanks for the clarification.

Now that we revived this:

Has anyone looked into the WU code on how the rare rolls work? I would be interested in that interpretation.

• Like 2