Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Wurm Justice System

Thinking about this suggestion, although I disagree with it, has lead me to a different idea that might actually be worthwhile for everyone.  Instead of having a justice system to judge players, we need a justice system to judge staff members.

The staff sit in observation and power over the player base, as it should be.  The staff, however, go unchecked by a by-the-rules outside party.  Any staff discrepancies or complaints are dealt with by other staff members in the same team, which just screams flawed to me.  Take the government of the USA for example:  we have the Executive Office (Rolf), the Legislation branch (Staff comprising of GMs, FMs, CMs, etc.) and the Judicial branch (none to speak of here).  I would suggest having a judicial body composed of selected players, much like a jury, who are presented with facts and evidence in any complaint against a staff member (Rolf and developers not falling into that category of course), and are asked to seek the truth and uphold justice.  The players would be randomized when a case appears, just like a jury is, and the presiding judge would be a player-selected official.

In this system the prosecution would have to prevent factual evidence substantial enough to warrant a trial.  The trial doesn't need to have lawyers or any such thing, as this isn't a matter of opinion, but only a matter of right and wrong according to the facts without leaving it up to the staff to pardon one of their own members.  As such, the Executive officer (Rolf) would be able to overturn a decision made by the Judge if necessary, to make sure the judicial player branch stays in check and doesn't overreach with their power.

This is fundamental check and balance, and I honestly think this system could seriously work if the time and effort was really put into constructing it and maintaining its integrity.  Also, I don't see why Rolf wouldn't want to put such a concept into play, seeing as how it would add another interesting facet to this game overall and provide some amount of reassurance and peace to the player base who often feel wronged by the staff.  Most complaints against the staff are unfounded, but there are certainly those - and I've seen them with my own eyes - that are founded in truth.  Not all staff are good, just like not all players are good.

Basic point:  We could use a system of checks and balances between the players and the staff, otherwise the divide between us will continue to grow until it is overwhelming and costly to the core fundamentals and goals of this game.  That is all.

• Like 1

-1 This isnt archeage

Edited by Gawain