http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Chain_Armour_Smithing

I have been a asked few times what do each different Chain Amours look like

Iron ,Copper ,Bronze ,Sliver and Gold

i have a few pics

Bronze

dsE4C1Z.jpg

Copper

SPQ65Tl.jpg

But I was thinking that it would be nicer with something like this for each kind of armor

Male/female

diablo-3-crusaders.png

not sure how to implement it to wiki without it looking huge or overpowering at bottom

but would be nice for people to see what all the different kinds look like.

Because the small little helm's really don't show good how the armor looks

I was thinking no weapons, shields or anything, just plain walls behind the characters and good screen shots of just the armor (Well Lite)

thoughts??

Edited by icbash
  • Like 1

I hope you mean that the stance would look nicer.

Because the armor you showed looked cartoony and over-sized.

Edited by dasfry

i mean male/female beside each other not the pic. thats from another game.

So you're telling me; you would like the picture of chain armor to depict each chain metal types, including both sexes?

Edited by dasfry

OK let me start over...

Hello Im icbash a wiki editor

i was thinking changing over the pictures.

But before I did I want to talk to people and see what their thoughts were,

of the different kinds of chain armor. the helm shots do not show it very good.

The first set of screenshots are just a male in the armor and every dark.

second set of screenshot is from another game of a armor type.

It's more how the people are standing, and pick just a wall or even a doorway so everyone can really see what the different armors really look like.

The Wiki is for general information about Wurm. Having a picture of each type of chain armor is understandable, but unless the gender makes a huge difference (I haven't looked), I don't know if we need that many pictures. Also alternating between male and female models throughout the various metal types would provide a good comparison of each, as the actual chain texture is pretty much the same. It's just colored differently.

As for pictures for light and dark, it's a good idea to stick to crisp images that showcase the items in question.

If you do plan to do a mass uploading of images, I would highly recommend that you contact the Wurmpedia Manager Marni (bwg on the forums) with your idea before uploading, if you do have the upload permissions. For the most part, editors only have the ability to edit non-protected articles. Any off-site images would be better suited in a Game Guide post on the forums here and hosted by you personally.

Basically, the Wurmpedia shouldn't be cluttered with many images that convey the same idea, and it is preferred that images used on the Wurmpedia be hosted by the wiki itself, not off-site hosts that often end up missing and broken. If you'd like to showcase all the armor yourself, the forums would be the better place to do this. If you think the Wurmpedia would benefit from an overview page showing full armor sets, then that is a proposal that can be discussed. :)

a good way for people to look at all the different armor sets..

overview page showing full armor sets

that would be cool. that way people could see all the different sets

i was thinking thought we should pick a background anyone can have or build. not a deed or a building but just one wall. same wall type.

thats reason i put post here befor just doing it

sorry for bad spelling:(

Not the best image, but bronze. 

gwyFJ56.png

EDIT: LOL Missing a sleeve. One sleeve is leather.

Edited by Audrel

Not the best image, but bronze. 

gwyFJ56.png

EDIT: LOL Missing a sleeve. One sleeve is leather.

Audrel,

Can you redo this with full chain?  Also please redo it with no chat/craft windows behind it, and perhaps use a simple blank wall and flat ground.

Edited by dasfry

That's an old picture but I might still have a bronze and copper set around. I know I have silver, steel, and iron. I know the gold set is gone. I will need a day or two and I can have all the sets (excluding any PvP metals).

EDIT: Isn't there a setting for window transparency? I could always set them to solid for the screenshots.

Edited by Audrel

I had all but a bronze chest so here's some images of iron, steel, copper, bronze, silver, and gold chain sets. I only have a free imaging hosting on imgur and upload a lot of junk to email around so I can't guarantee they stay long there. If you could upload them to a more permanent location, it would be great.

The background has been removed in all of them and changed to transparent.

Silver

RiAvA72.png

Iron

wfGT8wX.png

Steel

7HFGBtt.png

Gold

BImXCSr.png

Bronze

iw274Mx.png

Copper

KFf8Ne1.png

• Like 2

nice i would really put it on wiki im not only person that hates the forums.

atm silver/iron/steel all look the same.

• Like 1

Yes, silver is ever so slightly more white than steel but my eye cannot see the difference between iron and steel.

Those screens, Audrel, those kinds would be the best kind.  The look from the character function could be used to update the armor types in the wiki.  I'll speak with Marni to see what is said. :)

• Like 2