Magranons Scar - Highway Project

fgspDY9.png

3x6zJPr.png

website updated on 24/10/2016

and here the link to the new website:

http://magranonsscar.weebly.com/

Mags Scar monthly mining event!

next one is 31st December and 1st of January 2017

Starting at 5th of November 2016, we will hold a monthly scar mining event, to help with coordination for people who want to help out and those who couldn't reach me or couldn't figure out a good time to meet.

it will be every first weekend of a month and I will try to be on as much as possible (I'm from gmt+3, but there might be other workers around from other timezones who know what to do).

Whoever joins us can get free shovel and pickaxe imps from Raybarg and we can provide tools if necessary aswell. 
Every worker who joins, can take mined shards with them, for free :), aswell as keep any tools that you might have gotten from us.

Also we have an inn with rooms and beds(can make more if needed) and we have kitchen, forges, a mine with iron, a mailbox, wells, stables etc.
Everything you need should be taken care of, while staying at the scar :) 

and you are free to contribute to anything else that's not mining aswell.

oh and Pingpong, the noob, will also be there :P

happy mining ! 

nDuzEU8.png

link to old forum topic if curious: 

[18:53:35] <Zigozag> The World of Wurm will shatter and everything will change when the Magranon's Scar is complete - so the prophecy says

Edited by Miretta
update
  • Like 15

Great to see you guys making progress. I remember seeing this when I was first poking on wurm almost 2 years ago, and to see that you guys (and girls) are still hard at it, is an impressive show of dedication. Hopefully the map doesn't get reset anytime soon. =P

Edited by Arronicus

even if there would be a reset, we have made alot of screenshots over the time, and now with that website it wouldnt be forgotten :)

When this huge project is finally done you will log on to WURM, look around and then say, 'What to do, what to do?' :huh: .

When this huge project is finally done you will log on to WURM, look around and then say, 'What to do, what to do?' :huh: .

that doesn't sound like me :P

Why would it need to end there?

aeiQcaI.png

This is merely a joke btw and sorry about the texts being hard to read, it was not meant to be clear and informative. :)

Edited by Raybarg
  • Like 9

Come through my old neighborhood and watch the land wars erupt :P

Besides never happening, that would be one awesome sight to behold Raybarg :D

Mag's Scar is looking great judging by the screens, if I can get my lazy ass off my deed I might go down there to see how it is "irl" :)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Besides never happening, that would be one awesome sight to behold Raybarg :D

Mag's Scar is looking great judging by the screens, if I can get my lazy ass off my deed I might go down there to see how it is "irl" :)

it's usually that one step on the scar and you get hooked for weeks muhahaha XD

some update on a corner of the Highway :)

3071137_orig.jpg

also: trolls should not come between a Miner of the Scar and it's rock :o

3105034_orig.jpg

Wheres the doc? :c

:(

not sure tbh, last information I got from him is, that even magranons scar couldn't hold him anymore :o , maybe he comes back end of the year, maybe he won't, can't say for sure.

gurubear crater road connection :) 2 tiles done XD

3661249_orig.jpg

Just want to commend you on this hugh and awesome project. Ive been watching this over the years and its all I can do to control my wanderlust and move over to Indy and help out.

But alas I must stay in control and mind my responsibilities at home.

Oh no im no longer a hermit, how did this happen? 

Here's something to motivate you when you have to do some more surface mining :3

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

• Like 3

I finally had a time to look at the website (and project, and videos)

Excellent stuff, very cool and inspiring. Keep it up everyone.

And good jarb on that site.

BUT BUT, Magranon likes mining, it makes him happy. If you make the mountains gone, his happiness is gone.

Stop it NOW!!! Save the Mountains

But then, what to expect form people following an OX.

Edited by PWreset

27 minutes ago, PWreset said:

BUT BUT, Magranon likes mining, it makes him happy. If you make the mountains gone, his happiness is gone.

Stop it NOW!!! Save the Mountains

But then, what to expect form people following an OX.

stubborness ?:P with head through the wall? 

Edited by Miretta

Gud'morning Farelle, Rayberg,     December 11, 2015 at 16:51 UTCC

Four years since TheMadDoctor and friends first started this project (back in 2011) and it is looking awesome.

To help volunteers get to it from all sides, below is an updated map of the Local Roads around Magranon's Scar Project.

Included is the new foot traffic friendly, 20 slope maximum, Guard Tower protected north side access road to Gurubear's Crater from Zanzibar Land.

Scale 1 pixel = 1 tile.  Map courtesy the Indy Community Map roads updating team.

NOTE:  Accuracy is NOT guaranteed as folks are always adding or removing roads, given the very dynamic, every changing nature of a sandbox game world.

Enjoy! 

Cheers!

Hughmongus

Indy Community Map updating team

(we do NOT add deeds, that can only be done by a forum request from a village's Mayor).

PS: and before someone asks what the black " T " in the red circle symbols are, they are the new Tar Pit symbol, much easier to find instead of hunting for a 2x2 black square that resembled a piece of detached road.

wurm_20151211_0827PST_Map-Magranons_Scar

wow, thank you for this very detailed updated map :D I don't know if you have noticed it, but the south side of the scar is slowly turning into a 20 slope from the bottom up also, thanks to some effort of sidras and the fact that some deeds/houses had fallen on the bottom of the scar.

• Like 1