Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

more priest questions

howdy again boys and girls!

more questions for yall!

where is a good point to stop delaying and go ahead and priest?

only skill i want to improve on is ropemaking, still only like 18 before priesting.  like to get to at least 40 before priesting up.  thanks to Wargasm for the ropemaking thread he started recently.

but what should i be aiming at for mind logic, body stats, and soul stats before making the change?

is there one skill (any skill not just characteristics) that needs to be x level before changing?

thanks in advance!

Edited by junkkmann
  • Like 1

Get 21 body control first.  It can be done after priesting (archery is one decent method), but it's easier prior.

• Like 1

Thanks Kruggan!

ok, other than body control any other skills or characteristics?

Edited by junkkmann

The only thing I can think of off hand is maybe Masonry/stonecutting if you'd like to use your priest as a mule to churn out bricks and mortar like a wildman.  You could make some fences or imp grindstones to get those status up near 25-30.  It's not a must but it will make grinding bricks/mortar easier later.  

• Like 1

howdy again boys and girls!

more questions for yall!

where is a good point to stop delaying and go ahead and priest?

only skill i want to improve on is ropemaking, still only like 18 before priesting.  like to get to at least 40 before priesting up.  thanks to Wargasm for the ropemaking thread he started recently.

but what should i be aiming at for mind logic, body stats, and soul stats before making the change?

is there one skill (any skill not just characteristics) that needs to be x level before changing?

thanks in advance!

If you plan on making cordage on the priest itself, aim for more like 80+. After priesting it becomes very slow to train and it isn't that slow beforehand.

Otherwise you're going to have to make a TON of low ql ropes.

As Kruggan said, a bit of masonry/carpentry training now and you can use your priest to help create planks/bricks etc in future also which is always nice.

• Like 1

thanks again guys, so need to bust out the wemp and get busy on ropemaking then.  all his other stats up in great shape.

• Like 1

You can get body control carving shafts as a priest.

You can get body str (slowly) as a priest from farming, or other professions (mining, woodcutting, digging) depending on your religion.

If you're planning to be a vyn priest, I highly recommend ropemaking.  Improve net traps as a follower before priesting.

Best way to train up ropemaking before you priest is to imp net traps, which use ropemaking skill but imp like cloth tailoring items (so cotton string, rather than wemp) - a much less resource-hungry way to grind, and a lot faster in my experience - especially when you get past the early levels. Will be doing that on my battery, as I lacked the foresight to do it on my first vynora priest  :rolleyes:

I highly suggest not priesting unless you have another character you can play on or an entire village to support you. It can be extremely boring.