Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Tile bug wont let you move onto the tile.

Encountering a bug with tiles that causes you to not be able to walk on that tile. It's hard to explain so I made a video showing the bug. This has been experienced across 2 servers, and doesnt seem to be limited to having walls near the tile(as the on one deli was in the middle of a highway)

I believe this is linked to any sudden lag that may occur causing a client side bug on whats possible to cross and what isnt.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCpGO6XiUk

I've experienced this a few times lately as well, when dealing with slopes. It's as if you are being "snapped" back to your starting position and can't advance.

• Like 1

I have this too sometimes. I can show at least one area where it is sure to repeat.

I have had it with gates and also i think with mine doors.

I've also experienced this but it was out hunting so I don't have specific tiles to show but the ones I encountered had no fences or hedging just one minute I'm riding the next I'mm back a tile or so and off my horse. Some where on highways some not I kind of felt it was related to the same bug that is preventing reaching bsb's on higher levels as at one point I couldn't lead my horse because a non existent fence was in the way which is what I get when trying to access my bsb's now I also had this reaching a planted tall banner where a hedge was in the way  this was under a bridge and the hedge was at the top of a slope on the next tile border its like somethings skewing the location of structures somehow.

• Like 1

Expanding a bit on that bug, tend to happens when leaving caves as well :

Deed Midgard on Deliverance

DHJMjeo.jpg

Flat tile outside / 16 slopes(ish) inside. Rubberbanding and teleporting you back inside the cave, right at the entrance (as shown in the picture).

2CG4rgQ.jpg

Midgard still - lavender plantation - stuck between two with rubberbanding and teleporting. Reproducible when the hedges are next to an upward slope.

Bumping, confirmed that I can reproduce this at anytime in the EXACT same spot.

Do you get any messages at the same time, in the console or the event tab?

Every now and then I get the Teleporting message. But I don't always get it.

Still broken - I get "the fence is in the way" - when I try to get closer I bounce, and sometimes the colored "teleporting" message. I can show the spots this happens. It's always happening.

Still broken - I get "the fence is in the way" - when I try to get closer I bounce, and sometimes the colored "teleporting" message. I can show the spots this happens. It's always happening.

ya its consistent for me now too. same spot every time.

To pass that tile you need to go at it from the center. This bug has existed ever since they made it possible to jump over fences. Its especially prevalent when you try to traverse a fence ladder, as it will happen on almost every tile. Aligning yourself with the center of the tile when trying to go toward it seems to allow you to pass every time.

To pass that tile you need to go at it from the center. This bug has existed ever since they made it possible to jump over fences. Its especially prevalent when you try to traverse a fence ladder, as it will happen on almost every tile. Aligning yourself with the center of the tile when trying to go toward it seems to allow you to pass every time.

What's happening to me is, animals and tower guards are getting stuck in the tiles, so I try to get them off. So I'm not trying to pass the tile, but get up into the tile at a different angle so I don't get the "fence is in the way" warning.

Ok now all the horses are cramming up into the area with the tiles that think they're blocked by fences. This picture shows what will be a half hour's work trying to get them off the same tiles, climbing and bouncing against imaginary barriers, getting warnings that the fence is blocking the way. Doing this every single day is really wearing at me. There's enough dull repetition as it is in the game:

Fence_in_way_zpsvbbplcsa.jpg

Here is a mushroom I can't pick because of the invisible fence:

mushroom_zpseu4rswvy.jpg

Yeah, I had this problem several times on several different servers in several different circumstances. No walls, no fences, no slopes, no nothing. Just the inability to move. Yet another Wurm disappointment, and one of the many reasons I will never pay one single iron for Epic.