Sign in to follow this  
Battlepaw

PMKs on Freedom how would they work? Could they even work at all?

PVE hermits - defined as people who do not interact with other players - are extremely rare, and there is no way they should get to decide on game mechanics that impair everybody else.

The vast majority of players have some sort of interactions with neighbours or alliance members, for instance exchanging goods or giving a new neighbour a horse. These exchanges and acts of trust should not be jeopardised by players who want their woodscraps to be soulbound like epic gear in WoW, simply because they have no intention of ever interacting with another player. 

None of this influence, towers etc. But PMK's for the sake of having your own banner would be awesome. :)

None of this influence, towers etc. But PMK's for the sake of having your own banner would be awesome. :)

Maybe as someone told before, duchess. Like alliance but it will cost you the money and have the ability for banner and such..

This would let players control territory.    This means if you are not in the PMK you wouldn't be able to put deeds down within the PMK territory.  

I think we need a lot more specifics about this part of the idea.  Could someone with a bunch of alts form a PMK and basically lock out everyone else from using huge portions of the game map?  How much more territory beyond a PMK members deed does it allow you to control?

Not saying "no" or flaming your idea, I just have lots of questions about the mechanics of it.

Also from a community standpoint, would this bring some undesirable elements to Freedom servers?  Like accusing players of being spies, mistrust, etc etc.

Edited by Proximo

It is an interesting idea and one way I think it might work on freedom is as an alliance of alliances.

Example:

My alliance 'Hermits of Deli' makes an alliance with the 'Shores' alliance giving us control of most of the eastern coast of Deli. and create the PMK ' Beach Bums of Deli'.  

Then anyone wishing to deed in the area would not be blocked from doing so but would have to abide by the rules set by the PMK.  

If an alliance withdraws or falls due to players leaving then the PMK falls as well and a new one can be created in that area.

The Guild idea is awesome we OTG (Old Timers Guild) already do this unofficially it would be great to have it officially supported in the game.

I'm afraid that my previous post came across a little too strongly and perhaps from the wrong angle. All I truly meant is that suggestions made on the forums, which in the past have been implemented, need to be carefully considered from all angles. Those who deal with those situations on a daily basis tend to have a better idea of the problems those suggestions might cause if implemented, so they would be better able to phrase the suggestions in a manner that would cause the least amount of harm if the implementing went wrong (as it sometimes does).

I apologize for worrying enough about the lines being further blurred between PvE and PvP that I drifted into the Us vs Them thinking. My alliances have always been between my own toons , so I could work on multiple deeds. My interactions with other people have been limited to trading. So, I guess, it is I who should bow out of this discussion and let those with a better knowledge of PMKs discuss this issue.

• Like 1

People who play Wurm just for the PvE content might be the ones who find it fun using Paint.

I would love to see wurm becoming PvP only orientated and that's where the PMK should be at.

Edited by Easter

People who play Wurm just for the PvE content might be the ones who find it fun using Paint.

I would love to see wurm becoming PvP only orientated and that's where the PMK should be at.

Rolf already learned that lesson a few years ago when the "people who use Paint" had PvP forced on them and their leaving nearly bankrupted Wurm.

Show some respect and gratitude to the people funding the game in the first place allowing you to have your PvP =)

• Like 2