Sign in to follow this  
Tatar

[Bug] House wall "burning" for 3 days (lag)

Hello.

After installing the forge in the corner house - a wall start "to burn". This has been going on Day 3.
How do I fix this bug?

I pulled forge from the place where now the fire and put as it stands now ( screenshot ) - it does not solve the problem.

P.S.: Used Google translator ; I know little English.

Thank you for help.kec39l.jpgn700b5.jpg

• Like 1

On a related note I'd like to know what this is:

Ot2e2JO.png

ggXmmBo.png

Hello.

After installing the forge in the corner house - a wall start "to burn". This has been going on Day 3.

How do I fix this bug?

I pulled forge from the place where now the fire and put as it stands now ( screenshot ) - it does not solve the problem.

P.S.: Used Google translator ; I know little English.

The issue with the fire particles remaining on a tile even if the forge or other fire source is moved is a known issue.  The only thing that fixes it seems to be a server restart.  This has been on the bug list for some time and happens with more than forges.

Aeris - your image is dark so I'm not able to make out what the orange glow is.  It could be something similar or maybe lava or an eerie glow from a lamp?  Is that a mine?  If so, is there a forge lit down there?  I'm hoping that with a lot of the client work being done, these things will be addressed.

• Like 1

The issue with the fire particles remaining on a tile even if the forge or other fire source is moved is a known issue.  The only thing that fixes it seems to be a server restart.  This has been on the bug list for some time and happens with more than forges.

Thanks

Alectrys I've honestly no idea of what it is :) My theory is that perhaps a lava creature had made a home in the rock below and is making the hedge a shiny shiny beacon!

... I was mostly just hoping someone had seen it before and could explain what was going on there :P

Adding new report of fire particles continuing to burn until server restart here to consolidate reports http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130032-ever-burning-forge/

And a new report http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145103-forge-stays-lit-visually-even-after-the-fire-goes-out/

Edited by Alectrys
Added new report Sept 10 2016

Fire particle also moves when loaded/unloaded apparently based on the perspective of the user and current placement of the forge? Not sure. We are looking at the same thing from different angles. Phrike's particle was originally where Ayluin's particle still is. >_> Weird.

473ebc8fd49d4373a2f639ab169a949e.png

db945172eb6e4552b02cf7e8280cf894.png

Ayluin, this is part of the same issue and included with the bug.  Thanks for your comments and images.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2015 at 1:02 PM, Aeris said:

On a related note I'd like to know what this is:

Ot2e2JO.png

ggXmmBo.png

I had a similar instance of this actually, with the underside of a bridge glowing red in a horizontal stripe. I'd thought it was maybe Sol but it was the dead of night. I did notice there was a lava spider nearby though, so likely was the cause?

Bumping this old horse. Its now been well over a years since last post and two and a half years since OP.

Lit forge was pushed, then became unlit as the flame still is in the same place.

Ironicly the eternal flame still burns.

FyY9bCT.jpg

69j53td.jpg

When you light a forge, campfire, oven and you push, pull or place it after it is lit the flame will keep it's current position and not update.

https://imgur.com/BH5y5Hz

Edited by Smokie

After moving campfire flame remains burning at old place. To reproduce:

1. Create campfire at the corner of the tile

2. Move -> Move to center

3. Enjoy ;)

https://imgur.com/a/x7Ych0U

Edited by Gorefiend
  • Like 1

Moved to Wurm Online, Client Bugs section, I'm sure I saw this in CA Help earlier regarding WO issue.

Edited by shakys

I just moved a lit forge in a cave and the flame particle effect and light source effect stayed at the original position Just a minor bug, nothing seemed to break.

Right Click and 'Place'-ment of a smelter aside(while it is still burning), keeps the fire animation where the smelter have been lit.

With a lit forge, doing the place action moves the forge, but the flame model stays where it was before action. Just had this tonight when I was moving stuff around deed.

wurm.20210912.1930.jpg

I'm seeing the same thing with an open fireplace. It happened indoors but went away after a short time, however I also had the fireplace outside for a while and that one is still going two days later.

unknown.png

Thank you for bumping this up. I have reminded the team that this needs looking into further.