Sign in to follow this  
sunsvortex

Why is all of xan grass now mycellium?

I'm a Nahjo follower on Xanadu (and a Libila follower when on Chaos). I've injured myself and I can't absorb the mycelium.

Yeah but do you gain food (nahjo cheese) when you stay on it?

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 2

Take shovel, dig dirt, turn myc into dirt, plant grass, profit. Don't try to make it sound omfg dramatic when it's really not.

No, i will do no such thing, I didnt make the mess, im not cleaning it up.

No, i will do no such thing, I didnt make the mess, im not cleaning it up.

Did you build a Nahjo altar?

If so then you did make the mess friend.

Did you build a Nahjo altar?

If so then you did make the mess friend.

That statement is belligerently stupid.

That statement is belligerently stupid.

Please don't insult me, I'm merely pointing out that your hissy fit and childish remarks of "i didn't make the mess i aint cleaning it" were incorrect if you did indeed build a Nahjo altar.

The way the spell works is it replaces grass within the gods influence, so if you have a bunch of Mycelium causing you trouble then you must have an altar nearby, so you or a close neighbour did contribute to your own situation.  If there was no Nahjo altar in your vicinity you wouldn't have a problem.

You converted your area to a god which had an incomplete spell list, then complain when one of the perks isn't to your liking.   

Libila or her spells should have no place on Freedom.

• Like 2

Nevermind. 

Edited by Daolin
  • Like 2

So what is the counter spell to Rite of Death to undo the damage ?

There is none.

• Like 1

ok. so people keep asking for a fix. Its been said several times here guys.

"PACK THE TILE THEN PLANT FLOWERS FOR GRASS"

Come on its that simple. If you don't like it, you shouldnt of picked an new, unknown, religion.

Edit: I understand about a lot of tiles, im directing this at the people complaining about their animals dieing.

Edited by Nicrolis

Nahjo has three rituals:  Rite of Spring, Holy Crop, Rite of Death, and they all came up at the same time.  Rite of Death was by far the most entertaining choice.

Someone above said Mag. Rite of Spring is Vyn, Mag is Ritual of the Sun. Anyone care to confirm which he has?

• Like 1

Please don't insult me, I'm merely pointing out that your hissy fit and childish remarks of "i didn't make the mess i aint cleaning it" were incorrect if you did indeed build a Nahjo altar.

The way the spell works is it replaces grass within the gods influence, so if you have a bunch of Mycelium causing you trouble then you must have an altar nearby, so you or a close neighbour did contribute to your own situation.  If there was no Nahjo altar in your vicinity you wouldn't have a problem.

You converted your area to a god which had an incomplete spell list, then complain when one of the perks isn't to your liking.   

Its a confirmed bug  - understand?

Its a bug -  as in not working as intended - understand?

The cheap ploy of trying to make people think its supposed to work like this is not working.

Talking as if its supposed to work like this so that people will accept it and help you get it to stay on freedom servers will not work either.

Its a bug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there an ETA on the Fix for this? -Staff Response - Dev Response please

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

How predictable. I have been wondering how long it would take for Rolf to find a way to sneak mycelium onto the Freedom Isles servers AND do it in a way he can say is "Working As Intended".

This is no "bug".

Sunsvortex you've been around a long time. You know how this works.

Edited by geode

Someone above said Mag. Rite of Spring is Vyn, Mag is Ritual of the Sun. Anyone care to confirm which he has?

It is Rite of Spring

ok. so people keep asking for a fix. Its been said several times here guys.

"PACK THE TILE THEN PLANT FLOWERS FOR GRASS"

Come on its that simple. If you don't like it, you shouldnt of picked an new, unknown, religion.

Edit: I understand about a lot of tiles, im directing this at the people complaining about their animals dieing.

If you're gonna smartmouth people at least get it right.

Leggat + mixed grass = thatch which you plant for grass.  No need to send people hunting flowers to hope they have enough before the RNG makes them run out a few tiles short of a fixed deed.

Come on, "it's" that simple.  If you don't know the full mechanic, you "shouldn't" be condescending about them.

Leggat + mixed grass = thatch which you plant for grass.  No need to send people hunting flowers to hope they have enough before the RNG makes them run out a few tiles short of a fixed deed.

Come on, "it's" that simple.  If you don't know the full mechanic, you "shouldn't" be condescending about them.

You do realize you only need a few flowers to replant, don't you?  You just plant, repick the flowers, and plant again.

Pretty silly to call someone out like that in this way when that person is right.

Plant flower, pick flower. Can reuse the same flower over and over, till one time you fail in picking. I think I average about 150 tiles per flower. Then you just need another flower. No need to go through that leggat and mixed grass routine for every single tile.

Edited by Viti
  • Like 2

If Libila exist on freedom with the mycelium 98% nutrition bar benefit, I would play again ;3 ... 

Myc is not so bad for animals.. probably color is gross for those who are not used to something evil tho. 

They don't spread to enchanted grass.

And animals can graze on them if they are corrupted.

Also they don't spread well on area that doesn't have the god's domain that relate with the mycellium and decay quite decent speed if the god's domain removed. Removing the altar might be easy but a bit slow solution.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Pretty silly to call someone out like that in this way when that person is right.

Plant flower, pick flower. Can reuse the same flower over and over, till one time you fail in picking. I think I average about 150 tiles per flower. Then you just need another flower. No need to go through that leggat and mixed grass routine for every single tile.

Same amount of actions, except you can find grass more easily than flowers, specially now that you can gather off tree tiles.

Plant + pick vs. Thatch + plant.

You also forgot using sprout + cut for planting grass if we're gonna be technical about it =)

you need to get it right. And please do not insult me.

flowers plant grass as well.

I like how he resorted to insults ;_; hurt my feelings.

Edited by Nicrolis

Delete please, combined posts

Edited by Nicrolis

If Libila exist on freedom with the mycelium 98% nutrition bar benefit, I would play again ;3 ... 

Dont forget that it goes back and forth between 98 and 99 :P

Its a confirmed bug  - understand?

Its a bug -  as in not working as intended - understand?

The cheap ploy of trying to make people think its supposed to work like this is not working.

Talking as if its supposed to work like this so that people will accept it and help you get it to stay on freedom servers will not work either.

Its a bug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there an ETA on the Fix for this? -Staff Response - Dev Response please

Has it been confirmed as a bug? I haven't seen that. 

Basically though, if you haven't been in Wurm long enough to learn this, it is up to you to make the best of situations until a solution is presented. Should your horses die because you didn't fix the tiles yourself, that would fall under player negligence, would it not?

I can tell you that if this happened on my deed on Exodus, I'd waste no time in fixing the tiles myself. Though it wouldn't happen as my deed is in Vynora's influence. I really don't think it would have as big of an impact on any other server simply because the domains have been established with fairly high QL altars already. 

As for a fix.. I don't know much about the server workings, but if it's like any other database - a mass change like reverting only tiles would take some time to put together. Patience is a virtue... so pack them tiles, plant that grass, and take in the game history you've witnessed. Just as people talk about "that time when they enabled PvP and didn't tell anyone", I'm sure you'll be able to tell new players about "that time Xanadu was coated in mycellium". :)

• Like 1