Sign in to follow this  
Guruen

Guruens Treasure Hunt - #1

Guruens Treasure Hunt

This event is sponsored by Genuine Guruen Gear â„¢

Intro:

It's time for me to dust off my community events, and this time i'm trying a new format. 
Some of you might know the ones i used to do back on Celebration, they were in the format of gather/deliver quests. This time i'm gonna do a treasure hunt.

How will it work?
I'll be hiding a locked chest somewhere on Deliverance with treasure* inside and i'll post hints on where you can find the chest. The chest will be locked so if someone should stumble upon it randomly they won't be able to loot the treasure, only the treasure hunters will be able to get inside. This also means that you'll need a key for it, that key can be bought from a merchant on my deed** and will be set to cost 5c. The 5c will be the entry fee to join in on the treasure hunt.

I trust in people not to ruin this event from others by moving the chest etc. Let's make this something everyone can enjoy, and if the feedback from it is good i'll try and make this something regular (aiming for monthly)

How do i enter?

There's an entry fee of 5c, you enter the hunt by purchasing a key from merchant.

Keys will be available on my merchant today. 
Merchant will be marked with sign and it's located on my deed Blacksteel Estate (X41Y16 on the community map)

(I'm making loads of keys, but in case the merchant is empty feel free to PM and i'll make more)

Treasure Hunt Start:

Hints will be released Sunday, July 26th. (Time of hunt will start at roughly 4pm CET)
(Chest won't be placed untill sunday at some point and will not be placed if i see anyone in my locale, no stalking/cheating! :D)

What's in the treasure?

It's a secret and will be revealed when it's found. ;)

Chest has been found!
content.jpg

This event is sponsored by Genuine Guruen Gear â„¢

*Treasure will have a market value of at least 1-2s, most of the times even more.
**My deed is Blacksteel Estate, and is located at X41Y16 on the community map. 

Edited by Guruen
  • Like 10

One day, when I was coming home from a delivery, I came across a injured person walking on the side of the road. I stopped to offer my assistance when he passed out in front off me. I took the person with me to my home, and patched him up. When he came to himself again, i got the story on how he ended up passing out on the road.

This is the story;

'We came from Xanadu in search of riches and a place to call home, we left our ship on the shore and started exploring. We walked for days in search of fertile lands, but all we had seen so far where rolling hills and mountains. In one of the valleys we got ambushed by trolls, they killed a few from our group and the rest of us panicked.
My brother, John, and myself managed to get away out of the valley, and we thought we were safe, but when we reached the top of the next hill we stumbled across a couple of trolls. We surprised them and managed to kill a few of them before one of them hit John, with a blow to the back of his head, killing him instantly. Seeing my brother fall to the ground lifeless,
I lost it. I became so enraged that somehow i managed to kill the last troll. I turned around to check on my brother,
but the noise from our struggle had attracted the rest of the trolls from the ambush.
I had to leave my brother behind and all of our belongings. I ran as fast as i could, past spiders and bears barely making it away with my life. The escape is a big blur and all i remember is that the sun was rising behind me when i ran and i came across an abandoned settlement with a guard tower named 'Vorloren Wachturm'. From there on i found a road and followed that in hope of finding safety somewhere. And that's when you found me on the side of the road..'

Jake, the name of the guy i saved, made a crude map and a few drawings of the area where he had to abandon his brother and 
belongings. He told me that if i managed to get back there i should keep the items if i just promised to bury his brother,
if wild animals hadn't dragged off with his corpse. He decided to return to his family on Xanadu to bring them the bad news.

As I'm backed up to both my ears with other commitments I've decided to put this to the community in hope that someone 
wants to help with this and in return they get to keep whatever they find.

This is the map and drawings Jake made and the key* for the chest with his belongings:

treasuremap.JPG

hint01.jpg

hint02.jpg

*Key is bought from my merchant (check OP)
Edited by Guruen

What a great idea! Hope I can be part of it! :)

EDIT: Got my key \o/

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Remember to pick up your key before sunday! Then you're ready for the hunt once the hints are released :D

Hints are up, GL everyone! (check reply under OP)

15 min, and the chest has been found.

Next time i'll make it harder to find, this was a good test. Thanks for those participating, and hopefully i'll see you and even more for the next one =)

Check OP to see content of the chest in this round.

Edited by Guruen
  • Like 1

Great idea Guru!

I had fun with your gather/deliver events and still got the prizes ive won..

Have Fun and Good luck Deliverance!!