Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

bsb shorting large nails

i pulled  some Lg nails out  of my bsb and  had 1 that was shorter  then the rest, this was the message  i  got [01:14:59] The large nails contains too little material to create a large crate.

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Like 2

I think it is per the last update from yesterday.

In Jakes example, what would have happened before was you'd have pulled out 5 full sized small nails and lost the 0.05kg of the final one. Now, you get to keep the weight of the part nails - just drop them back in the BSB to use again in the future when you've added more nails.

The weight loss on that nail comes from the 5% decay on items in bsb per month.

I believe this is part of the fix from yesterday where the bsb no longer eats the partial weighted items.  I've added the issue as a bug until we hear otherwise.

For details, did you remove all of that particular item and only one was shorted?  Thanks for the details.

(Reported here as well but consolidating posts:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111339-bsb-storage-bugged-again/)

Please take note when removing items from a bsb - how many the bsb indicates it has and how many you actually get.

For example I noticed this:

itema (3)

When I removed ALL of itema, I actually got 4 pieces - 3 full weight and 1 partial.   Please let me know if you experience the same thing with your partial weight items.

okay, but it was annoying for the first while when I did not notice I had partial nails and not paying attention to the event window when the message kept going over and over there is insufficient material etc etc

thinking more on this I would rather loose that little bit of nail than to have to sort through a pile of nails I pull out of the bsb to put the scrappy one back in

perhaps it is, but it still creates more actions, one open up the pile of nails, two scroll to end of the list, three drag the offending nail back into the bsb (hopefully you did not close it already)

perhaps it is, but it still creates more actions, one open up the pile of nails, two scroll to end of the list, three drag the offending nail back into the bsb (hopefully you did not close it already)

Not if you don't take all of the items out of the BSB.

Well this does not only apply to nail but also to your high ql imp materials.
I think all in all this change will be for the best.

Sad to hear that this bug is back.  I had it hit once to a keel.  It was 57 kg instead of 60, could not use it, could not imp it back to 60, and could not put it back in the bsb.  It became a huge piece of firewood.  They need to make sure that some objects are either completely taken when 5% decay occurs, or it does not occur at all.

Not if you don't take all of the items out of the BSB.

true, and I usually have good stockpiles of nails/hardware, but when you are in a building frenzy, you usually end up hitting the bottom of the stocks fairly quickly ;)

I'd rather have this happen than lose 23kg of ql99 log.

• Like 1

What Thorgot said is my point also, still I have had this happen both to keels and hullplanks and it made them useless.
But those high ql imp logs, etc can be really hard to get while I can easly make more keels and nails.

I've noted your concerns in the bug database regarding the cons of some items with low weight and the pros of others.  We're noticing this a bit more since the change recently to prevent the bsb from eating low weight resources.  I don't know if this will be addressed, but it's been noted with a link to this thread as well.

• Like 1

Sad to hear that this bug is back.  I had it hit once to a keel.  It was 57 kg instead of 60, could not use it, could not imp it back to 60, and could not put it back in the bsb.  It became a huge piece of firewood.  They need to make sure that some objects are either completely taken when 5% decay occurs, or it does not occur at all.

I don't understand why it's sad.

Before, you'd lose an entire keel (or hull plank, or whatever) in a decay tick. This way, you only lose part of one. Now, you put it BACK in the BSB and make some more and put them in. As you get decay ticks, you'll keep only losing a bit of one from the BSB, so it will now take MONTHS to lose that entire 1 keel, instead of it happening every decay tick. Now you only end up with MORE, not less...