Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Test Server needs help

I went to test server tonight and the bridge planning there is not working. I was there a few weeks before and there was trouble with building past the first floor because you could not add any walls. There is some kind of blue line highlights in the inventory window that was not there before (classic light). House writs do not have any names showing on them.... 

I guess the moral of the story is that the test server needs some help we can not even use it right now to test things with. 

Edit: Well looks like the wall thing was fixed since i looked last and the writ name thing is just a highlight box over the name but the blue is still there. 

As far as the bridge goes i have no idea why it will not let me plan a bridge it was between two buildings and the ground was level and at the same height. There was no error message in the event that showed why the thing was stopped..

[20:22:59] You carefully place the dioptra on its tripod in front of you.

[20:23:01] looks like bridge would be 1x3 (North-South)

[20:23:01] The tile border to your North is level

[20:23:01] You make sure the dioptra is level.
Edited by Kegan

I've been on test for the last few days and haven't had any issues with house writs or planning walls above the first floor. I haven't fully built one, but I will be doing that soonish. House writs look fine to me, but remember the news post here. Tich is working on permissions and whatnot, so things may be in a state of flux until an official testing post is made. Also, the blue lines in your inventory seem to be a UI enhancement that is being tested. It alternates to separate the rows, like some spreadsheets do. It was jarring at first, but I've gotten used to it by now.

Come to think of it, where are you trying to build? If it's within a settlement, you may need permissions changed.

Well the wall thing was fixed since i was last there but the bridge planning is not working for me both the holder and the planner was on the writ and it stopped at the level dioptra as i edited in the OP. 

Edited by Kegan

Well the wall thing was fixed since i was last there but the bridge planning is not working for me both the holder and the planner was on the writ and it stopped at the level dioptra as i edited in the OP. 

Yeah, I can confirm that bridge planning isn't working right now. I've already sent Tich a message about it so we'll see where things stand in the morning. This really makes me wonder about another server perhaps? One for deep experiments and development, like what Test is now, and one that is basically running the same as Live so that players can test mechanics without committing whole days at times on their live accounts. Especially with things like bridges.