Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

Artifact Changes Review

Killed a goblin leader in 6 hits with the sword of mag? What kind of drivel are you making up? Sword of mag does irritates on the live servers to the goblin leader. Source? We killed him 1 week ago with the sword of mag in the group.

A 2h weapon does like ~1 damage to the goblin leader, and roughly 20 damage to a normal player (Extreme case).

Are you saying that the sword of mag, and hammer are roughly 16x (By your maths the sword of mag does ~16dmg a hit to the gob leader and thus by simple extrapolation does 16x more damage based on 1 dmg a hit on the gob leader form normal 2h axe) stronger than the normal weapons and thus do ~ 300 damage to a normal player?

At least make your maths somewhat realistic before making up rubbish LOL.

Edited by Redd

I am happy that with WU's help, we can finally check the artifacts ourselves for review rather than depending on the kingdom who holds them right now :)

I'm not sure we can compare our experiences in Wurm Unlimited to Wurm Online. Who knows what's been changed in the code for Unlimited. It's not a fair comparison.

Believe the Developers did said a lot of stuff in WU was changed from WO mostly to prevent cheat devices

Hashi, you probably forgot to set teh goblin leader stats or something, because that is 100% false on live servers.

Hashi, you probably forgot to set teh goblin leader stats or something, because that is 100% false on live servers.

I didn't set the red dragon stats either, and still it was taking 0.6 dmg per hit. (which is fair for a 2 handed weapon)

Meh, goblin leader dies in 6 hits from sword of mag (7 for hammer of mag).

Now I used the same weapons and skills to fight red dragon which was losing like 0.6 health per hit which seemed fair, but don't know if its just goblin leader which is too weak/ red dragon which is too strong.

Nonetheless, try yourself. Seeing goblin leader dying in 6 hits, being soloed by a non-sotg player owning and artifact, 50 body account. I can conclude it would own any regular player with the same artifact, its OP no buff needed. 

And I doubt they could have done wrong coding for Goblin leader for WU as with the dragon and such everything is fine (didnt test forest giant/troll king,etc)

Edited by Hashirama

Killed a goblin leader in 6 hits with the sword of mag? What kind of drivel are you making up? Sword of mag does irritates on the live servers to the goblin leader. Source? We killed him 1 week ago with the sword of mag in the group.

A 2h weapon does like ~1 damage to the goblin leader, and roughly 20 damage to a normal player (Extreme case).

Are you saying that the sword of mag, and hammer are roughly 16x (By your maths the sword of mag does ~16dmg a hit to the gob leader and thus by simple extrapolation does 16x more damage based on 1 dmg a hit on the gob leader form normal 2h axe) stronger than the normal weapons and thus do ~ 300 damage to a normal player?

At least make your maths somewhat realistic before making up rubbish LOL.

And you, I am not playing maths here, just told what i saw happen, gave the stats of the account, weapon skill,weapon used, and the pure facts. That Goblin leader died like nothing to an artifact, if you don't believe it check it yourself. If you do not have the time/ or do not want to check, then you have no idea what is going on here and should refrain from posting here (but ofcourse keep posting). Sensible discussion is out of the question I guess.

I doubt the developers made it so that one unique would die to all weapon artifacts ridiculously fast exclusively on WU, and all the other uniques do not die that fast (honestly havent checked forest giant or troll king), but atleast took the time out to check goblin leader.

Now with facts, and having used the artifacts myself within comparable limits (not something like 99 body strength and stuff), it can be concluded that they are OP?

how can it be that only goblin leader dies to weapon artifacts so fast and the others do not? like the red dragon. and only in WU? as in WO everything works fine.(the code here atleast seems working fine for both WU and WO) Caus the code for dragon seems fine in both WU and WO, so I assume GL will die equally fast on chaos or elevation. And if GL dies like crap, what about other players......
Pls for the sake of discussion, come with facts... or keep spamming like you usually do "artifacts are useless pls buff them".

Edited by Hashirama

well seeings how the sword of mag is currently weaker then a huge axe, and we just killed the goblin leader on chaos with people using huge axes, and the fact that it took way more then 6 hits, i'd say ur test is either fake/you messed something up lol. Cause no way ur killing it in 6 hits with sword of mag on the live server.

I can assure you that the artifacts do not do that much damage on WO.  Given that it's down to a set of numbers somewhere in the code or in a config file, I doubt that everything is the same between both games.  And if the artifacts are doing that to uniques on WU, they would one-shot pretty much any player, even champ/sotg.

If that was the case, don't you think we'd still be using them every damned day?

I used the hammer of mag to help kill a forest giant on Ele.  It certainly did not do a lot more than a normal huge axe did.  The only benefit was I could try to tank it with a shield and have a hard hitting weapon still

they dont do that much damage on WO

the only reason they were an issue was due to the crit chance increase with fantastic items

which people would have said if they knew what fantastic did way earlier.....

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

by default the cr on wu is buffed a lot i think

3.0 (WO is 1.0)

Not sure if that only means 3x though, so... Yeah turn that to 1.0 and try maybe.

Makes no sense, red dragon and other uniques lose the same health as they do on WO, why just Goblin leader.....and that too exclusively on WU.

Edited by Hashirama

If Hammer of mag and sword of mag did THAT much damage, dont you think we will be using it? jeeze

If Hammer of mag and sword of mag did THAT much damage, dont you think we will be using it? jeeze

maybe you do not use it to put that kind of point in the air only to get them buffed even more. Oh wait that's what you are doing...

Dude, you're eating apples and claiming that the oranges taste like bananas.  The values set on WO are not guaranteed to be the same that is used on the live WO servers.  I still use the hammer regularly (because skill gains), and it does not kill the goblin leader in several hits. Even with the crit bonus in, and the mag damage bonus stacking, it would not have killed the goblin leader even remotely that fast.

you probably left the server settings the same with the CR bonus, or something else.  i set everything as close to normal as possible

90 in all skills, 90 FS, 50 in all characteristics, 90ql scale and 90ql glimmer helm.  combat rating multiplier set to 1, action timer multiplier set to 1.

sword of mag.  i hit for 10.7 damage. http://i.imgur.com/eIkUWeL.png

glimmer huge axe: 9.88 damage  http://i.imgur.com/Je09lXF.png

ignoring the 10-20% variance in damage you can do with a weapon, glimmer huge axes (IN WURM ULTIMATE, NOT COMPARABLE TO WO) hit for the same damage as the sword of mag.  also, pretty sure artifacts cant crit anymore, while huge axes can.

a few comments regarding your observations:

1) i would die before i could get a second hit.  no idea what stats or server settings you had that let you kill one, but it's impossible to solo a goblin leader as they regen faster than you can hurt them

2) sword of mag seems to have inherent FA, per my screenshot above.  it wasnt casted on.

here's screenshots of all my stats/inventory:

http://i.imgur.com/j8V4UxG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MVJKqY0.jpg

all in all, your data is 100% wrong.

Edited by Naio

like i said i just got 50ish body, sword of mag, scale set, appropriate skills in weapon and sub fighting skill, and just spawned a goblin leader.

it died in 6 hits.

tried the same with a dragon, it lost 0.5% health per hit, so it was working properly.

Now i do not understand what i did wrong in this test... :huh:

WU and WO are almost the same but that doesn't mean the results of a given action will be the same though both

like i said i just got 50ish body, sword of mag, scale set, appropriate skills in weapon and sub fighting skill, and just spawned a goblin leader.

it died in 6 hits.

tried the same with a dragon, it lost 0.5% health per hit, so it was working properly.

Now i do not understand what i did wrong in this test... :huh:

sure, make a video of your server settings and of that happening and i'll believe you.

because i tested it myself with the correct server settings and it wasnt anywhere NEAR that.  you are claiming nearly 20 damage a hit and it doesnt apply burning wounds from FA? so many things dont add up.

I love this hilarious "you're deliberately not using the artifacts even though they are good because you want them buffed more just because you don't use them" theory.

BEST THEORY 2015.

I love this hilarious "you're deliberately not using the artifacts even though they are good because you want them buffed more just because you can still not do anything with them as they are now" theory.

BEST THEORY 2015.

fixed that for you m8

knowing how far MR can fall, aye that is also possible.

Edited by Hashirama

Can we please keep the kvk crap out of it?  Then devs can have something worthwhile to read fully

Point of fact, as we've been saying for months of this thread being ignored. A glimmer huge axe is a more reliable weapon than any of the artifact weapons right now, by a pretty damn big margin. 

Thought tbh i'd settle for not having to recharge them every damn week and keep them all within local of the lights because its not worth moving them further because of those recharge times.

Edited by Nadroj