Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

General Balance Discussion

If you can pick it up and put it in your inventory, the spirits ought to be able to mail it, period.

Also, lets encourage trade and mail by dropping the fees charged.  Flat rate postage - 1c per item anywhere, anytime.  Let's compete with UPS!

Yes please!

• Like 1

Back a couple years ago, the running depths of boats was changed.

Ever since then my big boats cannot enter my port because the rock is too shallow.

Could you increase the depth we can lower rock with a pick to the deepest running boat?

• Like 2

• Wooden Beams do not go into a bsb or crate.

You can use misalliance bladed things to butcher(at lower ql) but you can not use anything but a sickle to sprout.

I would be happy if they would just go into a raft. You have 9 logs in the raft that you make the beams out of but the beams won't go back in.

• Make kelp within our reach. Even if it is in ankle deep water, it's beyond our reach. It is (was) a cooking reagent.

Have digging work like mining. The dirt piles onto the ground instead of into your hands. 

Similar functions for surface mining as there are for digging. Keep the timer longer, however. It is rock after all.

EDIT: Thought of more.

• You can't eat or drink on a moving vehicle because you become "too far away" from the food in your hand.

You can't repair an item inside a moving vehicle for the same reason.

• These could be only the driver? I always drive the boat so this is my experience.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 7

hate isn't as good as insanity, don't pretend like it is, ever, or that any other path is on the same level because they aren't. It's misleading, and not correct in the slightest.

the double damage is on a timer, and the spell resistance is pretty much the same as insanity. (because low damage already + 50% reduced.)

power is only good in 1v1s.

the 2x from love is the same as having insanity too, because why do you need to heal twice as much when you take less? l0l

In a proper 1v1, SOTG will win every single time unless path of power spams sludge.

In a group fight, provided no spells or tactics are used and its a straight brawl, the side with the most SOTG will win.

In a group fight, provided no tactics are used, SOTG will win.

In a boat fight, provided they have a good captain, SOTG will win.

It's a crutch.

Maybe you should read before you reply.

Where did I say Love was as good as Insanity?

Where did I say Power was as good as Insanity?

What I said was that they each have their own purpose which is true.

you can craft while driving a vehicule but you can't use yoyos, allow yoyoing on a boat!

• Like 2

Either the loading distance or position to load needs to be examined more closely.  It does not seem intuitive and is even more difficult than the already cumbersome process prior on larger boats like corbitas, cogs, and caravels.  crate loading is sometimes not possible or a very long process of guess work to figure out how t successfully load currently.

PLEASSSSEEEEE!

If you can open the hold then loading should be as easy as drag and drop.  Should not require you to be embarked on ship as captain to load or unload.  You can't see the stuff you are moving.

This Too:

Have digging work like mining. The dirt piles onto the ground instead of into your hands.

Edited by Lolabelle
  • Like 2

You can butcher things in your inventory on a cart that's moving, but you can't butcher something that's in the cart. Not a big deal, but one of those weird wogic things. What you can and can't do based on "you're too far away" is a bit on the illogical side and impacts crafting while traveling weirdly. 

• Like 3

You can butcher things in your inventory on a cart that's moving, but you can't butcher something that's in the cart. Not a big deal, but one of those weird wogic things. What you can and can't do based on "you're too far away" is a bit on the illogical side and impacts crafting while traveling weirdly. 

hehe was editing mine with this as you said it!

Find a way to level the playing field when it comes to windows of opportunity. Oh, and also stop being such a tool when it comes to people obviously exploiting and getting away with it.

• Like 2

Find a way to level the playing field when it comes to windows of opportunity. Oh, and also stop being such a tool when it comes to people obviously exploiting and getting away with it.

Not the words i would of used... but ya. I agree. There are way too many people in the game who have abused the hell out of bugs, and gotten what equated to a slap on the wrist, and those who were affected negatively with those bugs didn't even get compensated.

• Like 1

The ability to Load a few items that are planted like Hota's and not loading planted lamps seems wrong to me.

Planted items should stay planted when you try to load them.

But if the player who planted an item is no longer an active player then they should become unplanted if off deed.

Then they can be loaded.

The game is already pretty cool, here are some things i think most people would like to have.

Clothing Objects

The new clothes are nice, a long skirt for females and priests would be a nice addition for combinations.

Please also make the sleeves of the cloth jacket a seperate item as it looks good this way and we would not need to leave the sleeves slot empty.

Armor

As others stated already, make other armortypes viable to use. (No more naked or plated crafters everywhere)

(just suggestions to start with, needs balancing)

Cloth

General: crafting succes bonus and/or crafting quality bonus maybe 5%

General: skillgain bonus 5%

Combat: large evasion Bonus, medium parry bonus 

Enchantment spell only for cloth and leather: stamina bonus 0-5%

Enchantment spell only for cloth: spell power bonus 0-20

only one enchantment can be applied

Leather

Combat: small weapons and archery hit chance bonus 5%

Combat: small Evasion Bonus, medium parry bonus

Enchantment spell only for cloth and leather: stamina bonus 0-5%

Enchantment spell only for leather: run speed bonus 0-5%

Enchantment spell only for leather: damage vs animals 0-10%

Studden

Combat: small evasion bonus, small parry bonus

Chain

Combat: reduced damage from archery/piercing 5%

Plate

Combat: reduce attack Speed 5%

Drake Leather and Stuff

reduce mitigration a bit as for studden armor bonuses beeing added

Meditation

Add more skills along the meditation path even some passives and reduce the buff amount on the existing skills

Balancing

Either make skills like SOTG a timed ability aswell or make other abilitys a permanent buff aswell.

Mycrelium

New mycrelium tiles. Compared to gras tiles they are laking behind in quality and since they cover a whole server it would be nice to have short, medium and long mycrelium tiles. Maybe more looking like dry grass tiles.

Wool

Allow all clothing items to be made of wool

Milk

Should add some nutrition

Grass

Allow grass tiles to actually spread. On a new server pretty fast all the gras areas become forests. Grass tiles should be able to spread like trees do, so actually some areas without forests remain, would be nice too have.

• Like 3

Grass

Allow grass tiles to actually spread. On a new server pretty fast all the gras areas become forests. Grass tiles should be able to spread like trees do, so actually some areas without forests remain, would be nice too have.

Oh please no, not after I've gone to all this effort to make the forests nice. We already have problems with people clearcutting and not replanting, or at least I remember hearing a lot of complaints about this. Let's not make it worse or backslide to the way things used to be. 

• Like 1

I know it will piss a lot of people off but there is no reason why the path of hate should have a timed ability on its double damage but he path of insanity is just a passive dmg reduction. Making the insanity damage reduction a timed ability would solve all the problems that people have with it.

• Like 2

I know it will piss a lot of people off but there is no reason why the path of hate should have a timed ability on its double damage but he path of insanity is just a passive dmg reduction. Making the insanity damage reduction a timed ability would solve all the problems that people have with it.

How about balance. Hate already has huge early game advantages, with a big damage boost at level 7. Insanity is pointless untill level 11. Each has different strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

the first thing that comesto mind its, pelts an a few other random items dont fit in altars,would be good to see that fixed.

• Like 2

Back a couple years ago, the running depths of boats was changed.

Ever since then my big boats cannot enter my port because the rock is too shallow.

Could you increase the depth we can lower rock with a pick to the deepest running boat?

I found out just a week ago or so that the depth you can surface mine to was changed and now you can mine 26 slope underwater if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if this change was documented or not but I can verify that 26 slope is now the max instead of 14 slope as before the change.

WOGIC:

Allow containers to be loaded into carts, wagons, and ships even when there are items inside of the containers. As it is right now you have to empty the container of all items, load the container into the cart/wagon/ship, and then put the items back into the container. An example of this is coffins where you can put items inside the coffin while it's inside a wagon but you can't load a coffin that has items in it.

Basically, if you can put items into a container while it's inside a cart/wagon/ship/etc. then it should be able to be loaded with items already inside of it.

Also, just thought of another one, all tools made of iron should be able to be made using steel as well.

Edited by Laiwyn
  • Like 2

Make both Silver Altars and Gold Altars movable. Really no reason why not since domains are allowed to overlap. And it's a real pain in the ass when you take the time to design everything perfectly and then the altar drops completely off from where it was supposed to and looks like crap.

• Like 9

No, my main concern has always been around the fact it takes too long for newer pvpers to obtain powers and only partially that sotg is too powerfull comparable to lets say hate.

ps. permanent 50% dmg reduction and hates temporary 50% dmg buff doesnt nullify eachother... and no, its not up for discussion. you just fail at math if you believe this.

I'm trying out epic lately and while I know SotG is a must for PvP, after grinding one account on freedom to 70 Med. I can't go trough the same boring and slow process a second time.

And yes, I know my account will be crippled for ever, and I'm aware of the time some people have put on his/her meditation, yet I think is against the spirit of the epic concept to make a person to expend 2 years grinding a skill to become combat ready.

edit: fixed a mistake.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

I'm trying out epic lately and while I know SotG is a must for PvP, after grinding one account on freedom to 70 Med. I can go trough the same boring and slow process a second time.

And yes, I know my account will be crippled for ever, and I'm aware of the time some people have put on his/her meditation, yet I think is against the spirit of the epic concept to make a person to expend 2 years grinding a skill to become combat ready.

It does not take two years to get SOTG. It takes 3-5 months tops.

Armor diversity and all spells should be able to be put on a keybind

• Like 2

Cotton taking up the same volume as a stone brick.

better detailed patch notes and more info on game mechanics....

How is Patch notes and game mechanics info going to  balance the game?

well you see game knowledge of mechanics and how they work is a massive advantage in the game .. someone might spend weeks crunching numbers and sitting on the test server finding out  how a body decreases damage taken..... or sit there crunching numbers on how Body Strength  increases damage from a weapon. and  body control increases your dodge rate... Or even how having more soul strength gives you greater spell resistance and soul depth increases your spell damage/casts

the question is does any of the above actually do what i just said? well good question... better get on test server and test ^_^

no more of this let the player find out what spells the new priests .. there should be some sort of info on this.. grinding a priest for 3 months to find out the spells on it are bad is not fun.

Patch notes and more info on game mechanics... please

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 1

enlightening someone with high enough meditation shouldnt  be as difficult as it is over level 7

• Like 4