Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

General Balance Discussion

Grape seedlings and Grape sprouts.

Why is it 2 items?

Seedlings are only used for the rarely used purely decorational grape trellies. (and therefor a pretty useless item)

Merge them.

What about ivy seedling then?  Would be weird to require sprouts for one trellis but then require a totally unique item for the other

• Like 1

What about ivy seedling then?  Would be weird to require sprouts for one trellis but then require a totally unique item for the other

Priest saccing issues

Cloth squares need Farming and Cloth tailoring ,

Doorlocks need Mining and Locksmithing,

Yoyos need Farming, woodcutting,Cloth tailoring and Carpentry

Cordage rope you need Farming and Rope Making

Any priest can sac any of the items above for regular favor gains. Double gains for there Priest type and favor item.

But only two priest can sac healing cover componets for favor seems a bit uneven since all you need is high farming to achieve this on the two top priest/priestess

Either change there favor item to one of the harder ones or make it available for all priest/priestess to sac garlic/corn for favor and health regen like libilia

• Like 1

Allow us to pick sprouts from a horse or cart.

Indeed. I can pave with a brick from a cart, but I can't cut a sprout from a tree. If anything, isn't it more difficult to pave mounted than it is to cut a branch?

1.  Corpses cannot be placed into coffins.

Not game breaking, just lol... wogic.

* Tamed, ridden horses should not be attacked by mobs. Make them not able to fight and non attackable while ridden or hitched. Players should still be able to target and attack them.

On pve, players aren't able to target and attack tamed horses. This leads to: mobs attack and kill your tamed horse, but you can't. On the other hand, you never want to kill the horse you're riding, but if untamed (as usual) you can attack it and kill it. This should be the other way around.

* Mob distribution on Xanadu is bugged.

Eh, I like it. It is handy to tell new players to try looking for a place in the south, and I can sail to the north when I wanna take a couple days for hunting. Less bad surprises for both.

* Many rare items do not give any beneficial effects, even though it would be very easy to come up with obvious ideas for what rare would mean to an item.

Indeed, there seem to be a bit too many 'useless' rares, and I don't mean useless resource type of item. And some don't glow.

2. Increase the number of activities that can be performed while riding or commanding cart/wagon/ship.

You can improve leather armor while riding, but you can't eat a meal. There are a lot more activities that you could do, and it would be of huge help with travel times.

• Like 2

Surface mining - My noob alt can surface mine just as effectively as my old toon with 96+ mining and 66 str 90ql 99 woa rare pick. No skill involved just dumb luck. I can chew thru solid rock and make a tunnel but I cannot level 1 slope of rock on the surface in the same amount of time. Totally unbalanced. Make surface mining skill/ tool based.

Moving items from one bulk container to another should not require my inventory space as a go between. Easier transfer of items.

Dirt should drop on a pile on the ground just like rock shards.

Slab corners for roads instead of just cobble?

How about marble brick or slab walls for houses?

How about making the bridles work? I get off my horse and cannot lead him unless I reactivate a rope, bridles don't work.

Make tracking work better, not much difference if any between 1 skill and 70 skill.

Worst of all this thread and many like it have been ignored repeatedly in lou of adding new dragons and other fluff when basics voiced by the community have fallen of deaf ears.

Lets make this the Summer of Bug Slaying and not sweep them under the rug.

Theshawv

• Like 1

+1

Let F2P players do more... much more.  Let them ride, sail big ships, hit 50.  Give them a chance to get totally addicted to wurm, before forcing them to pay up.  F2P vs P2P is very unbalanced right now.  Everyone feels lame when F2P and most quit.  That hurts everyone.

letting ftp do more will hurt the game

it will cause more abuse of alts on PvE and PvP, leave it as is and remove non-prem entirely from Elevation and Chaos

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this was mentioned... but a knarr has more volume/space than a cog? 

A cog should have a larger hull than a knarr and should carry more, but I guess some sort of Wurm Logic got to it.

Edited by Kswords

Mining is just wrong in Wurm.

Why even bother having QL other then for imping or making items  , 

Wen it still takes me 50 hits to brake a poor or Utmost vein.

Amount of hits to brake/open a tile should go by QL of it , poor 30  , utmost 50 something like that.

Being able to dig tunnels into dirt and support it should also be added.

Mining is just wrong in Wurm.

Why even bother having QL other then for imping or making items  , 

Wen it still takes me 50 hits to brake a poor or Utmost vein.