Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

General Balance Discussion

Frying pans should take damage at a much slower rate. As it is now, with a cook house of any size it is a constant hassle to keep them repaired. Even when imped to 50 Ql they damage at a silly rate.

Edited by Jonas
  • Like 1

Probably not a balance issue really but when it comes to resource tile i'd like to see it possible to remove and create things like peat, clay and tar tiles (clay especially) it seems it should be possible considering marsh can be removed by laying floorboards or casting dirt spells once lowering all the corners to rock tundra as far as i know can be made using a vyn spell ice pillar on grass as well as apparently enchanted grass being turned to marsh with this spell which if it does work is hard to achieve (spent some time on this with no success) the ability to make moss and swapping dirt to sand and back again is in comparison really really easy to do but it shows that modifying tile types is possible and yet other types are not possible at all.  

I cant see any real reason for this tbh and there is plenty of places people would love to dredge for ship access for example where even if it was difficult to remove the clay i'm sure they'd go to the effort.

Making it possible to create your own tiles on deed really wouldn't change very much to game play either (well on pvp it may make raids a little harder perhaps but i cant imagine it effecting it too much if we can make and remove other than a little more preparation to remove dirt walls, however making them too hard to remove would give griefers a new toy to play with so the ease of creating the tiles compared to removing should be considered.

Edited by Lordterrabyte
  • Like 3

It'd be nice to be able to create working wells where you want them too, I believe courier used to be possible to cast on fountains and well once and cant see any reason for not reinstating this if it was possible or coming up with a way. I often build around wells for my smithy or kitchens but being able to place them where they are wanted instead would be much better.

Do what you say you will do.

If you are going to reset epic, do it.

If you want Exodus to be a hunting server, do not allow houses, fences, paving, etc. 

People are going to complain no matter what you do.  But more will respect you for following through with what you said was the original plan for a server.

• Like 2

If nahjo priests happened to be nerfed, a nice solution would be to allow conversion without faith loss for nahjo priests for a set amount of time(2 weeks maybe.)

Edited by williamwierd

Nein.  Put it on the /convert list.   I had a priest who had a free convert from years ago and it was nerfed down to only allow her to convert to lib.  Any priest can convert to libila now, what is the bonus there?

Give all priests a free convert to ANY diety.  Don't nerf it after 1, 2, 6, 24, 99 months.

Edited by leaf

Haven't read the whole thread but,

Can we get an increase to the amount a dredge holds?  Or put a larger dredge in the game?

Rethink concrete.  What a pain in the ass to make.  It's 3kg on creation.  Maybe let us get 3 uses out of 1 concrete?

• Like 1

Another piece of wogic: The stern being 120kg while the components only add up to 100kg. Adding the last bit just makes your inventory 20kg heavier.

There are more items like that, but I cannot recall them now.

Well, have you ever tried to putting a horse shoe on a horse while riding it?....it's....difficulty

Well, I'd like to state that taking a horse shoe OFF while riding the horse at 30km/h is harder... but what do I know :D

• Like 1

allow animals to be untamed as an option rather than finding another animal to tame or a person to do the permissions trick or waiting.

• Like 10

fix affinity gain, it currently seems biased toward accounts with more affinities which only snowballs and is bad for newbies fighting next to god-tier accounts (or worse: vets on new accounts vs. noobs with dank shekels)

fix affinity gain, it currently seems biased toward accounts with more affinities which only snowballs and is bad for newbies fighting next to god-tier accounts (or worse: vets on new accounts vs. noobs with dank shekels)

I wish the devs would post the code that dictates who gets rank/karma/affinities.

• Like 2

I wish the devs would post the code that dictates the stuff not told to us in patch notes.

too bad it isn't actually an installed game, if it were we could make tools to extract the source code as players of countless other games do

"but the mystery is the fun of it!" (no it's not)

With the new loot code for dragons dropping hide to everyone in local, perhaps it's time to make it so that drake/scale needs imped by drake/scale - like I believe it is on epic.

With the new loot code for dragons dropping hide to everyone in local, perhaps it's time to make it so that drake/scale needs imped by drake/scale - like I believe it is on epic.

I feel like epic should have drake/scale imped with leather as I posted previously.  It's not the best armor and rarely ever used here

• Like 1

Yeah Right, let's take the armor that costs 300 euro to buy and make it cost 10 euro to get imped.  :rolleyes:

{Heavy Sarcasm}

• Like 1

Go to a dragon hunt > get some hide for FREE > imp it yourself.

Regardless of the cost of your armour, it makes sense to have it imp able with its own type of material instead of using normal leather.  

No sarcasm in my post, must just be more mature.

.0001 hide per hunt is hardly enough to imp anything.

Lets leave the armor sets the way they were when they were purchased please.

I'm guessing you made a lot of money off the sets you sold in the past. "Lots of sets with your sig on them."

You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Daolin'.

Please lets not ruin them for the people that bought them.

• Like 1

Wonder if it makes sense for a wooden canopy to require more mats than a wooden wall?  21 planks vs. 20 planks respectively according to recipes.

Seems like maybe the canopy should be more similar to a wooden roof, maybe a couple wooden beams(the two supports) and ~10 shingles + nails?

Sorry if this is a repeat, saw some other things I was going to mention but there's a lot here!

Dunno if been posted already, but allow tools to be made of steel just like iron ( all of them ) not just a select few.

• Like 4

• It's annoying that you can't put fishing poles anywhere except on the ground or in a cart.

I like to keep spare fishing hooks, but they decay.  It would be nice if they could be stored in a bsb or crate.  

Same with healing covers.  

No way to destroy low quality locks and some other things.  I've had some in the trash bin for months and they don't have a bit of damage.  Also have some hull planks in there that won't go away.

Would like to see some way to lead a tamed animal out of battle.  Sometimes I don't think about the fact that one of my animals is tamed, and I get in a fight not realizing they're going to fight to the death with or without me, and all I can do is look on as they get killed.  They won't be led because they're busy.  Another problem with not being able to get them out of battle, besides simple absent-mindedness on my part (forgetting that they're tamed), is that if you're skill grinding in taming, or especially if a newbie is skill grinding, you might switch from one animal to another in the same pen, like in a horse corral.  Or you may be shoeing your horses or something.  Then there's always a chance that, having one horse tamed, you try to tame another horse, and the new horse attacks you, thus setting off your tamed horse, at which point they fight to the death.  I also have problems breeding aggressive animals, because the new baby is born with the mother, and the baby and the mother will kill each other if one is tamed and the other isn't.  There's always a high chance that, when moving the baby out of the pen (which I have to do if I'm going to use the mother again for breeding, since I'll need to tame her first), that the baby will be killed by the mother in the process.  

An incomplete slate slab is hundreds of kg (more than I can carry), but after adding more ingredients, the completed slate slab is 80kg?  Doesn't make much sense.  

Edited by Lovely_Rita
  • Like 2

.0001 hide per hunt is hardly enough to imp anything.

Lets leave the armor sets the way they were when they were purchased please.

I'm guessing you made a lot of money off the sets you sold in the past. "Lots of sets with your sig on them."

You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Daolin'.

Please lets not ruin them for the people that bought them.

Alot of money? No, alot less than many people have made.

But since I have ground my leatherworking and platesmithing using these armour sets I'd like to think my opinion on them being too easy to imp/train on is worth something.

Even if you only get 0.00001kg of hide per kill, that's still an imping action, with so many people taking 5-6 alts to a slaying I don't see why getting hides together would be a problem.

But the suggestion was about balance, not player profit.

Alot of money? No, alot less than many people have made.

But since I have ground my leatherworking and platesmithing using these armour sets I'd like to think my opinion on them being too easy to imp/train on is worth something.

Even if you only get 0.00001kg of hide per kill, that's still an imping action, with so many people taking 5-6 alts to a slaying I don't see why getting hides together would be a problem.

But the suggestion was about balance, not player profit.

Forcing those with drake and scale sets to keep 5-6 premium alts to all the unique hunts (or having to purchase them) so they can try to keep their sets imp'd is hardly balancing.