Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

General Balance Discussion

Ive seen accounts that hit 70ish meditation in around that time was 7 months. I don't know if they actually were at the meditation level for it, but the skill was definitely there.

Edited by Nicrolis

Ive seen accounts that hit 70ish meditation in around that time was 7 months. I don't know if they actually were at the meditation level for it, but the skill was definitely there.

On epic the skillgain on meditation is based on the curved skill.

So if u have 60 meditation here its actually 84ish. 60-70 takes a long time on epic.

Mycelium without influence nor hots territory should decay about 10+ times faster than what it currently is.
It's been months since we removed the altars that were quickly made before a rite of death cast (and it never had hots territory) and the crap is still all over the place.

in a month of no territory nor lib influence it should have vanished completely.

385b7b980f.png

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 6

Mycelium without influence nor hots territory should decay about 10+ times faster than what it currently is.

It's been months since we removed the altars that were quickly made before a rite of death cast (and it never had hots territory) and the crap is still all over the place.

in a month of no territory nor lib influence it should have vanished completely.

385b7b980f.png

Im surprised cause on chaos MR capped some towers near us and its gone away pretty quickly. little over a month and its about 1/6 tiles is mycelium

Make both Silver Altars and Gold Altars movable. Really no reason why not since domains are allowed to overlap. And it's a real pain in the ass when you take the time to design everything perfectly and then the altar drops completely off from where it was supposed to and looks like crap.

Only for pull / push, not take, load commands, there is a reason they cant be moved.

• Like 1

Allow us to push/pull metal altars (For balance reasons, possibly only restrict this to the tile they're on).

EDIT: Lol just realized someone else posted this. All the better though, this is, and has always been a highly demanded change.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 2

I don't know if it's been mentioned.  But, can we have it so animals that are led automatically noclip through walls so they dont always get stuck?  especially though any type or door or portcullis is bad.

Trying to go through a 1-tile house with a turn while leading an animal is often a lesson in patience/frustration, and off the top of my head cant think of any ways this could be exploited as long as it stays that you can only lead from the tile the animal is on.

And, while we're at it, would be nice to get rid of the glitch where you walk into a mine wall or house wall and you dismount and your horse disappears until you walk 30-40 tiles away or relog.

Edited by Naio
  • Like 1

Bashing stumps takes too long; it's a benefit to the look and item load of the server, why does it have to be a punishment.

Try using a shovel or mining pick... a "digging" tool will "dig out" a stump in one action, usually.  Banging on it with a maul?  Not as effective.  ;)

Btw... WOGIC: shields do not fit in armor stands.  :(

385b7b980f.png

is it possible there is some alters underground ?

Signs desperately need looked at, one major problem is that bashing them deals .01 damage per action so removing unwanted signs pointing to old detours and disbanded deeds becomes a miserable chore.

One thing I suggest is to make signs function like structures, where they take increased damage if the player who originally planted them becomes inactive.

• Like 4

Teleportation should be blocked for 1 min after crossing a server on epic.

Currently this is happening:

Group A meets hostile group B.

Group A cant escape with teleports due to local.

Group A jumps to another server so the enemy isnt there (but group B will arrive shortly since they are chasing), then group A teleports home.

It's a very obvious exploit to get around the whole no-teleport-in-pvp mechanic and needs a fix.

• Like 7

Teleportation should be blocked for 1 min after crossing a server on epic.

Currently this is happening:

Group A meets hostile group B.

Group A cant escape with teleports due to local.

Group A jumps to another server so the enemy isnt there (but group B will arrive shortly since they are chasing), then group A teleports home.

It's a very obvious exploit to get around the whole no-teleport-in-pvp mechanic and needs a fix.

prob even 5min

prob even 5min

I figured if i said 5 someone would complain about it. so i said 1 so that utterely noone (except some really massive coward maybe) would complain and devs could just get it implemented quick.

It's an exploit afterall.

But 1-3 min is sufficent. 5 is overkill.

Edited by Zekezor

This thread is so long now... probably as fun as sorting through the suggestion subforum ;)

Crates - when empty, we should be able to pick them up, just like BSBs and FSBs.  After all, they are smaller and lighter.  This would be a huge improvement for noobie characters that suddenly realize they have no way to move them, other than push push push!

(forgive me if already mentioned in this 14 page thread)

Completely remove any form of rank-gain for home server missions belonging to your own kingdom. (for obvious reasons... its not pvp... at all)

• Like 6

Revert the enchanted grass decaying so much, it was intended so you should't have to replace grass everytime.. 

make wool go to inventory instead of on the ground

• Like 2

Revert the enchanted grass decaying so much, it was intended so you should't have to replace grass everytime..

• Like 1

0.7kg of bread + 0.1kg cheese shouldnt result in a 0.18kg sandwich...

Either change the final products weight or alter the component consumption/weight.

• Like 1

Something I almost forgot to ask for.

Allow us to store Rare/Supreme/Fantastic resource items into Bsb's, Fsb's, and Crates by trading storage ability for the "Rareness". In other words allow us to store those resources and lose the rarity of the resources as a consequence.

Justification: I do not participate in religion any longer in Wurm. Rare items I get I can not Sac and I can't combine them with anything or store them so to me rare resource items are a total pain in the arse. I toss them in the Trash Heap. I would really like to keep these resources by storing them in a mass container even if it losses it's rarity. To me a normal resource is useful, a rare one is not due to it's restrictions.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Priests

Many did ask for priests to be playable independently, so i thought of a way to make them able to live on their own but not be more powerful.

All Priests should be able to do all the basic work. Farming, Taming, Digging, Woodcutting...

Priests should be allowed to use carpentry but not masonry. Building a wodden house seams like something a priest would do, building a castle doesnt seam like priest stuff.

Priests should be allowed to craft priest stuff. clothes, leather armor, tools, small weapons.

Repairing

Repairing something like a housewall that does require items to be added the repaired objects quality should improve 50% what it would when improving it with that item.

For Example: Repairing a ql1 wooden house wall with a ql50 plank should improve the ql of the housewall (50% of improving with the item).

So repairing with high quality material would actually have a positive effect.

Weapons

Would like to see some combat daggers, with reasonable performance.

Deeds

Current deeds can be considered city deeds. But we have many players that just want to build a house.

So maybe housing deeds could be added. Max area is 5x5 and no perimeter. You can't add other Players, just guests. It allows you to respawn and use banking service. Can't be drained but costs upkeep and can be placed inside structures. Can't hire guards but protects from decay. No protection from stealing or bashing walls etc on pvp but protects from others building stuff in the small area. (So noone builds a wall around your door or locks your gate etc.)

PLEASE

make wool go to inventory instead of on the ground

and please make woodscraps go to the ground.  So many things are backwards.  Collecting wool and farming items should go to inventory.   Mining digging and woodcutting would be great to drop to pile.

• Like 1

> whoever thought of rite of spring, land of the dead, and rite of death needs a swift kick in the arse (these three are absolutely ridiculous mechanics that should be severely nerfed or removed)

> sandwiches should be fixed (as Zeke mentioned);

> led animals should clip through walls or at least follow their leader without dropped the lead

> the timers on lock picked gates and doors ticks down twice as fast as it should (ie. 600 seconds is really 300 seconds because the timer ticks down 2 "seconds" per actual second)

> Vynora needs a new double favor item (yoyos suck to make, even if the weights are corrected they still require too many actions)

> shield damage is too high in PvE

> combat gear in general acts like you have 1 repairing skill when you repair it, they need to lose less ql from repairing

> oak / steel shields do not take reduced damage, they should take less damage

> weapons seem to take more damage as of several months ago (was this to normalize damage between weapons and shields instead of reducing shield damage like everyone has asked? do it right please)

> ministuns on Lib spells need to be removed

> combat spells in general should have a minimum cast time of at least 7-8 seconds so they can be interrupted by non-priests (shield bash is 5s + 2-3s to react to casting)

> FB / FA is still superior to RT; balance them

> venom still sucks; buff it

Bell Cot is 120kg when in progress, then after I add all the planks, it's only 30kg?

Always felt that digging dirt and heaps of sand should automatically be dropped to the ground like mining shards and ore does. I'm not shoveling it directly into my pockets and I'll pick up from the pile what I need and continue on once it's on the ground.

• Like 2

Low quality weapons and armor need to be worth using. Currently they are not. I am only on the PVE servers, so my perspective is purely PVE. I learned long ago that wearing QL 20 chainmail and going out with a QL 20 Sword and Shield is like committing suicide on the PVE severs. They do not offer enough to fight with when you have low FS and they encumber you so much that you cannot run away from anything either. Hence you soon die if you go out walking with that stuff on.

On the other hand you buy yourself QL 80 chainmail and a QL 80 Large Axe, and even without enchants, a FS 20 character can fight almost anything from the back of a wagon or on a horse. I've killed hell hounds and lava spiders like that.

The protection and damage needs to not be so vast between QL 1 and QL 99. QL 1 armour should offer at least half the protection that QL 99 armor does, though the QL 1 stuff should of course wear out and become less effective a lot faster.

When I'm a low level smith I want to feel like I am making stuff that can be used rather than junk to be thrown away.