Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Mainly item and structure fixes

Updated title for 90 NS as the old one was not very good.

Added rarity to the items text (and hover text) in mail receive screen.

Tower guards should now be more responsive when spawning.

Corrected some size values for seals that resulted in a larger yield of hides then intended. Should now yield 2x 6kg hides instead of 2x 15kg that it did before.

The fungus spell should no longer be able to spread mycelium to cobblestone tiles, and possibly other unintended types as well.

The valentine flowers should no longer turn into a marble planter when decaying.

Bracers should no longer hide shields when equipped, and will for the time being not be visible at all (the bracers not the shields).

Fixed an issue where the examine message for soup would disappear when splitting the soup into new containers.

Changed it so that Bulk storage bins no longer delete partial items when removing items from it.

Examining a timber framed door under construction should now show the materials needed to finish it.

Plain stone doors should now properly be shown as options when the house you are building requires a door and won’t let you build anything else.

Fixed an old bug where it wasn’t allowed to build upper floors on deed perimeter north and west of a deed when the structure was just outside of the deeds perimeter.

A rope is now part of the newbie toolset.

• Like 11

The bulk bin one is especially nice.

Thanks for the good job you're doing :)

PS: Any information about the downtime of Xanadu?

Edited by Teberon
  • Like 1

Oh god alts gunna be used to lead enemy horses now.

Can the rope thing be taken off PvP servers?

• Like 1

Needed this one for a long time = Thank You  :) 

• Like 1

Needed this one for a long time = Thank You  :) 

Sounds good in a nebulous figure it out and attach your own meaning to it sort of way. Might actually be beneficial, who knows...

=Ayes=

Why? Can't you secure your animals?

"

• A rope is now part of the newbie toolset."

Yee   Haw

53819_childcow_mth.gif

Are these alts  unable to get a rope unless they start with one?  If they have no interaction with  "friendly" players who can give them a dozen  ropes, what are they going to do with these "enemy horses" that they are leading, they are not bringing enemy reinforcement animals (else they could be given ropes for the task) and they are not simply stealing the enemy's horses (else they could simply kill them to prevent them being used), unless stealing horses from the other side is a main method for acquiring them, and people will now roll up alts to steal livestock. I am not arguing and I am all for removing ropes from PvP if it imbalances the gameplay but I am not able to imagine how  ?  I am curious, in a friendly way.

For the freedom islands, I am happy that "true newbies" can now tow a sheep cow bison or pet tamed dog around with them, as it makes it more fun to explore the world without feeling pushed into joining some village their first day. Ropes are not easy when you are so new everything in the game is hard, and growing a field of wemp takes about a week realtime if you include making a secured field and findng seeds. 

Rowboats should also be edited to use either a normal rope or a mooring rope, and let the new player choose to use their starting rope for that if they want. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

Rope but no sickle?

I agree or, how about letting us pick low ql sprouts with shovel and carving knife? Just like butcher it works it just doesn't work as well as it would with a sickle.

Carving not craving.

• Like 4

I agree or, how about letting us pick low ql sprouts with shovel and craving knife? Just like butcher it works it just doesn't work as well as it would with a sickle.

Might also use a rake for reaching those pesky upper branches.

While standing on a cow, of course.

• A rope is now part of the newbie toolset.

Awesome for the newbies!

I don't remember, does the tutorial mention the ability to ride a cow?  Might not be obvious to someone starting out.

Just being able to have a dog is pretty cool though, a pet is part of the experience in many games.  A campfire, pitch darkness, and Fido chillin' out.

Can't you just remove seals instead? You're always saying no to new features that players actually want with the "low texture memory" excuse and the hide weight was the only thing that made them worth having around.

• Like 1

Can't you just remove seals instead? You're always saying no to new features that players actually want with the "low texture memory" excuse and the hide weight was the only thing that made them worth having around.

Yeah seals are pretty much an ultimate pain to capture (hard to tame in water), keep well fed (need fresh fish) and breed (need to tame first). Much easier to raise cows. 

Why have *two* 6kg hides anyway? Is there some scientific reason why seals have two hides? Why not just  one 12kg "thick" hide, if that was the intent all along?

It makes no sense.

• Like 1

Yeah seals are pretty much an ultimate pain to capture (hard to tame in water), keep well fed (need fresh fish) and breed (need to tame first). Much easier to raise cows. 

Why have *two* 6kg hides anyway? Is there some scientific reason why seals have two hides? Why not just  one 12kg "thick" hide, if that was the intent all along?

It makes no sense.

Please notice that this is a game only, not reality (whatever that means). Games do not necessarily have to make any sense whatsoever.

Please notice that this is a game only, not reality (whatever that means). Games do not necessarily have to make any sense whatsoever.

This explains a LOT.

Double-skinned animals make sense if you realize it is just a game. 

(just kidding. p actually, it still doesn't make sense, but at least now I know not to lose any sleep over it!)

:

It makes no sense.

You forgot to mention that they spend the entire pregnancy having the runs and will starve to death if you don't spend your entire day fishing

f2p accounts always been able to use rope

Bracers?

probably bracelets

Edited by Fireflyb

Bracers?

bracelets, if you had a shield on and put a bracelet on, it replaced shield model with the bracelet model, if you then unequiped the bracelet there was no shield model at all, even though you were wearing one Edited by watkins141

Could we please get official GM rulings on Chaos when a certain ban has been lifted? I hate playing the guessing game, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Kinda sucks when the supposed fix is hiding inside a wall of text, lol.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this