Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

Punishlife - your mail

Greetings. One of my alts received a mail from you - CoD rare arrow shaft, 10s. I returned it to you, because this mailing was not meant for me. I bought that alt from someone else. I believe they still use that name in the forums, so I guess you'll have to find out from them which in-game name to mail to. I'm sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2

Obvious phishing scam, Punishlife should be banned for this horrible act on a PVE server.

• Like 1

Obvious phishing scam, Punishlife should be banned for this horrible act on a PVE server.

IDK if you're teasing, but it really was sent to an alt I bought from a person who still plays, so it could have been an accident. Every now and then I get PMs from people who didn't realize the alt was sold. Apparently they lead a much more exciting Wurm life than I do.  :D  But if it was a phishing, why punish only on PVE? I'd hate to see my Wurm inbox look like one of my RL inboxes.

Honestly, can this guy get a harassment warning? He has posted on nearly every recent post of LorraineJ and all negative. He has made multiple threads of intentional griefing and yet he is still allowed to do it? Can this end already?

• Like 16

Honestly, can this guy get a harassment warning? He has posted on nearly every recent post of LorraineJ and all negative. He has made multiple threads of intentional griefing and yet he is still allowed to do it? Can this end already?

He loves me.

• Like 2

Counting down the days until September. :)

Will you wake me up when September ends? What's in September, Keenan? End of vacation? Or the beginning of yours?

I will wait for the popcorn until after the show starts this time. The Mayans scammed me into pre-ordering cataclysm popcorn and then cancelled the show.

Plus we had the Y2K bug scares where everything electronic was supposed to break over being confused from the digits. Party like it's 1999.

• Like 2

:lol:  I knew people who took all their money out of the bank because the computers would lose track of who had what deposited!!

I remember reading about some company I think in China that made all the devs go up in an airplane on New Year's Eve, so literally their lives were on the line if they hadn't fixed the bugs.

• Like 1

BTW, that link made me dizzy. I think my tinfoil hat melted. :lol:

• Like 1

Ahhhhh.... New Years eve of '99. There's not much I can say about that night without violating a few forum rules.  ;) 

Ended up not being the end of the world. My ancient IBM PS2 still ran, allowing me to Wolfenstein whenever I wanted. The only problem it ever gave was that the date was forever incorrect and the computer's calendar was going backwards.

*Mails 10s COD arrow shaft (rare to make it funny) to friend called Coveman who promised to pay my next month premium, Miserably Typoing recipient as Caveman*

*Gets banned for scam attempt*

*Cries!*

</humor>

• Like 1

Mine was a reference of summer ending and the kiddies going back to school. ;) I've been playing MMOs a long time. I remember when our raiding guild used to take summers off, not just to enjoy the nice weather, but to take a break from the shenanigans of youngsters and their free time. :P

• Like 4

Well, you don't need a double ply tinfoil hat to understand that one, Keenan!

PvE skirmishes are getting out of control.

I remember reading about some company I think in China that made all the devs go up in an airplane on New Year's Eve, so literally their lives were on the line if they hadn't fixed the bugs.

The funny thing here is you can land a plane without electronics, for most airliners. People seem to think they will simply fall out of the sky. Helicopters and birds, sure. Planes? Coast baby coast!

Planes don't exist.

Heck we are on Mars with no atmosphere, crazy you...

edit:  (WAY Off Topic....weeee.)

I spent months replacing equipment that was tested and failed at midnight, 1999-2000 roll over.  Nothing happened due to the huge effort of scores of people that updated that equipment.  The code in a PLC might just stop the pump when it fails, or it might cause a pressure spike and blow out a few lines....maybe spill some crude oil...kill some duckies...nobody knew, nobody cared. 

We just replaced everything that had a 2 digit date and had zero problems.

I like clean and happy ducks.

Edited by Onyr
  • Like 3

Ah, it's one of those "must be high to appreciate" websites. 

I don't think there is a high enough to help me with that website!

• Like 1