Sign in to follow this  
Ripsipiirakka

Fix the damn PvE rules!

Aren't you one of those on other threads trolling that one doesn't NEED a deed to play Wurm when we mention it's a bit on the expensive side?   

He doesn't want you to plant a deed so he can kill/take whatever he wants, then hide behind the PVE rules and laugh.

So can anyone give us a TL;DR of whats been going on in this thread? I'd love to read it all but i dont have enough popcorn, have we gotten anywhere with this or is it all still just name calling?

So can anyone give us a TL;DR of whats been going on in this thread? I'd love to read it all but i dont have enough popcorn, have we gotten anywhere with this or is it all still just name calling?

some pvper is recommended to join a pve village to learn, they get bored and kill all the horses because why not, and some setting about attacking citizens is unclear (horses are villagers now I think).

topics about greifing pop up, get drama and flames between pvp and pve mindsets and deed it or loose it.

satirical thread by pvpers get freedomers riled up (including me :/  )

This thread is started, a gripe about greifing (deliberate actions are deemed 'accidents' / not greifing as if someone accidentally fell axe-first into 30 horses)

various situations are examined/ given for examples, crowd goes into flame mode of how its handled on chaos/ deed it or loose it/ you dont own perimeter/ guards suck/ enclosure rules and highway abuse.

basic summary, PVE is on their own to do nothing about toxic players, and epic is laughing. hope that helps.

• Like 6

That was a pretty good summary , ty for saving me going back and trying to read through the last 5 pages or so. 

As always I trust this is being worked on, looked into and eventually  wil improve.

In the meantime  I remain 

Citizen free in Xanadu

Battlepaw you're embarrassing yourself.  Noobs don't even know how to make kindling, much less have an understanding of the Wurm Online deed system!

• Like 2

basic summary, PVE is on their own to do nothing about toxic players, and epic is laughing. hope that helps.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

Battlepaw you're embarrassing yourself.  Noobs don't even know how to make kindling, much less have an understanding of the Wurm Online deed system!

Noone really cares about your experience with newbies, Battlepaw. We have our own and yours isn't representative of newbies as a whole.

• Like 1

Noone really cares about your experience with newbies, Battlepaw. We have our own and yours isn't representative of newbies as a whole.

Edited by Battlepaw

I completely agree. Just yesterday my villagers and I had another player come through our village, bash in the mine door in perimeter, replace it with his own door and then completely deplete the rest of the man-made marble vein we had left as well as steal a bunch of the ores from bsbs in the mine. He did all of this casually while we were online and unable to stop him and the GM's were all afk. Totally knew he was griefing too. That's the kind of ridiculous crap childish people put others through on pve and mostly get away with it.

I'm curious, what's your opinion on people who intentionally trap another player in a public mine. You know, by building a fence at the mine entrance. Griefing or not griefing?

B-b-b-ban em IMO.

:D

Edited by Slickshot

Two problems with your proposition.

1. Breaking into a private mine doesn't make it a public mine. Not to mention breaking into it to grief, that's just plain stupid.

2. Fencing off the entrance to a mine is perfectly legal, and is in no way griefing. If a player is caught in a mine (I recall you doing this to one of my villagers a year or so ago on purpose and wouldn't let him out - but what does hypocrisy matter?) and has no exit, then I can understand the frustration, however having a 2nd mine entrance or exit nullifies this point.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to grief my deed twice in a row, and thankfully you never can again..thanks Enki ;)

The overall point of this wasn't to attack anyone, because if you refer to my first post I didn't name you at all, however you wanted the facts to be known, and now they are. This was only supposed to serve as an example on-topic with the discussion at hand: PvE servers need a way to punish the griefers and thieves.

I asked a simple question that required a simple answer, I shall ask it again and remove the word public.

What's your opinion on people who intentionally trap another player in a mine. You know, by building a fence at the mine entrance. Griefing or not griefing?

here's a pic of what I mean by fencing off in case you want to spin that too.

Griefer3.jpg

And for the record, your villager used the climb feature to go up around a 1x1 gatehouse in front of a mine entrance and then hopped into the mine from the side, then claimed he fell in accidentally. Found his dead corpse in the mine and him as well. That meant he jumped in a second time. All I asked for to let him out was an apology for wasting my time having to sail to the mine to check if all was ok. Was refused an apology until after you called a GM and lied to him about me trapping your villager in. GM agreed with me that the player trapped himself in the mine and I didn't have to let him out, which I still did. Don't blame me.

Edit: PS - my mine was deeded and the veins protected. Something you should learn to do. Off deed veins should not be protected by GMs. Deed your veins or lose them.

Edited by Gumbo

I completely agree. Just yesterday my villagers and I had another player come through our village, bash in the mine door in perimeter, replace it with his own door and then completely deplete the rest of the man-made marble vein we had left as well as steal a bunch of the ores from bsbs in the mine. He did all of this casually while we were online and unable to stop him and the GM's were all afk. Totally knew he was griefing too. That's the kind of ridiculous crap childish people put others through on pve and mostly get away with it.

To be fair... When this kind of thing happens to people like you, it is pretty funny. Also pretty funny seeing the logs of a GM once again showing their power going to their heads and telling someone to get off of an undeeded patch of land because so n so doesn't like it. Totally ridiculous, rename the thread to "fix the damn moderation team"

Cartman & Authoritah Comes to mind.

I asked a simple question that required a simple answer, I shall ask it again and remove the word public.

What's your opinion on people who intentionally trap another player in a mine. You know, by building a fence at the mine entrance. Griefing or not griefing?

here's a pic of what I mean by fencing off in case you want to spin that too.

Griefer3.jpg

And for the record, your villager used the climb feature to go up around a 1x1 gatehouse in front of a mine entrance and then hopped into the mine from the side, then claimed he fell in accidentally. Found his dead corpse in the mine and him as well. That meant he jumped in a second time. All I asked for to let him out was an apology for wasting my time having to sail to the mine to check if all was ok. Was refused an apology until after you called a GM and lied to him about me trapping your villager in. GM agreed with me that the player trapped himself in the mine and I didn't have to let him out, which I still did. Don't blame me.

Edit: PS - my mine was deeded and the veins protected. Something you should learn to do. Off deed veins should not be protected by GMs. Deed your veins or lose them.

Yesterday worked out well in the end.  The GMs did their job, and deemed what you did to be griefing, as it was.  You and I both know you've taken a petty squabble way too far, and now you're paying for it, end of story.  Good job to the GMs on stepping up and making the right call, but I still think there needs to be a way for pve players to punish the griefers and thieves in our environment.

As a whole? So my experience doesn't count and yours does?  You know, I can make you eat your words.

Yeah blah blah I know about your ways of insulting people into making them stop arguing with you. I don't care, a lot of newbies have no idea of what a deed is, what it does or how it works. Nothing you say or rant about is going to change that.

• Like 1

To be fair... When this kind of thing happens to people like you, it is pretty funny. Also pretty funny seeing the logs of a GM once again showing their power going to their heads and telling someone to get off of an undeeded patch of land because so n so doesn't like it. Totally ridiculous, rename the thread to "fix the damn moderation team"

Comes to mind.

Yesterday worked out well in the end.  The GMs did their job, and deemed what you did to be griefing, as it was.  You and I both know you've taken a petty squabble way too far, and now you're paying for it, end of story.  Good job to the GMs on stepping up and making the right call, but I still think there needs to be a way for pve players to punish the griefers and thieves in our environment.

What logs are you speaking of?  Is this something from a previous page I didn't notice?

You're not answering...   lol

is it just me, or is the toxicity and hostility in forums rising steeply recently? Did people get sunburn or something? or is there some disease we should be aware of?:o 

• Like 4

I'm just a nosey git here but... Right call? Gumbo was told to get out of an undeeded mine, where he had been for hours, mining undeeded(unowned) resources. Sorry but what part about that is right? Come into my deed, mine something i don't want mined, guarantee a gm will tell me to deed it or lose it. If what happened was right it'd be done across the board and not made up as they go along.

You deem it as "right" because you wasn't the one on the receiving end of a bs call ;)

Edited by Slickshot

Gumbo was told to get out of an undeeded private mine belonging to a player he previously attempted to grief 2-3 weeks prior and was given a warning previously by GMs to cut the crap.  This same mine holds all of the same resources, if not less, than the mines that Gumbo owns and is no where close to any of his deeds or mines.  Gumbo also sailed from his deed directly to the port south of the mine in question, unloaded his equipment, and headed straight to the mine to bash it in.  If that isn't textbook griefing then you're biased.  Thankfully the GMs aren't biased.  When they give you a warning and tell you to knock it off, it's time to knock it off.  If a person, after being given such a directive, ignores that directive and continues to harass and grief anyway, then they are saying "to hell with the moderators, I'll do what I please!"  That is when it is time to act further or even ban said player.  Plain and simple, that is as textbook as it gets.