Sign in to follow this  
Clatius

The Problem WIth Salt

Is that it doesn't work very well. First off, this is not a suggestion. It's a whine, a moan, a bit*h, a complaint. 

Salt should preserve food for much longer than it does. It begins rotting far too early. Salt is one of the best preservatives on the planet. It was used as money for cryin out loud. It's broken and needs to be made so it's effects last far longer. I get tired of burning up my salt only to see food begin to spoil far too early. It's not like there's salt laying around on the ground to pick up. The stuff takes a lot of work to find. Fix it. It's broken. It's bugged imo.  :angry:

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 10

Salty about salt? but yea +1 buff salt make it make us less salty 

• Like 1

It's also a little silly how you go about obtaining it. I get more salt from praying than I ever did from mining it up. I assume the salt from praying is just distilled tears of the priests that grinded before me.

It would be nice if it was more useful though! At least you can make some nice rugs with it. :)

Edited by Keenan
  • Like 5

Think I posted something like this a long time ago, it does make meals last longer, even though we are still talking a few days.

Its ridiculous to obtain, had two tiles of mining give me salt on Xanadu, one tile from back on celebration.

Its so obscure o don't use it even though I want to. I refresh or sac rares for nutrition. I'm a casual player so rarely do I need to make meals, my refresh takes care of it for me.

+1 broken from intention. Should preserve fish for bsb use, make fishing useful

Salt is iffy on rock tiles... Now if you luck out and find a metal vein with salt?

Whooooo!

Salt is iffy on rock tiles... Now if you luck out and find a metal vein with salt?

Whooooo!

Hey, I like getting my sodium and iron and the same time!

(Or in the case of my deed, lead. There's a reason there are so many Path of Insanity tiles on my deed.)

Edited by LadyCygnet
  • Like 1

Salt does do a good job of preserving bear rugs.

• Like 2

For food preservation, I found salted meals began their decay cycle right away, whereas unsalted meals didn't take any damage ticks for the first 24-48 hours. In other words, my meals decayed MUCH faster when salted than unsalted. That's my personal experience with it, and why I don't use it on food anymore.

For food preservation, I found salted meals began their decay cycle right away, whereas unsalted meals didn't take any damage ticks for the first 24-48 hours. In other words, my meals decayed MUCH faster when salted than unsalted. That's my personal experience with it, and why I don't use it on food anymore.

That sounds worrying.. I'll have to test that out! I personally use mainly source salt for cooking, as I never find enough actual salt mining or praying to keep up with meals for myself and my villager. Crushing a few source crystals usually keeps me going on the salt-front for weeks.

• Like 1