Sign in to follow this  
Tiu

Suggestion on Changes to Chaos server

I’d rather not spam the suggestion forum, so since all of my suggested items here affect Chaos and PMK’s (I cannot speak for Epic in these issues, so I am limiting myself to talking about Chaos and Freedom here), I will have them here as a package of changes that I believe should be looked into for the Chaos server moving forwards.

Wild/Chaos is an old server, the oldest in the game. Some would be happy enough to either wipe it clean or even have an entirely new map. I believe this is a short-sighted view which does not take into account the broader history of the server and the game in general. Balance is not a static thing, sometimes it can take a year or more for a problem to become apparent. The creation of the kingdom system, changes to the kingdom system and the introduction of PMK’s over the years have included changes meant to improve Chaos. Resetting the map will not change what actually needs changed, it will simply wipe away the lessons of the past and fail to address other core issues.

So, that all being said, here is in my eyes some of the main things that needs to change in regards to Chaos and possibly PMK’s in general.

1. Replace MR/JK/HotS templates with a Blacklight one and Whitelight one. Upon founding (or conversion in case of existing kingdoms), you would pick your light and your patron God(s) from that light (possibly two, to allow a better mix of champs).​
  2. Kingdom deed cap: 10-15 max, possibly the higher number available through an upgrade from Kingdom to Empire status. Intended result would be to help make deed warfare less likely and more considered than currently.
  3. Reinstate alliances between WL-WL and BL-BL alongside smaller kingdom sizes.
  4. Full member list for the Chief, ability to kick offline and off server players (similar to village screen maybe) and possibly even whom they were invited by.
  5. Ability to change Chief title upon founding and at coronation.
  6. New Kingdom title: Chat moderator, with associated powers within Kingdom/Alliance channels, but not village.
  7. Add a loyalty variable to towers, similar to alignment. Any tower beyond around 200-300 tiles from a deed would begin to slowly lose loyalty until reaching 0. At this point it would switch to no-known-kingdom status, with no influence and attacking anyone. The intended result here would be to make territory more of a fluid thing away from permanent settlements, while still allowing a kingdom to hold their core territories.
  8. Change Chaos’ name back to Wild. The change seemed contrived, trying to bury an ugly past. Chaos as a name is worse in fact, with its connotations of entropy and decay. Wild, somewhat chaotic but fun at the same time is what the server should feel like to play on, it should reflect that in its name once again. (okay this first one is mainly a personal preference, I admit it.)
  9. Change the Freedom cluster server arrangement to give Chaos more prominence while allowing free travel around it.

On the last issue, I believe it would integrate Chaos better into the Freedom community and make PvP an easier option for anyone interested. The old kingdom templates (if not completely wiped) could be used to bring attention to the server on Freedom and showcase certain features. The below image is one method of doing this and would include GV being repurposed as a Blacklight server and a tutorial island being constructed on Xanadu. All of the templates would be locked in an alliance with freedom kingdom and each other, ensuring the continuity of peace outside Chaos.

xa0jhBQ.png

• Like 1

I dont care about the pvp stuff but -1 to the map arrangement anyway  

Putting gamechanging pvp stuff, utility pvp stuff (kingdom chat mod) and an overhaul of freedom in one post surely is a great idea...

Edited by asdf

I would like to see better arrangement of the freedom cluster but if that makes freedom servers limited to certain kingdoms then no.

-1 to like everything except kicking offline players, opening up west border of chaos would fix some map issues, but wtf is that map

-1 to the needless limitations and pretty much everything except the obvious 'who would downvote this' stuff like kicking people offline.

why would anyone ever limit the amount of stuff you could do for no reason, what if a grocery store told you 'you can only buy 2 bags of things' that'd be rather unsmart 

Templates, meh

Deed cap, yes

Alliances - no cosy alliances

Member list, I like mystery so no

Title changing, ye

These hoes ain't Loyal, nah

Name change, doesn't change anything

really

Cluster rearrangement yes but not in that manner.

As a side note, putting an overall cap on a kingdom's player base is more useful than blocking deed sperg. It would create a scenario where overextended kingdom's would inevitably lose deeds. In this case I could see more of a use to being able to kick individuals from kingdoms and the inherent drama posts of "why you maek kick, return my woodscraps " would be glorious. As it stands, between 2 of my personal deeds I can recruit about 400 players. It feels somewhat optimistic as imo kingdom cap should be around 100. But hey that's my opinion

Awful. Couldn't be a more bias suggestion if you tried.

Edited by Redd