Sign in to follow this  
Annyil

Innkeeper and bartender

My suggestion is that there should be innkeepers and bartenders in inns and pubs, to make the world more alive. Merchants right now are too expensive to be used as dwellers of the land, to achieve a more lively feel in pubs, inns, towns, etc.

I think that there should be 3-4 types of them, they could be cheaper than merchants and that they could be packed like merchants, but only with cheap items, and they could only take 5-10 items of a kind (they could take several types). They could sell items like wine, meals, cakes, water, cutlery and so on. I know that this could be used to preserve edibles, but they could be made, so the items in them take damage, only slowly.

With this addition visiting pubs and inns would be good, beacuse you could buy items and not just sleep. This way these places could be more interesting.

Edited by Annyil
  • Like 3

+1 as long as they can only be used to sell food/drink and maybe sleep powder.

Anything else, get a merchant and put it beside.

Would need to greatly reduce decay of food while on a bartender, however not completely.

Also, the form to place one shouldn't be more than a couple of silver.

Edited by Outlaw

Not sure how feasible this suggestion is but even having more options on looks for the merchants would for sure be nice anyway.

I do already use the merchants as decoration and storage but i would be open for more looks over just the male or female versions we have now. Maybe even if you can just dress them with armor or clothing since we have all the new clothing coming out that might help and not take that much effort.  

Either way more options is always good so +1

Edited by Kegan

even if the current bar tenders were made accessible to players after the 24 hours timer. (for a charge obviously.)

i'd use it!.

definately purchasable bartenders, maybe use the current ones from the spawns, but allow us to place them and the proceedes go to the placer's bank or upkeep

Edited by JDBooker

I like current bartenders, but they would look funny in an inn or pub. :)

I actually like this idea. It would provide another spending option at a trader and could possibly generate a little more money for Rolf. From a business standpoint, this make sense and provides a practical item for the purchaser.

+1

A good idea and would give additional life to a town - I have seen great bars and inns here and there but all are quite barren without anyone behind the counter.

A merchant used as a bartender looks odd in an inn anyway ...

+1, I've seen lots and lots of Inns all over Wurm, and hope to finish my own one day. Bartenders and innkeeper(even as Kegan said, just a different look) would be fantastic and help with immersion.

And a doctor/surgeon to cure wounds and sell medical stuff, for a charge...

+1

or for a cheaper option, pop a practise doll behind your bar ;)

It is nice idea, but the practice doll can't serve the guests :D

+1  It has been my dream to establish "The Lurking Naga"  A lovely roadside Tavern/ Pub where the travelling hunter could stop by for a bit of refreshment or just a nice place to stay for the night.  This would be a grand addition.

• Like 1