Sign in to follow this  
Vox

Words of advice to new players before I quit.

Vox, dude. You need to chill out. Just move to another server. Xan has lots of room. You'll bust a vein if you keep it up. At least you didn't spend months building before your paranoid buddies went all ballistic. ;)

I feel sorry for theria.

I'm normally the first one to mock the plight of the CA's, CM's and GM's... but that pastebin is what hell looks like. Theria handled it like a champ, and deserves recognition for exemplary work.

Gee how friendly to say all that to a newer player interloper, you dont even know the whole story, you know pcs of it not all of it. Your the kind of player in this game that the community doesn't need i wish would just leave. Your condescending and arrogant.

The community is very much in the wrong when it accuses a newer player of being a banned player without PROOF. Even after he has made a personal phone call to reveal his voice that in fact he not the same person he is being accused of being in the first place, the community ignores it and still continues the witch hunt. Burn him at the stake regardless of who he is, is the concept accepted. The standards for new players to prove they are new players has just been raised highly!

The shame and name has gotten way out of hand. I guess every new player that joins this game can look forward to this kind of treatment here on out.

I guess wurm is not needing new players. I guess the ingame economy is fixed and everyone doing well. I guess we have a surplus of players now therefor older immature players can chaise new players away with there acting like trolls towards newbies.

Week and half ago i witness an idiot in GL Freedom tell a new player he should just quit now while he ahead and have a real social life when the new player asked what he should first do after being spawned.  This kind of behavior is hurting the game. these kinds of immature acts are destroying this game and the community as a whole. But who cares right? Let wurm burn is the attitude im seeing as of lately!

There are better ways to handle this issue, and you're the one who decided to make it public without anything substantial to back up your hefty accusatory claims. A conversation with a third party CM doesn't count as proof.

At this point, your violently reactive responses are alienating yourself from the community, I would recommend taking a minute to read out loud everything that you've typed before posting it. If what you wrote sounds mean, angry, or aggressive - delete it, and try again. Keep doing this until you hear yourself being polite, inquisitive, and calm. You'll get more supportive responses from the community with that tone.

• Like 1

hm... :/ I'm feeling sorry for you vox, obviously you have problems with communicating your issue (are you english native speaker?) the way I could read your GM chatlog, it looked like you didn't even mention the ACTUAL reason why you are so upset, which is, that you were being harrassed by other players for no reason.

I can not tell who is right or who is wrong, which story is true or not, but I can tell, that it would be wrong to judge someone, just because their english skills aren't that good or because I would have an "assumption!" that it's someone I know(which i dont)...him being a newbie should not make him less trustworthy than any other player. 

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

I'm normally the first one to mock the plight of the CA's, CM's and GM's... but that pastebin is what hell looks like. Theria handled it like a champ, and deserves recognition for exemplary work.

There are better ways to handle this issue, and you're the one who decided to make it public without anything substantial to back up your hefty accusatory claims. A conversation with a third party CM doesn't count as proof.

At this point, your violently reactive responses are alienating yourself from the community, I would recommend taking a minute to read out loud everything that you've typed before posting it. If what you wrote sounds mean, angry, or aggressive - delete it, and try again. Keep doing this until you hear yourself being polite, inquisitive, and calm. You'll get more supportive responses from the community with that tone.

I stand by what i had to say about this matter. I have personally spoke with the player vox on the telephone and he is not Kamal and i stand on that point regardless whether you or anyone else agree with it or not from your group or any other group and special interest to the matter. I know what kamal sounds like i know what vox sounds like the two are not one in the same and that's the end of the story. Have you spoken personally to vox on the telephone? Have you spoke to kamal on teamspeak? Do you know what the two sound like? If not then really its a mute point. I could care less if i alienate myself anywhere! I have always spoken my mind and always will and i will not be told by you or anyone else what i can or cannot comment on for a subject matter especially when i know absolutely what im talking about is factual in the proof stated above. I feel sad for some you that think that a witch hunt is a good thing to bring to the community even though the game overall is suffering in a loss of player base. That's what this is, a witch hunt! For those that are wrong on this matter i hope you can live with yourselves for being so immature on the issue. If your gonna play the shame and name game publicly don't cry when your called out on this one. For everyone you who accused this guy of being someone he is not I plan to shame and name you within the confines of the rules even though i hate the shame and name policy i plan for the first time to use it on this issue. i plan to teach you a valuable lesson on falsely accusing people and how your actions have consequences. I doubt the player vox after this is all done over with will stick around he has promised to stick it out till the end of the investigation with the gms looking into this mess. But those you who have acted like trolls and demonized this guy over someone he is not. Well there a price to pay for that. This community always been harsh one. I look forward to seeing how it unfolds. Good luck to you, your gonna need it in the end.

At this point I don't even care if he or is not the player of suspicion. I do not know about the previous issue and I have nothing to say on it. My issue is that vox is acting childish and immature in that conversation log. If he wants to be taken seriously you have to act reasonably, not threaten to start kosing everyone. Hes acting like a snobby brat thats had his toys taken from him.

Yes its a shitty situation but thats no reason to be acting like this. I have no respect for people that try to bully staff members especially when Theria was really trying to be helpful. If vox has truly been wronged then how do two wrongs make a right? Your post is also not helping the situation and threatening to get back at everyone sounds a little vengeful, but mostly stupid. It's interesting that you accuse me of being toxic whereas you are ready and willing to try and start a massive flamewar over an issue that probably should've been kept private from the start. Making this issue public is only going to make it harder to get to the facts.

I really don't care what some keyboard warrior has to say. I have seen my fair share of supposed innocent victims be debunked as thieves and liars by those with actual knowledge of the situation. For all I know vox could have, and probably did, antagonize the situation to where it is now. It seems like vox is too innocent in his story, and his behavior towards that CM leads me to believe he is at least partially at fault. Regardless, the GM's will decide this and not some forum posts.

• Like 1

"My issue is that vox is acting childish and immature in that conversation log. If he wants to be taken seriously you have to act reasonably, not threaten to start kosing everyone. Hes acting like a snobby brat thats had his toys taken from him."

I agree that on that on that first support ticket I acted wrong. I lost what I thought were friends and 15s; and was reacting. Sorry.

That is why I disbanded and didnt kos anyone. I was piss off that I lost 15 silver; which i still claim they planned. I gave them notice that if there was chance of drama I would deed elsewhere. I was assured it would pass. Then, after deeding, i was kicked and kos.

If it was not for a specific few I would have just quit.

-----

After finding this is a bigger issue, I made it public. Only one from that ally spoke up, then they hid.

This thread is not for me. It is for standing up for what is right.

Vox.

Edited by Vox

I think its hilarious that there are those that come and bash down a newer player just because "HE" was wronged and wants some justice for it. It is sad that people think its up to him to remove himself from the situation and find someplace elsewhere to live. shame on him for wanting to play the game near other players. Didn't he know he was going to be harassed for trying to play the game? Wurm love at its best.

Some advice on the IP issue, get an IP scrambler. Once you get that your IP address can be changed at a click of a button.

Don't quit get even :) .

"Some advice on the IP issue, get an IP scrambler. Once you get that your IP address can be changed at a click of a button."

I had to do that because of Nomads attacks on my ip.

But,  using it makes me look suspicious. 

Lose/Lose situation.

And, I would rather my personal life, credit, and locale kept private.

I already made a call and got in deep water with my wife for that -

is that call not enough?
Vox.

Edited by Vox

At this point I don't even care if he or is not the player of suspicion. I do not know about the previous issue and I have nothing to say on it. My issue is that vox is acting childish and immature in that conversation log. If he wants to be taken seriously you have to act reasonably, not threaten to start kosing everyone. Hes acting like a snobby brat thats had his toys taken from him.

Yes its a shitty situation but thats no reason to be acting like this. I have no respect for people that try to bully staff members especially when Theria was really trying to be helpful. If vox has truly been wronged then how do two wrongs make a right? Your post is also not helping the situation and threatening to get back at everyone sounds a little vengeful, but mostly stupid. It's interesting that you accuse me of being toxic whereas you are ready and willing to try and start a massive flamewar over an issue that probably should've been kept private from the start. Making this issue public is only going to make it harder to get to the facts.

I really don't care what some keyboard warrior has to say. I have seen my fair share of supposed innocent victims be debunked as thieves and liars by those with actual knowledge of the situation. For all I know vox could have, and probably did, antagonize the situation to where it is now. It seems like vox is too innocent in his story, and his behavior towards that CM leads me to believe he is at least partially at fault. Regardless, the GM's will decide this and not some forum posts.

Unless the head GM or rolf himself says i can not shame and name those who have falsely accused this player of being a banned player, then yes i plan to proceed to teach a lesson to those that have acted childish in this issue only after i have confirmation that in fact those who have accused him are in the wrong. You want to say that this staff member that Vox talked with was being treated poorly by vox, that's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one. I have seen my self in the last month or two some wurm staff members who have behaved childish and unprofessional but we wont go there because this issue not about wurm staff it's about the community labeling vox as someone he is not. Try and stay on point and topic will you. It was not a private issue to start with when they are name and shaming him in the freedom chats for all to see and accusing him as being a banned player that he is not. That's a public chat so how is that considered a private issue? You don't know the facts, you don't know the story. You don't even know what your talking about. You don't like the way vox talked to a staff member im sorry but your not a moderator and you don't have the right to tell someone how they should conduct themselves with the staff of wurm. That's left up to the staff of wurm to deal with not you. That's why wurm has chat moderators and a staff in the first place. If they feel he conducted himself wrongly they will deal with him not you and not I. It always amazing to see people like yourself come on to the forum and spout off about what they know nothing about! You know nothing about this issue. Troll some other topic because your clearly don't have a clue what your talking about. The topic of this thread is that he quitting based on how he was treated as a new player being accused of being a banned player that he was not. Stay on topic. That's what this issue about.

[21:05:12] <Enki> Todya however while I was looking at it, you are connecting to us from that Person's known associated connections
[21:05:21] <Vox> did you ban me?
[21:05:32] <Enki> yes I did, jsut beore Piperlane caught my attention
[21:05:37] <Vox> i had to use proxy
[21:05:50] <Vox> i gave ( I meant *got*) attack by Nomad
[21:06:11] <Vox> i cant log on using normal connection
[21:06:27] <Enki> I  cannot doubt that possibility, but your IP cannot be obtained from Wurm Online to any player

He got my ip from you or ally site.

Now, I can connect again - until Nomad decides to spam my ip again.
Vox.
Edited by Vox

I wont name people out of courtesy, but I am getting outflow of PMs offering to help.

This is one that is example of most:
"sorry to hear, but you can start again with good people,The game is well made and fun in the right place,you should give xanadu a try, its amazing.. I was griefed by some, made an alliance of all the good people of xanadu, now we work together as a team and enjoy the game for what it is....I have 16 deeds in my alliance all over the map....come over we will help u get settled"

Vox.

New_Unsleep,

Being banned because of paranoia; yes i am quitting after I feel this is resolved.

Vox.

Vox why are you posting all this? This between you, the party you believe to be harassing you and the GMs. Where's your "advice to new players"? This is literally just a drama thread which should really be locked/deleted. There's no debate to be had here what so ever.

• Like 6

Zundy,

I was not even thinking about making a post until (very) many said I should.

Thanks for your input.

Vox.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for theria.

my toughts exactly.. woah.. nice job for the CM.

• Like 2

Gee how friendly to say all that to a newer player interloper, you dont even know the whole story, you know pcs of it not all of it. Your the kind of player in this game that the community doesn't need i wish would just leave. Your condescending and arrogant.

The community is very much in the wrong when it accuses a newer player of being a banned player without PROOF. Even after he has made a personal phone call to reveal his voice that in fact he not the same person he is being accused of being in the first place, the community ignores it and still continues the witch hunt. Burn him at the stake regardless of who he is, is the concept accepted. The standards for new players to prove they are new players has just been raised highly!

The shame and name has gotten way out of hand. I guess every new player that joins this game can look forward to this kind of treatment here on out.

I guess wurm is not needing new players. I guess the ingame economy is fixed and everyone doing well. I guess we have a surplus of players now therefor older immature players can chaise new players away with there acting like trolls towards newbies.

Week and half ago i witness an idiot in GL Freedom tell a new player he should just quit now while he ahead and have a real social life when the new player asked what he should first do after being spawned.  This kind of behavior is hurting the game. these kinds of immature acts are destroying this game and the community as a whole. But who cares right? Let wurm burn is the attitude im seeing as of lately!

This player will be proven beyond a doubt that he (A) is a banned player or (b ) he is not. First off its foolish to think there no way to prove it, im here to tell you all there is! The accused player has purchased in game coin and thus paid with a valid payment method that has his real name on it. The banned player has also paid for premium time and silver and thus paid with a payment method. When the two are crossed checked and its proven the two are different people then what will the people say that have falsely accused this player? I mean you don't think they are going to keep the player if in fact he is banned, no of course not! Gms will ban him again if he is in fact he is the same person.When it's proven he not the same person the witch hunt will not stop because the immature few who have kept this fueled and going  for a long time now and will continue to keep it going. It will continue because some people who say they are adults in this game act like children and do not know how to accept the truth even when it's given to them.  Paranoid delusion has taken it's toll on some folks and this is very sad. I do not believe in the shame and name rule. I will not name and shame these idiots who have kept this issue fueled and going. They know who they are. They know what they are doing. They know they are in the wrong. When it's proven they are in the wrong they will take there smug little attitudes and pretend that they can do no wrong and make up what ever excuse they can dig out the darkest hole they can find and use that to go off of. Immature and disrespectful but these select few will do just that in the end. Sad day for wurm. Every new player coming into the game will be name and shamed or looked upon  as a suspect as to who they really are. This is suppose to be a game not real life. Sad some can't tell the difference. In a game your suppose to have fun and get along and play nice. It's not playing nice when you go around accusing newer players of being banned players without proof. Who gives you the right to do that is my question?

Why cannot people KoS someone they want? Because they are new? How did they get him banned? They had a new ally who dropped 22x22 deed (no idea how he list 15s) and KoS when they discovered he might be someone they have had drama before. They even told him why he was KoS and that he was KoS-ed? I really don´t see how this would be a problem. Maybe a move but nothing this dramatic. About the name and shame - Vox opened this thread, not them. How did they do the name and shame? It seems to me that you might be angry at something else and found an outlet for in this thread. And that is toxic

FYI i am not part of Celebration, no deed there, no affiliation with any sides of the converstation, but just cannot understand why some people make a drama out of everything. You get Kos and don´t get along with your neighbours - move on. And after reading the CM support ticket.. woah.. i think they dodge a bullet by putting you on their KoS.

• Like 2

Wulfgarr,

There are to many flaws to address here. 

PM me if you want the total list and discussion.

Until then, I see you no more than a troll.

Vox.

Wulfgarr,

There are to many flaws to address here. 

PM me if you want the total list and discussion.

Until then, I see you no more than a troll.

Vox.

This is your right. I stand by my opinion. Take one of the offers to start over :)

"Take one of the offers to start over"

That was my direction before being alerted, by many, this should be solved.

Good luck and take care,

Vox.

@Vox, can you please explain what kind of IP attacks were done on you that you were not able to log in anymore ? Did you use a proxy afterwards and got banned for it ? Can you talk with your ISP and confirm that you had such an attack on your IP ?

Wow, I was really impressed with Theria too :P

• Like 2

Vox why are you posting all this? This between you, the party you believe to be harassing you and the GMs. Where's your "advice to new players"? This is literally just a drama thread which should really be locked/deleted. There's no debate to be had here what so ever.

I thought you guys liked freedoms drama you were all stoked about the skirmish post till it was locked. 

Edited by Kegan

I thought you guys liked freedoms drama you were all stoked about the skirmish post till it was locked. 

At least the skirmish topic had some action. This is just moaning and raging at eachother in chat.