Sign in to follow this  
Kayin

Strange device Dispel/ Re-cast

Attempted to: Improve Courier cast on Strange Device

What happened:  Dispelled courier cast successfully and then could not re-cast courier spell on Strange device [04:17:25] The spell will not work on that.

Steps to reproduce:  Non-caster player places turret by water tile.  Courier spell cast [25], Dispel cast on Courier successfully, wait 5 minutes, attempt to re-cast Courier.

Steps to try and fix:

1.  Player traded strange device to me.  Attempted to drop/pick-up/drop and recast ... nothing

2.  Picked item back up, dropped on ground.  Attempted to dispel again (with no current cast on) and recast Courier... nothing

3.  Attempted to move the Strange device 15 tiles and drop and cast Courier.... nothing

4.  Same as attempt 3 only attempted to dispel and then cast courier... nothing

5.  Re-attempted step 3 on this time tried blessing before dispelling .. nothing

If have any other questions lemme know.

• Like 1

Can confirm that this happens for all four turret types.

Logically it looks like a flag is set when the initial courier cast is made to turn the device into a turret to block any attempts at improving the cast.

When the dispel is cast that flag is not removed stopping you from applying a new cast.

If this behaviour is not meant then the flag should be removed.

If this behaviour is meant then the dispelled strange device should be renamed to spent strange device.

Is there a currently undiscovered mechanism to reset a spent device? that would explain the process so far.

Bump for confirmation request

1, After dispel we can re-cast courier on a de-activated strange device

2, After dispel we can not re-cast courier on a de-activated strange device

Not asking for the fix, asking for a statement as to whether a fix is required or not.

The issue has been brought to the attention of the Devs, but I have no further information as to if it's a bug or intended.

The part where you cannot recast after dispelling is a bug. The cause of this bug is known, but for rather technical details it will not be fixed until after the permissions update. Once permissions go live, this bug should get fixed soon afterwards.

Recasting without dispelling... I'm not entirely sure if it's unintended or not, so I'll have to ask Rolf to confirm.

In case you are wondering why the difference matters: dispelling is useful if you want to try to get a different element for your turret (like getting rid of the water spirits and getting fire spirits instead). I'm not really sure if the power matters.

• Like 2

The part where you cannot recast after dispelling is a bug. The cause of this bug is known, but for rather technical details it will not be fixed until after the permissions update. Once permissions go live, this bug should get fixed soon afterwards.

Recasting without dispelling... I'm not entirely sure if it's unintended or not, so I'll have to ask Rolf to confirm.

In case you are wondering why the difference matters: dispelling is useful if you want to try to get a different element for your turret (like getting rid of the water spirits and getting fire spirits instead). I'm not really sure if the power matters.

Thanks,

This allows me to solidify my plans and I look forwards to when its all resolved.

Still exists sadly. Have five odd turrets that have been dispelled, I cant put courier back on.

Edited by Klaa

So permissions are in more or less, any update on the status of the turret dispel and recast bug?

Also are any currently dispelled turrets useless now? Trying to decide whether to keep or junk the ones I have.

Good timing I was going to bump this with something close to verbatim

edit:

quick test and dispelled ones still can't be cast on.

Edited by Gaeron
  • Like 1