Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Red Vendetta Thieves Guild: Coming to a deed near you!

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lockpicking

Lockpicking is strictly prohibited unless you have ownership of the container/gate you're lock picking, IE a chest on your deed or a gate on your deed.

Lockpicking abandoned chests that do not belong to you is still a 

bannable offense.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lockpicking

Lockpicking is strictly prohibited unless you have ownership of the container/gate you're lock picking, IE a chest on your deed or a gate on your deed.

Lockpicking abandoned chests that do not belong to you is still a 

bannable offense.

Thanks for the heads up.

Check your policies again, new ruling states that any action done to cause intentional damage or loss IS griefing and/or harassment.

Good luck.

<- Outlaw

<- Red bandana

I'll sell you my account if you're serious about this venture.

10c/Forum post.

• Like 2

I personally find this highly intelligent. Using the rules to manipulate the rules and prod the holes that have yet to be plugged. This venture is an incredible undertaking and will consist of hours upon hours of reputable actions to help the GMs and Devs see where the strengths and weaknesses of the freedom cluster are. I fully support this endeavor and encourage you to tread with a heavy foot and a huge maul in your journeys.

Now that the inflamed ego has been stroked and you are ready to set out on your path I must say: Thank you for the public service announcement to all of freedom. I hope that by treading with a heavy foot and a huge maul it will make you easier to locate with the ban hammer.

By the way per our prior conversations where you have asked me to write my farewells I will now encourage you to do the same. I would love to see how you would write your own epitaph for the occasion when the ban hammer does fall on your head.

In layman's terms, since you appear to be a simple person, thanks for announcing your griefing endeavors which will surely get you punished. Please go ahead and tell us all bye before you lose the ability to do so.

Good day to you sir.

• Like 1

I think the funniest thing about this is how he's actually stating what he's doing. He's not hiding it at all. Anyone can now point to this thread as evidence of intentional griefing (and yes, it is griefing what you've stated you'll do. Some of it at least).

Thanks for the laugh at least, good luck in your endeavors as you walk through the landmines....

• Like 1

Blatantly selling contracted griefing...?

Right...

Right a greifing guild. Oh yeah this will hold over well with the community and most importantly the GM's and Devs. I have one thing to ask....Can I be the one the bring down the ban hammer?? I would really like to see another toxic person/player in the community come down. I hate people like you....thinking that they are god and can do what ever the hell that they want.

Good luck in your griefing adventures.

• Like 2

I feel like many of you commenting are missing The major point he is trying to make by doing this...

There are many areas with old abandoned places which can be turned back into forest. This also goes for very large used pieces of land that are not deeded, it's not his fault if said players choose not to deed, the devs made up that new play style, and just seems many still have not learned to love with it.

Many of you just assume it's going to be strictly for I'll intent against other players, but he did not mention any specific person, he mentioned he will be deforesting and removing of unwanted roads and left out wagons and horses and items which clutter the land. If you do your part to make sure all your things are secured then you have nothing to worry about. If you have any 1 tile roads, might be the time to do the work and make it permanent by making it a 2 lane.

I have had many villages in freedom and I as well have been what you would call griefed in the past, but I was not willing to put in the time nor did ibwant to pay more to make my deed bigger, so other than my neighbor being a POS I didn't cry about it.

Now with that said, if he targets a player and that said player makes sure all his stuff is secured and this guys group consistently continues to dig the perimeter for no reason at all, then that will consist of griefing and a ban will then be warranted, but let's see what he does first, hack I think if he plays it right he could actually help solve problems.

• Like 3

Now with that said, if he targets a player and that said player makes sure all his stuff is secured and this guys group consistently continues to dig the perimeter for no reason at all, then that will consist of griefing and a ban will then be warranted, but let's see what he does first, hack I think if he plays it right he could actually help solve problems.

He's targeting players....

Do you have a pesky neighbor? Got scammed in a trade? We offer contract work for your revenge. Contact me here.

I see that statement as him targeting griefers not your average player.

Right a greifing guild. Oh yeah this will hold over well with the community and most importantly the GM's and Devs. I have one thing to ask....Can I be the one the bring down the ban hammer?? I would really like to see another toxic person/player in the community come down. I hate people like you....thinking that they are god and can do what ever the hell that they want.

Good luck in your griefing adventures.

"What: Our operations will be completely within game policy, we are not griefers. Operations will include, stealing carts, wagons, boats, horses, items that can be picked up on and off deeds, destroying one tile roads, creating landfills, deforestation, mining, and digging in perimeter, beaching boats, placing doors on mine entrances,  etc."

Technically, I don't think any of that is considered griefing, unless they continually harass someone.

'Stealing' a single cart from someone isn't griefing, however 'stealing' a cart every day would be.

Kind of like how pushing someone once isn't bullying, but pushing them every day is.

Most of the rest of it isn't even questionable behavior don't think. 'Ruining' the landscape and destroying non-deeded fences/roads isn't against the rules at all. (Unless it's a highway)

• Like 2

I did not see any mention of a single target but a whole target for all of freedom. There is much he can do legally before it's considered griefing.

I had my access road completely removed by a player in which before he expanded his deed I remade the road, then he expanded and removed it again, a gm then told me I need to either go around the long way or that I could mine through the mountian in his perimeter and open a tunnel entrace on the bottom side if I wanted, but he might just deed over that as well. Long story short this is just one of these types of instances, and moral is gms cannot just ban people when they are somewhat following the rules, regardless of how pissed I was.

• Like 1

I did not see any mention of a single target but a whole target for all of freedom. There is much he can do legally before it's considered griefing.

I had my access road completely removed by a player in which before he expanded his deed I remade the road, then he expanded and removed it again, a gm then told me I need to either go around the long way or that I could mine through the mountian in his perimeter and open a tunnel entrace on the bottom side if I wanted, but he might just deed over that as well. Long story short this is just one of these types of instances, and moral is gms cannot just ban people when they are somewhat following the rules, regardless of how pissed I was.

What I was referring to was this: there may not be a target now, but he is putting himself for hire so that there would be a specific target in the future, thus my quote from his original post.

I see that statement as him targeting griefers not your average player.

Doesn't really state griefers specifically though. It's pretty out in the open for just about anyone and subject to individual interpretation.

Edited by Lotus1

Cant wait to watch my alt (Caveman) be KoS'd on thousands of deeds that he'll never go to ...seeing that he's a deedholder alt and never leaves his deed :)

• Like 3

Cant wait to watch my alt (Caveman) be KoS'd on thousands of deeds that he'll never go to ...seeing that he's a deedholder alt and never leaves his deed :)

Lol, poor Caveman. May he fare well in his seclusion. I do find this ironically funny.

And you're ok with having your in-game alt's reputation potentially tarnished by someone acting like a high school freshman flexing his new hormones? 

I know that buying characters is *at your own risk* but I think I'd have a problem with this.  lol

• Like 2

the name on the forum bear no relation to the toons you have. care should be taken with assuming they are.

and as anyone who is interested has read that the two Caveman's are not the same, no worries.

I've had bought toons banned for mistaken association before. ...part of the risk.

• Like 1

Why would you ruin the game like much did before?

You can instead of a thieving guild be a normal group of people warning people or repairing/imping everybody carts or stuff ondeed/off deed. You currently sound like people now a days inreal.

Lets make the game improve don't make it worse.

1. U get skill.

2. U get a reputation.

3. U don't have to put the most stupid post of all times on the forums.

i have a different view point on this,i think its a great to try to force to gms to really act against people "griefing" while following all the rules,the more people do it and talk abut it,more likely is it that it will be fixed.

This kind of drama is only adding to the already raging toxic fire in our community and this needs to stop or the game will tear itself apart eventually. There is no justification here, how about rather then greifing people and damaging you reputation, why not do something good and productive? I hear impalongs and community events are a thing. The lack of community is a big reason why we have pvp vs pve issues or theft. Show some incentive to help improve it.

But what do I know I'm a freedumb right?

• Like 3