Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Path Of Nature

A new meditation path that focuses on the natural world.  It's just another option and adds some useful skills for breeders and foresters.

Tile Locations : Occour at high altitudes in areas with lots of trees and flowers.

Powers:

Level 4: Natures Bounty

Usable once per day, turns a single foraged berry (lingonberry or blueberry, not strawberries) into an enchanted berry (when eaten heals a random light wound (will have no effect on medium or worse wounds) and gives an increase in nutrition (+10)).  Enchanted berries decay at the same rate as normal berries.

Level 7: Befriend

Usable once per day, increases a creature's loyalty by 10, can be used on any tamable creature.

Level 9: Ancient Gift

Transforms an overgrown tree into an "ancient" tree which has a larger model and kills any trees surrounding it (does not extend the killzone of willows and oaks, gives other trees a 3x3 killzone).  Ancient trees cease aging.  When rested near by someone on the path of nature healing rate is slightly increased (same effect as a power 1 healing cover when within 1 tile, does not stack if near several such trees), give double wood when cut.  Usable once every 3 days.

Level 11: Natures' Pact

Wolves, Bears, Mountain Lions, Wild Cats, Crocodiles and Rats will be considered neutral.

Level 12 and 13 same as other paths.

• Like 11

Level 11 seems to overlap with Fo Priest bonuses.

Yes, it appears to, but not everyone wants to partake in priest content, especially with all the restrictions of priests. This allows regular characters to have something in nature area without going priest of Fo ( Fo is cool, not dissing Fo)

I don't do Meditation because none of the current Paths interested me, but this suggestion for a nature based Path DOES. That's something.

+1 and more.

Edited by geode

It does a little, but it doesn't quite cover as much.  I suppose if it stacked with fo it could make them friendly and protect you but that might be a bit op, every bear in the area converging on the one troll that went for you.

It does a little, but it doesn't quite cover as much.  I suppose if it stacked with fo it could make them friendly and protect you but that might be a bit op, every bear in the area converging on the one troll that went for you.

i think it is fine, mag bonus and hate bonus dont stack, i like the 11th one but maybe adjust lvl 4

I guess +1, everything seems useless other than the level 11 though, not that thats any different than any other path 

Also with 'Path of Love' level 9.

"Gained at level 9

Love Effect turns all aggressive mobs (including uniques) in your local to 'friendly status' with green highlight, so you can walk past them without being attacked. The ability does not work in PvP (tamed/dominated pets). If you are fighting an animal and use this ability while sticking around, you will auto-attack back, which makes it continue fighting. Backing off and no-targeting should fix it. Usable once every 18 hours.

The effect covers your local area (80 tiles in all directions) and it lasts for 3 minutes."

[From Wiki]

I am all for either a new path or making the old ones more useful or interesting, but this is too much like Path of Love we already have; actually this is even less useful.

I love the idea of a nature path, but I would make it a path for ranger type characters.

Here are some random thoughts:

Tile location: must be a tile with a tree

swift feet:

when in open nature (not on road/in house) you get a small speed bonus.

Rest:

When in open nature (not on road/in house) you can use the nature to calm yourself and recover your strength. Heals a minor wound, usable once per day.

Sense direction:
Attune your senses to your surroundings. Tells you the direction that you are facing. Usable once per hour.

Hunter's footsteps:
Hide your traces for the next 15 minutes. Usable once per day.

I like the Nature's Pact power too though :)

• Like 2

To be honest, I don't really see how a Path of Nature is much different than the Path of Love seeing how Path of Love gives nature stuff like enchanted grass already.

If a new path is to be made, perhaps something different than what's already been made would be better. Perhaps one to do with building, kind of like how Vynora loves paving.

Edited by Lotus1

Always for more paths; though, as stated already, the OP is pretty similar to Fo priests and Love path already.

Edited by Klaa

I love the idea of a nature path, but I would make it a path for ranger type characters.

Here are some random thoughts:

Tile location: must be a tile with a tree

swift feet:

when in open nature (not on road/in house) you get a small speed bonus.

Rest:

When in open nature (not on road/in house) you can use the nature to calm yourself and recover your strength. Heals a minor wound, usable once per day.

Sense direction:

Attune your senses to your surroundings. Tells you the direction that you are facing. Usable once per hour.

Hunter's footsteps:

Hide your traces for the next 15 minutes. Usable once per day.

I like the Nature's Pact power too though :)

I like this too. Perhaps this would be a better way to go so that the new Path don't step into other Paths and into Fo area too much. I personally would like to see a Nature Path and I don't think Love should be it... Love Path should deal more with People and a Nature Path should deal with the environment and creatures in it, thus the two should be dissimilar. Right now Love Path seems to be trying to cover too much area. (in my opinion).

Edited by geode

+1, well thought out, would be an interesting path to introduce and use.

Right now, each path is basically associated with one of the original gods, with Insanity as an outlier:

• Love/Fo
  • Knowledge/Vynora
  • Power/Magranon
  • Hate/Libila

This isn't bad or anything, but I feel like if meditation gets a significant overhaul in the near future (and I hope it does), more path choices would be really neat in general.

not a bad idea for a "support" path, fits in well on Freedom servers. But I am worried it mirrors the benefits of Fo priests as of right now.