Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

Achievement: Cavalier Skills

Description:

After 80 new skill points you may become a Cavalier!

Rarity:

Silver

How to Unlock:

Gain 80 skill points across any number of skills.

Posting here as I have to go and cook supper

Also need to enter the land of an enemy kingdom (at least if my memories do not fail me). Gaining 80 skill points only did not grant the achievement to my fresh alt.

Becoming Hunted removes Cavalier and replaces it with Fallen Cavalier.

(I haven't found a way yet to regain Cavalier after being changed to Fallen Cavalier [09:44:28] Your title is now Fallen Cavalier.)

Edited by Evening

On challenge when cavalier was introduced there were 3 achievements cavalier skills (80 skill points), cavalier kills (kill 10 types of aggressive creatures), and I can't remember the name of the last but it was for entering enemy lands. When you get hunted status you become a fallen cavalier and to regain cavalier you simply have to gain another 80 skill points.

On challenge when cavalier was introduced there were 3 achievements cavalier skills (80 skill points), cavalier kills (kill 10 types of aggressive creatures), and I can't remember the name of the last but it was for entering enemy lands. When you get hunted status you become a fallen cavalier and to regain cavalier you simply have to gain another 80 skill points.

I gained way more than 80 skill points since then, didn't revert it to Cavalier, also killed all sort of bad critters, could require another trip to "enemy land", but isn't going to be me the one testing it :)

I accidentally costed my wife her Cavalier title by being an idiot while she was training her catapult skill and trying to catch the coins she was using, so I can see if she'll test the ability to regain it. If so, I'd also like to see if you are able to keep Fallen Cavalier as well, for all of the title hounds out there.

Cavalier has been on the page here: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Titles for a little while now. As for putting it on the Achievements list, I do want to test unlocking it as I'm unsure if it was tested already. The last I knew, it required  80 skill points, killing 10 aggressive creatures, AND entering enemy lands. I just want to verify that it only requires 80 skill points now. It wasn't a choice of the three on Challenge, but it was hardly noticed due to the skill gain bump there. I do know it required all three for Keenan to obtain it on Chaos shortly after it was introduced. 

So this means it is only for PVP servers?

It means you would have to venture for a brief moment onto Chaos. You only have to enter an enemy domain, which you can do via boat in relative safety. Despite some of the tales, Chaos doesn't usually see roaming boarder patrols. If you PM me in-game or here, I can give you more advice on how to do it safely. Though, that is what I'd like to test. Has anyone achieved this on Freedom without having ever gone to Chaos? 

On Keenan, I have:

Cavalier: You're taking things seriously.

Cavalier Kills: After 10 serious creature kills you may become a Cavalier!

Cavalier Skills: After 80 new skill points you may become a Cavalier!

Enemy Lands: You entered enemy lands. You are on the path to Cavalier!

A note: It's new, whole skill points that it counts. Not just skill ticks. Serious creatures seems to mean aggressive creatures. It should also be mentioned that this was added specifically for Challenge. It just happened to hit the live servers as well, but has absolutely no rewards for obtaining on the live servers except to count for a title.

If anyone has the Cavalier title, look in your Achievements Window and see what your counters are for the ones I've listed above. If you don't have Enemy Lands, then we can confirm that it can be obtained on PvE.

I have Cavalier Skills 2, and Cavalier Kills 1 strictly on PvE, Xanadu only. No Enemy Lands.

Although it doesn't look like I have any sort of Cavalier title.

Edited by Araninke

I have Cavalier Skills 2, and Cavalier Kills 1 strictly on PvE, Xanadu only. No Enemy Lands.

Although it doesn't look like I have any sort of Cavalier title.

Aye, my post was purely for the achievement - no title is involved for this. Cavalier as a title would be something else entirely.