Sign in to follow this  
Lowthron

An added permission box disallowing villager from alliance

I used to let passing new players join my village to give them temporary sanction and a place to spawn. With todays level of griefing that is no longer an option.  I can easily protect my deed from them but bringing them in also opens any allies to them.  A setting that prohibited them from having ally rights, set to default off would solve that.

• Like 7

They can just set a role for your village and have all options off.

• Like 2

I used to let passing new players join my village to give them temporary sanction and a place to spawn. With todays level of griefing that is no longer an option.  I can easily protect my deed from them but bringing them in also opens any allies to them.  A setting that prohibited them from having ally rights, set to default off would solve that.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I would like to see the setting/tickbox which the op suggests, +1 - if it is put in the roles so that you can make a special group of your villagers (or even one single one with his/her own role in the row of roles) to not have ally-rights (would be a lot less useful if it would be one of those 'blanket'-options though where you have to choose all villagers or none to get ally-rights)

Edited by Kianga

You want to decide permissions of other peoples deeds? Jesus these control freaks.

• Like 2

It would give the freedom to take newer or unknown villagers into your deed, without risking a whole alliance being hurt (or, as the alternative consequence to keep the alliance safe: without having to withdraw from your alliance as whole village). Right now the best and often chosen option to offset this danger is: don't take in new villagers, period. So such a change would make villages more welcoming again. Nothing 'control-freaky' about that imo

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 3

To clarify, this would be a permission box just like digging on the deed form. With proper roles assigned this would stop ones own villagers from being able to access ally mates deeds, and this for sure is something that is needed as shown by how many want nothing to do with new villagers anymore, many of whom used to welcome them.  Will it fix everything, no, a mayor still might assign roles wrong or forget, but it would certainly make a difference as most mayors are ocd enough to get it right when it comes to protecting friends, and its certainly better than having to kick out, or full restrict a good ally mate because he takes in a visitor, or having to leave an alliance because you take in one, and lets face it allies are not safe if villagers are added.

Brash everything you suggested does work, the problem is every time you take in a visitor you would have to type everything you typed above and show it to them, and even then as new players they will often get it wrong, 1 checkbox would eliminate the need for that, while still offering an added layer of protection, it would be no more complicated or fail any less often than what we are going to get, scary as that might be. 

For those that don't understand,, I create roles and assign each villager to them, such as, alts-all permissions, veteran villager-most permissions and ally on, trusted villager less permissions and ally off, new villager-minimum permissions and ally off, villager-no permissions and ally off, this role is the default and is for visitors giving them only the token to spawn at and the use of the confined guesthouse.  This has nothing to do with a deed owner having any control over ally mates settings

• Like 1

Kinda like this idea, Maybe a "free " box too so u can allow passing travellers to take free junk like meals (for when your hfc grinding)

or dirt etc, and have it on boarder of deed so the bsb itself don't take damage.

• Like 1

+1 such simple checkbox could solve so much troubles of these days

Maybe the checkbox could be called probationary member  and by default excludes everything except token / respawn access, and is not considered an official member of the alliance until promoted to a regular citizenship level. 

• Like 1