Sign in to follow this  
Onyr

Private message blink and ding

It would be neat to have an option to turn on a ding sound for an unanswered private message.  It's sad to be focused intently on your crafting, only to realize your friend needed help, or someone was saying Hi.

• Like 5

+1

Yes please, around 80% of the time I miss messages people send me. Have the blink only for private messages and have the blinking stop once the private message has been opened at least once.

as a work around for now,you coul use the wurmassistant to set a sound if they dont do this.

as a work around for now,you coul use the wurmassistant to set a sound if they dont do this.

I've used WA for a long time and make use of the sound alerts in many ways and have yet to figure out how to do that.

I've used WA for a long time and make use of the sound alerts in many ways and have yet to figure out how to do that.

set this as the trigger "<" and set the sound to work on pm tabs,that way it sounds on every message.

but yeah would be nice to have a better way to do it in the client.

A sound added wouldn't help me, as I play with them off and also leave unchecked to never download the updates. May be a few strangers in a strange land that do the same.

The continual blinking until opened would seem a good idea though. Then for spammer types, it should not blink again once looked at and the tab not closed.

=Ayes=

The next client will have an option in the Sounds tab to enable a sound notification when you receive a PM (it is disabled by default).

Extra info: This sound will only play if the PM tab isn't already blinking. This means if someone messages you 3 times without you opening the tab, there will only be one sound notification on the first message. It won't make a sound notification if you already have the PM tab open.

It's also not affected by all those work/emote/ambient/etc sound toggles and volumes. The sound is currently the same as the sound you get from the Book of Wisdom notification (that little thing for newer players that gives you information about the game as you play) and the actual sound will change to something else later.

• Like 3