Sign in to follow this  
Steeloxide

Time for a break.

After posting this in a separate thread I figured I would post it here aswell:

I will be taking a break pretty soon for these reasons:

1. Summer.
Its busy time of year and hot as hell, much harder to find the time and energy to play a video game for hours.

2. Developers.
Wont be much development for the next few months, after the devs get back from their giant month long swedish holiday, They then have to figure out what the heck they are going to do next aswell as make good on the bug fixing promises. I suspect much chaos.

3. Players.
Probably due to the heat but I find myself being more frustrated and angry with people when normally I wouldn't be. Rather than allow my bad mood to burn bridges and make people dislike me, Ill just take a break. :)

So on that note, Good luck to you all and I will see you this winter

• Like 3

I definitely understand the heat. It is a big cause of my husband and I getting road rage. Much like in Wurm when people get forum rage or many other types of rage. A game is just a game and will always be a game. I hope you have a lot of fun and exciting stories when you come back. Talk to you later hun.

If I'm still around when ya come back, I'll once again welcome you as my neighbor.

Hopefully I didn't say anything that lead up to this...

If I'm gone, feel free to pillage my stuff that you can access to your heart's content. ;)

If I'm still around when ya come back, I'll once again welcome you as my neighbor.

Hopefully I didn't say anything that lead up to this...

If I'm gone, feel free to pillage my stuff that you can access to your heart's content. ;)

No not you at all. :)

Same goes for my deed, dont let all my crap go to waste if it pops hah!

Still like 200 days + though, so I should be back before then.

Edited by Steeloxide

Giant month long holiday? In europe this is common, dont use america as the standard here lol

• Like 3

Giant month long holiday? In europe this is common, dont use america as the standard here lol

Much of Western Europe at least, take fairly long Summer holidays, so I'm not surprised CodeClub want one too...that's just how it works here.

Kids get 2-3 month long Summer holidays from school here. Just 'tradition' from when children used to help their parents harvest crops etc. Also, we get pretty crappy weather most of the year, so people like to enjoy it while it is 'warm'.

Pretty much everyone takes a break from Wurm at some point though. It'll be fun again when you come back :)

After posting this in a separate thread I figured I would post it here aswell:

Really? Realllllly? You're so important that your short little break from Wurm needs two 'I'm going to be gone a little while don't miss me too much hee hee xoxo' threads? I know people don't follow the forum section guidelines very often, but this is town square: General wurm-related discussion goes here, like discussing movement speed on tar or figuring out what the latest client update did.

Hmm? Im not using America as a standard, its fact based on study.

Before you denounce me you should maybe do some fact checking.

Source:

http://www.thelocal.se/20090731/21032

So yes, it is a giant holiday.

snip

*sarcasm* Awwe, I'm sorry I angered you with my blatant misuse of the general forums. *sarcasm* :rolleyes:

Honestly though this is the correct subforum for this thread. If it was not it would have been moved by our hard working forum moderators.

As for why your so angered by this thread, I'm guessing my opinions in other threads have made it so you don't like me so are now lashing out at me here.

To that I have only one word: Tolerance.

Edited by Steeloxide

"All workers have a statutory right to at least 5.6 weeks paid annual leave, which is 28 days paid holiday if you work five days a week."

^ For where I live, so 33 is hardly 'streets ahead' as that post would have you believe.

That isn't including things such as 'bank' holidays and other days off that many employers give throughout the year. You can extend that, as many people do, with unpaid holidays also.

I just looked up the US annual leave figures...you guys really get screwed lol. Legally, employers don't have to give any annual leave...and those that do, get an average of 12 days a year. Well that sucks.

Edited by Outlaw

I hear the beer is good in Germany. Take care, Steel. 

Since no one said it, "I haz your stuffz?" LOL (Just kidding)

Nobody cares that you are leaving and this pointless thread should be locked and forgotten. If everybody made a new thread when they quit it would fill the forums with more pointless threads than we already have. I'm not sure if you're posting this from arrogance of self importance or loneliness looking for some sort of attention.

I care. But then, I'm a nobody. So I guess you are right. Nobody cares.

Most of what is posted in these forums is pointless and most of that is posted out of self-importance. Remove that along with these kinds of threads and all you got left is bug reports, many of which are pointless.

• Like 2

I am more than happy to watch your deed for you :ph34r:

Hehe, enjoy your time off.

Edited by Klaa

You and I don't always see eye to eye, but if all people did we would probably just stand and stare each other all day.

O.O

creepy.

You apparently don't live too far from me, so as a neighbor I wish you a good summer vacation. May Life treat you, and you treat yourself, well. :)

Edited by geode

Enjoy the break, Come back refreshed and ready for more fun :)

I think it is a great post , recognizing when it is time to step back and not being afraid to admit it is a wonderful.

Nobody cares that you are leaving and this pointless thread should be locked and forgotten. If everybody made a new thread when they quit it would fill the forums with more pointless threads than we already have. I'm not sure if you're posting this from arrogance of self importance or loneliness looking for some sort of attention.

Actually I like the fact that he gave notice. This game builds a community feel after a while and you get to know people. When they are just randomly gone a long time it makes you worry and also we watch to make sure no one is griefing while they are away. Your post is the one that is pointless, it seems that you posted only for the purpose of your post count. If you have nothing that was kind or with purpose then just ignore the thread and move on.... save your harassment for another game. It appears only that you are part of the problem not the solution when you do this.

As for the OP if you need anything in game while away just send me a pm and I can see what I can do.

• Like 3

Actually I like the fact that he gave notice. This game builds a community feel after a while and you get to know people. When they are just randomly gone a long time it makes you worry and also we watch to make sure no one is griefing while they are away. Your post is the one that is pointless, it seems that you posted only for the purpose of your post count. If you have nothing that was kind or with purpose then just ignore the thread and move on.... save your harassment for another game. It appears only that you are part of the problem not the solution when you do this.

As for the OP if you need anything in game while away just send me a pm and I can see what I can do.

I look forward to your farewell post.

• Like 1

Oh, come now. He's just showing the potential and newly come players a side of Wurm that is not negative, like the complaining some of us do, and that the community is a warm and open one willing to make your experience here fun and captivating in the hopes that you stay and support the game. </sarcasm>

• Like 1

I look forward to your farewell post.

You might want to go ahead and get your post count up then, it's going to be a while hun.