Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Altar Placement (Supression)

Currently it is impossible to place an alter in the domain of an opposing god, even gods of the same alignment.

This can be a bit of a pain if there is a strong domain of another god nearby.

Thus I propose that players be allowed to construct wooden and stone altars in opposing domains but with a caveate.  The altars, when completed, become "suppressed" (they generate no domain (PvP) or a 1 tile domain (PvE)) and can only be unsupressed if bless is cast on them when no opposing domain is present.

This would allow those of us who need strong domains for our magic to avoid inconveniencing our neighbours.

Optional Extra : Allow altars on PvE servers to be moved about freely (and planted), becoming suppressed when moved in the domain of another god.

• Like 1

Wrong you can it's called gold/silver altars get them blessed by the right priest. However I wouldn't mind if they removed the restriction though for stone/wood altars, its kind of silly.

• Like 1

I like the difference between the metal and wood/stone altars, this sort of already exists as you describe it.  Not quite what you put here, but your end goal of being able to get an altar placed in a different domain already exists in game.  IMO this is nothing I would want dev time put forward on.

• Like 1

Altar wars on pve is stupid. On our own deeds, we should be able to place and move any altar and be ablt to choose what domain is in play.