Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

8 New Lategame Crafting Recipies

Well, models excist, might aswell use em.

Horned Helmet (Greathelm functionality, 90 Platesmithing):
1.87kg steel/ada/glimmer lump + Large anvil --> Unfinished Horned Helmet + 2 horns --> 1.7kg Horned Helmet

8b7c6e38fa.png

Plumbed Helmet (Open Helmet Functionality, 90 Platesmithing):
1.21 steel/ada/glimmer lump + large anvil ---> Unfinished Plumbed Helmet + Tail + 3 cochineal ---> 1.1kg Plumbed Helmet

helm2.png

Drake Hide Mask (face protection... and yes this means this combined with a drake cap works like a basinet/great helm, 90 Leatherworking):
0.11 green/black/white drake hide + needle ---> 0.1kg Drake Hide Mask

fe1UKOR.png

Owl Mask (face protection, 90 Leatherworking):
0.11 leather + needle ---> 0.1kg Owl Mask

7b66c7572f.png

Silver Mask (face protection, 90 Jewelrysmithing):
0.66kg silver lump + large anvil ---> 0.6kg Silver Mask

c48b64458e.png

Clay Mask (face protection, 90 pottery):
0.1kg clay + hands ---> unfinished mask + heat ---> unfinished clay mask + branch ---> 0.1kg Clay Mask

e6cce97cbf.png

Pale Mask (face protection, 90 Stonecutting, 90 jewelrysmithing):
0.55 marble shard + Chisel (stonecutting) ---> 0.5kg unfinished pale mask + 0.10kg gold lump (jewelrysmithing) --> 0.6kg Pale Mask

sUWa4th.png

Wolf Greathelm (Greathelm functionality, 90 Platesmithing):

1.87kg steel/ada/glimmer lump + large anvil --> unfinished Wolf Greathelm + black wolf rug ---> 1.7kg Wolf Greathelm

928b047f9f.png

inb4 hate from people who bought challenge rewards from others and wanna be unique.

edit:

the ones that were rewards from the challange should be made fantastic

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 11

Zeke go live on freedom please.

• Like 1

+1 for variety

Isn't there a helmet with a bear's or wulf's head on top of it too?

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

Zeke go live on freedom please.

Shush :P

leave my white horses, marble pillars and flowers alone. :[

Edited by Zekezor

What about cavalier helms, who doesn't want a wolf hat that actually protects like a great helm

and of course -1 because I have some and want them to be unique

---Edit---

If the challenge reward ones were made fantastic and impable then +1 otherwise those of us who worked for our challenge rewards get nothing. 

Edited by Webba

Isn't there a helmet with a bear's or wulf's head on top of it too?

Ye there is.

Cavalier Helmet. Couldn't find a pic of it. (the helm with a wolf head) -- Added it.

and then there is the ravager mask. Couldn't find a pic of that either.

Edited by Zekezor

qcxUYZr.png

Cavalier helm

Edited by Webba

• Like 5

I'd never use ada/glimmer for an open face helmet.

I'm pretty certain the Roman Republic (epic pmk) would be very interested in the plumbed helmet. (combo it with one of the face protection options)

Same with valhalla descendants (another epic pmk) regarding the horned helmet.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

What about cavalier helms, who doesn't want a wolf hat that actually protects like a great helm

and of course -1 because I have some and want them to be unique

And there it is.... [10:49:57] <Zekezor> inb4 hate from challenge mask buyers

• Like 1

Well NONE of these are priest craftable...  I mean non-priests already have so much cool stuff...  Wow the world would be quite different if I were a *palm*-bag like that.

+1 to this lovely idea using already existing ingame resources.

I think most of these are Challenge rewards, so probably wouldn't become a crafted item by everyone. I would enjoy seeing different versions of these items that you could craft - a snowy owl mask for instance.

I think most of these are Challenge rewards, so probably wouldn't become a crafted item by everyone. I would enjoy seeing different versions of these items that you could craft - a snowy owl mask for instance.

They are all challenge rewards, but that doesnt mean i care about that fact. Most of the actual winners of challenge sold their challenge reward codes instead of keeping them. I rather let the public enjoy new content rather than 1 or 2 individuals who paid money to a challenge winner.

and I think this would be a perfect compromise:

Wurm Isn't a game with 2000 diffrent item models like most mmorpgs.

PVP wise there is the greathelm or the basinet helmet. Nothing else gets used by the general population of pvpers. Mainly due to lack of face protections.

The devs couldn't even bother retexturing the glimmer/adamantine armour except the helmets despite that they are very common on the battlefield.

Wurm is in need of more wearable things and customisation and it already has models ready to use.

Not using them is a great waste of the little resources that wurm has at its disposal.

Edited by Zekezor

+1 Where is the Winnie the Pooh mask?  :(

Edited by Clatius

Shush :P

leave my white horses, marble pillars and flowers alone. :[

muh garden gnomes

mUH CANOPY BEDS

Sorry -1

People who have these items myself included either earned them or paid a ton for them, why should people get the same unique masks/helmets? This is like asking for drake or scale but I'm to cheap to buy it so I'll make a suggestion asking that they be crafted with normal leather? Sorry if I'm am sounding rude here but just wait for challenge to be reintroduced maybe or ask for other models/items instead?

Who had the dumb idea to make helmet variety into a rare event pvp reward?

• Like 2

Sorry -1

People who have these items myself included either earned them or paid a ton for them, why should people get the same unique masks/helmets? This is like asking for drake or scale but I'm to cheap to buy it so I'll make a suggestion asking that they be crafted with normal leather? Sorry if I'm am sounding rude here but just wait for challenge to be reintroduced maybe or ask for other models/items instead?

Most people with challenge rewards just threw their wallet at someone, I don't feel they "earned it" in the slightest.

If the rewards were bound to the account that won them, then id have full understanding of wanting to keep them the way they are, but thats not the case. People trade them left and right.

But as a compromise that is mentioned in the thread, the current holders of the rewards would be getting a fantastic versions.

I'd be asking for other models/items if it wasnt for the fact i know wurm is limited on resources.

But these models are already done, implemented and live. It would take a days work at most code wise to get them fully integrated as the OP suggests.

We don't even got bloody glimmer/ada sets yet (and that would just be a blue/golden reskinned plate set... its like no effort), despite being so common on the epic cluster and despite the excistance of suggestion threads for them.

So I'm gonna go by the assumption that there is very limited art dev time.

sidenote: there is no dragons to kill in the case of these items (remember how freedom whined about unique resets?... that got implemented.). You gotta spends months on a really shitty edition of wurm and completely stop playing on the real servers to earn the rewards.

• Like 3

90 actual or curved for epic

Actual. Like all the other item-creation skill limitations ingame.

• Like 1

I dont think they should be fantastic since it would give unfair advantage in pvp. Better would be to rename them and give the old items a unique name.