Sign in to follow this  
Araninke

Horse Prices

So what is the current going price for horses on Xanadu? 10 copper per speed?

That's what I do. I would say that it depends on the amount of traits though. 

Edited by Yldrania

Meaning extra, non-speed, traits? How do those affect price? 

I'm just getting started but have some 2 speeds I could sell. 20 copper is a fair price for them?

Thanks for the help!

Meaning extra, non-speed, traits? How do those affect price? 

I'm just getting started but have some 2 speeds I could sell. 20 copper is a fair price for them?

Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure if you would get many customers for 2 speeders. Either new players or players who have just moved to Xan from another server possibly. Due to the time spent traveling most otential buyers would have to be very local to you.

You can always try though and reduce prices until it either isn't worth your time or you start getting buyers.

Edited by Outlaw

I don't let any other traits except for the relevant ones influence the price. Meaning if someone wants a speeder, no other traits the animal has count towards the price. 

For anything lower than 4-speeders, I'd go down in price.

I sell 5 speed plus three extra trait horses for 75c each and they sell pretty well. I've never had any interest in less than 5 though.

There's not many folks in the area so I'm not sure how good business would be, at least at first. I am in the process of setting up a public market there as well. Don't really want to kill off all my 2 and 3 speeds just because, so will probably try it and see what happens.

Like on all PvE servers prices for horses drop to bottom after a while. Reason is simply that many people breed horses and very few people need to buy horses. On PvP servers horses get killed in combat, on PvE servers that's a rare event.

As a wild guess I'd reckon that there are currently 5 times as many 5-speed horses on Xanadu than there are active players. 

Already down to 50c? Ah well, it was inevitable, I guess.

WTS 5 speed bison, unicorns, and hell horses. WTB better breeding and taming system.