Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

What does your server mean to you?

Dear Wurmians!

The Wurmpedia team is looking for your opinions on the character and landscape of your chosen servers. What is it like to live and travel there? How has life changed since the hands of Rolf finished crafting the fjords and mountains?

We are interested in what made you settle on that server and what keeps you there, not the general mechanics of Wurm. For those, you can always post in the Suggestions forum. Instead, talk about your server specifically. Is it the landscape? The people? Do you enjoy a large desert full of creatures to hunt, or majestic mountains?

Remember to indicate what server you are describing and feel free to post! This is open to anyone, from any server.

• Like 2

Elevation:  Killing people. 

Just a 50/50 chance between elevation and chaos when i chose it

I just like Indy's community. What I don't like about it is the lack of mobs.

As for the terrain, I think Indy is pretty damn awesome, with only maybe Xan (and chaos?) getting close to it. This means that after N years of human activity you can still find virgin land - in very harsh terrain of course. There's lots of sights to see, things that people built and mined (hi Ping) over the years.

And, compared to Deli or Xan, very little griefers/thieves.

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

Hey guys & gals,

We're really interested in hearing stories and descriptions of your server and why you play there, however anything deemed off-topic and irrelevant will be removed per the Wurmpedia forum section rules, so please bear that in mind when responding.

Thanks!

Marni

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117450-wurmpedia-wiki-maintenance-rules/

Edited by bwg

Independence, because Rolf ate a sandwich and decided to introduce PvP to one of the good maps and later wipe it.

• Like 4

Serenity, I chose it because it sounded peaceful, I couldn't have been more wrong :P

What keeps me around? I suppose it would have to be the people there, especially my villagers.

As for how much it has changed, well, in my time there I've seen it full of people, with many deeds, though since the Elevation reset a lot have disappeared and the land is slowly returning to its natural state.

Edited by Firestarter

Indy, my first PvE experience, including building a 'fort' within throwing distance of FM, climbing dragon fang to see the dragon that was captured up there then hurling myself off the top.

Combination of people, landscape, memories and that day the GMs decided to raise zombies from the dead at FM.

I'll go with Deliverance, as it's my current home.  It has beautiful areas, and though it has its share of griefers I've found the majority of the community to be friendly and helpful.  Best of all, I still find challenge in traversing its hills and finding aggressive mobs as well as farm animals.  Overall, I think Deli's community sticks together and works together.

• Like 4

I like chaos because the map itself is pretty awesome, also the aspect of fighting for control over an area is neat. I always enjoy pvping with my good pals in enemy kingdoms. =)

• Like 1

I live on Celebration and love every day of it because of the people there.  We're warm and inviting, mature yet silly, classy yet simple.  We help each other whenever it's needed and as such always get help when we need it.  We band together to fend off those unique creatures before the experienced fighters of Chaos come.  This server takes care of it's own.

I can create any type of settlement anywhere I want... but I choose Celebration because of it's people.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Pristine user here.  

On my way out of Pristine actually.

What attaches me to a server more than any element, resources, mountains, mobs, pretty farm land, dirt, ocean, fishing, is the community.  Each server seems to have it's own "flavor" community wise, and that seems to be the deciding factor overall, we don't play Wurm alone.  We are often surrounded by villages, alliances, and PMK's.  I moved to Pristine when I found out about a village called Garden of Shadows and met a great group of players.  However, the people I knew seem to have all drifted away.

On my way out of Pristine actually.

What now?  

That's how it works, the landscapes, the fjords, valleys, mountains, they've grown populated, lively, and touched by the hands of many.  The landscape is pocked with evidence of life constantly.  Abandoned Villages(Q.Q), wells, guard towers, players, and the like.  The Land tells a story as do the players and communities that occupy it.

Wow, kind of got lost on all of what I thought on that one. :P

Independence, because Rolf ate a sandwich and decided to introduce PvP to one of the good maps and later wipe it.

Yes, Indy meant that to me too. That server always reminds me of what was lost beneath the waves.

Damn I miss JKH and MRH... the old ones. (yes, as a player, I was there)

Server I am now on ... Xanadu... new beginnings in a huge new world. Still seems huge and new to me.

Edited by geode

Chaos:

The wild lands of Chaos are some of the oldest in Wurm, ripe with hidden ruins of settlements and kingdoms long since past. The rough nature of a land where slaying your enemies is approved by the gods has also made people huddle together, leaving much of the land reclaimed by wilderness. This combination has left a beautiful, yet deadly landscape, where you must work with your fellow kingdom mates to survive.

• Like 1

Do you prefer a life of isolation? MRH is the place for you.  Plenty of abandoned decayed deeds already pre-terraformed.  A nice choice of steppe/ desert hunting grounds for some wholesome FS  based skill grind.  Those that do live in the community will rarely bother you by popping up with messages in your kingdom chat.  So its almost like having a single player adventure with the occasional prospect of running into a real person.

That being said if you reach out to some folks they generally are willing to help once the initial phobia of a new name appearing in kingdom chat has passed.

I like Elevation for PVP, PVE, Crafting.  Grinding my skills, Imping guard towers, building guard towers, Source Fountains, Exploring the lands, which are easy to travel by boat or horse.  Helping others, making coal.  chatting on Team Speak with my kingdom.  The safety in our walls and the danger the lies outside.  I like the 100% Bonus to skill gain on Elevation and the Skill curve that makes it more effective.   Conquering Barbarian Lands is great, as the Roman Republic demands new lands.  Roman Roads on Elevation!  I like the people on Elevation! 

There have been many good replies, but we're still hoping to hear from more of you!

• Like 1