Sign in to follow this  
Uisge_Beatha

Double Kill schedule for Saturday July 11

Already there with my fighter and vyn alt, so i confirm my arrival :)

I will be there. 85+ fs / huge axe / agressive fighting.

Are the fights somewhat close to the water or do alts need to be hauled far inland?

I'll be there with:
- Akkadyjczyk (80+fs)
- Sappiro (70+fs)

Look at all the greedy wurmians!

I think we should start a thread where we list out all the people who deal with these private slayings and boycot them from attending the ones hosted by nice people (Public ones).

I completely agree with starting a list to boycot people from slayings!

I started a private list with greedy buggers that won't be welcome on slayings I host anymore. I don't like dealing with people who throw a fit only because they don't get a chance at getting stuff for free. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• Like 4

You mistake my intentions Alyeska, I had no intention of attending any of these slayings regardless of loot distribution, I'm too busy in RL to even tend my farms let alone sail for hours.

Unlike so many who defend the current system, My motivation is not the loot and my personal wealth, but is and has always been actual fairness.

The fact that you assume my motivation is greed further compounds my long standing belief that greed is a problem in wurm.

I have never sold anything in wurm for euro's and I don't intend to, because I feel that is what takes away most from the fun of wurm.

The greed that is intrinsic with this type of system is what turned runescape from a fun game full of possibility into a whirlwind of greedy kids fighting over party hats.

Go ahead and ban me from your hunts though for having an opinion and wanting things to be more fair. :rolleyes:

Not like ill be around anyways. :ph34r:

OMW!!!

ugh the fog!

At least the Xanadu lag is behind me...

Organize a public slaying Steel. You may change your mind after that experience. 

• Like 3

Very entertaining thank you. Locking people in with an angry dragon they couldn't fight was a genius touch :P

• Like 2

You mistake my intentions Alyeska, I had no intention of attending any of these slayings regardless of loot distribution, I'm too busy in RL to even tend my farms let alone sail for hours.

Unlike so many who defend the current system, My motivation is not the loot and my personal wealth, but is and has always been actual fairness.

The fact that you assume my motivation is greed further compounds my long standing belief that greed is a problem in wurm.

I have never sold anything in wurm for euro's and I don't intend to, because I feel that is what takes away most from the fun of wurm.

The greed that is intrinsic with this type of system is what turned runescape from a fun game full of possibility into a whirlwind of greedy kids fighting over party hats.

Go ahead and ban me from your hunts though for having an opinion and wanting things to be more fair. :rolleyes:

Not like ill be around anyways. :ph34r:

Neither has Uisge. GL to you on your endeavors.

Thanks to everyone who came out and had a good time, as Uisge and I don't run hunts there were a few technical details we hammered out as we went but hopefully they weren't day breaking for anyone. Please remember to +1 any suggestions in the future that address attacker space limits on uniques as well, thanks!

Pingpong

• Like 2

I would like to say it was planned to give a bit of comic relief prior to the fun of the kill....I just didn't want Helorn to be the only one to die again at one of our events.  Please forgive the slight disorganization, a dual roll setting was missed.  Kinda hard to focus looking at a settlement form while I dragon uses your limbs at toothpicks.  All in all, I am glad for those that attended, for all its worth wouldn't change a thing.  Hope to see yall in future events.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for hosting, this was good fun and nice to see some old friends.

Comic relief is always needed.  My thanks to Ping and his uhmm assistant wkm  also. The wonderful Silvr for her never ending support is all those hidden ways is always appreciated here . ( last minute armor scramble anyone?)

Cheers  Gang , you done good :wub:

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

I was able to attend both events, the kyklops went down so fast, I didn't have a chance to get a lick in, the dragon on the other hand was very interesting indeed. Especially when it was having its way with everyone in the fence without having to deal with the consequences of his protected actions. ^_^

It was spammy and fun at the same time, looking forwards to the next one.

Thank you for hosting, and Uisge - I wasn't meaning anything by my comment before. I just felt that a direct question, having a direct reply, would quell those trying to make it sound like you all had sinister intentions. I also misunderstood the post anyway, thinking you had already made up a kill crew and this post was just courtesy for people to poke it for titles and get blood/hides. Had I read it right, I'd have put myself down. Grats to my friend Jake though, who seems to have far more in-game luck than he should. ;)

Thanks Uisge for hosting the slaying and thanks to everyone that helped make the event possible!  :D

Chiqa,

I saw that!  :P

Edited by Quiglen
  • Like 1

Keenan, we all have preconceived notions at times, I am guilty of it as well.  The bulk of my kill crew was established in advance, composed of alliance members as well as good and trusted friends, but I always like to pass along the opportunities to meet new people as well.  I will agree, Jake got quite lucky as well in the rolling, seems our top 2 winners were first time unique killers.  Congrats to them.  I'm just glad to have shared the fun, and a bit of laughter at my expense, with so many others. Perhaps next time we can get more involved.  Thank you for your post, no need to put yourself down for any reason.

Edited by Uisge_Beatha