Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

Two bridge issues

I recently found two issues. They might not be bugs per-se but related to mechanics that seem broken to me.

Issue #1:

# What happened

[12:05:54] You are too close to the bottom of the bridge to drop the dirt.

# What you expected to happen
The ability to drop the same amount of dirt that I just dug out of the very same corner. I figured it would behave like a fence, since I can dig on the other two corners of the tile, should I not be able to also drop dirt on it? I suppose my only option now is to destroy the bridge and rebuild it if I want to fix the digging I did, which exposed issue nr 2 (see below for details)

# Steps to reproduce 

Dig and drop dirt on the opposite end of the same tile that the bridge attaches to.

wU5u79G.jpg

Issue #2:

# What happened

I cannot reach the tile that the first bridge part sits on. I tried digging the corner out to see if I could expose the tile somehow from under the bridge, only to realize 1. I could not and 2. it created issue # 1 (see above) so now I cant cover it up.

# What you expected to happen
Some ability to target that tile so I can pack and pave it, since apparently it bleeds through to the other side of the bridge

# Steps to reproduce 

Just try to target this tile.

(picture shows some of the bleed through of the dirt tile behind it)

uox044e.jpg

• Like 1

I have destroyed bridges I started due to paving/terraforming problems. Best to get all the ducks in order before you plug that first brick into the bridge construction.

But you wont know this til you build your first bridge and realize the tile underneath the bridge bleeds through into the road in front of the bridge. And I could have hoped for grass to grow there if it wasnt for having dug down the other corner to the point where nothing can grow on the tile (water). So I either have to make a pond under it now, or tear out a 3x5 bridge :/ (at least its on deed so should be easy bashing I suppose)