Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Docks and Piers

Not my idea but rather a friend of mine Mikehunt. He was wondering that with how nice the wood bridges look, why can't we have an option to build wooden docks, or any other material that is allowed for regular bridges.

This would be a nice alternative to just dumping crates of dirt into the water to build a pier type structure.

I imagine you could use the mechanics already found in bridge construction and just have part of the survey/planning done with someone moored out in the water in a rowboat.

• Like 9

I agree, probably wouldn't be too hard to implement considering bridges are already in the game.

+1

+1, hoping this is possible with enough existing code to make it feasible for the devs in the near future

If there's a way to utilize bridges in this fashion perhaps. For example selecting disembark on the bridge (proper height) would disembark one on the bridge tile.

Edited by Klaa

how to prevent people from building this instead of bridges?

edit: I know, just put a very fast decay off deed. (a week)

Edited by Tsetse

I like the idea of docks, as you candt reach around the bridge rails. plus it would look better than all these dirt peirs we have.

+1 the whole unfinished low rope fence trick is pretty stale

+1 

Nice addition as Docks are pretty boring these days without some hardcore dredging!

I imagine this could be done with a simple addition to the bridge building mechanics... If we were given the option to build a bridge without the barriers on the side, without the "wall" blocking attempts to take and remove items from adjacent containers.

Why not just allow the building of structures in water you can stand in?