Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Sail in my way

+1 also theres still a remaining issue of people other then the commander and first passenger not being able to access the inventory of the boat.

I think he was joking to show how absurd it would be not to change it :)

Definitely joking.

+1, this needs changed (serious answer)

Yeah, what the heck ya doing putting sails on boats anyway. Take off the stupid sails, they just get in the way. Make all boats motorboats. And while you're at it get rid of all the trees. I can't see through them so know where I'm going or where the bad beasties or PvP people are. The nerve of some people. Whut ya tryin ta do, make it realistic or sumtin.

Yeah, what the heck ya doing putting sails on boats anyway. Take off the stupid sails, they just get in the way. Make all boats motorboats. And while you're at it get rid of all the trees. I can't see through them so know where I'm going or where the bad beasties or PvP people are. The nerve of some people. Whut ya tryin ta do, make it realistic or sumtin.

Try turning your graphics all the way down. I hear this is an advantage in PvP games.

There seems to be at least two ways to fix this given current engine:

- lower position of characters on a boat. But there are lots of boats and positions to go through.

- Change boat model to raise the sail. Requires tinkering with wireframes.

- Set up a different, sail-less, model of a boat that is shown to its crew. But that could be hard if the engine assumes everybody sees the same world

There seems to be at least two ways to fix this given current engine: - lower position of characters on a boat. But there are lots of boats and positions to go through. - Change boat model to raise the sail. Requires tinkering with wireframes. - Set up a different, sail-less, model of a boat that is shown to its crew. But that could be hard if the engine assumes everybody sees the same world

Or an option to turn the sail off and on as a personal setting. So the guy who turned the sail off couldn't see it but everyone else would still see it. Would still keep one foot in the real world and the other in...uhm. Whatever.