Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Sail in my way

Boat PVP is a big part of Wurm. Thus the sail position needs to change. If we can't see the enemy, how are we suppose to target it. Also spyglass becomes useless. 

Please adjust all sails on all boats so we can fully enjoy the full PVP experience, even as a passenger. 

FVcRfwv.jpg

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 5

+1

Even w/o PVP I sometimes can't see a dam thing while riding the boat as a commander, not as a passenger. This has a point if you want to have a full crew e.g.. 1 person is riding, 2nd is telling way, 3rd looks around for underwater obstacles, etc.; and this is good, but well, make this at least configurable (display/don't display sails for example).

Edited by nekoexmachina

+1 so difficult to see where i am going in my sailing boat, that i don't use it anymore...

• Like 1

+1, sails really need to be higher up i.m.o.

I certainly didn't expect the view to be made *worse* then it was before the new models came in - but with for instance the small sailingboat this is the case (while others like knarr might be a little bit better, but still far from better enough to be well usable - and thats for the captain, as picture shows it became clearly worse for some of the passengers on knarr too). We got to sit down now - that should give a clear view underneath the sails of all boats.

Recently ran into this issue - very annoying. +1

Bump Change it. Its becomes hard to pvp.

should just be transparent for anyone on the boat

+1 

Kitsuine,

You have the answer right here.  Nailed it right on the spot.

+1 for Pvp and Pve please.  Knarr got better, but sailboat is worse now.  You know how many games let you choose if you want to show or hide your helmet?  Let is show/hide our sails.

+1 if this can't be done, then make it not "a part of the boat", like you can select stuff through it rather than scrolling over it and you select the boat 

While we are at it.  Lets put some pride colors on the sails like with caravans.  Some people might be opposed because they do sneaky pvp but I think if you could do it as an option would be nice.  War boat full of peeps flying their faction colors proud on to an assault seems like a good idea to me.

+1

Not yet been on a passenger seat, but this looks just aweful! Not only for pvp... I bet people on pve-servers will welcome it too when they're able too look where the commander is directing the boat xD

TGYl0r8.jpg

This is what the second passenger position on the sailing ship is supposed to look like currently even with animations turned off completely, please post exactly which ship/position is causing issues.

please post exactly which ship/position is causing issues.

I'll start this off by mentioning:

- The captain.

The captain can't see ######. I have animations turned off but the boat keeps rolling and bobbing and even when it doesn't the sail and ship covers 60% of the screen.

Picture:

iTPQzEW.png

It looks like 40% in the picture but make no mistake - Once the boat starts bobbing and rolling it effectively covers much more of the screen.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Spin boat in circles, you should be able to see left. Keep turning left.

Workaround available therefore no change needed.

Regards

Typical -1 response

Bump

Either keep sail totally above the commanders head so we can see full screen or remove it. Cant pvp at all in these scenarios. 

The commander and second passenger face the maximum problem. On pvp servers we really can do without sail, better then this eye blocking spyglass killer.

Spin boat in circles, you should be able to see left. Keep turning left.

Workaround available therefore no change needed.

Regards

Typical -1 response

WHAT?

I don't care if there is a sail in a sailboat or not, I am the commander and the person who sits first after the commander CANT SEE ANYTHING ON THE RIGHT. Remove the sail, I dont frikkin care, but I do care when its blocking my view on the right during pvp caus its not fun to turn the boat around to keep enemy boat on left to get a target on them for archery. Because turning 180 degree angle causes wind to #### things up. 

This is no workaround, keep it like that for pve if you please, but definitely not on pvp. I have experienced this and that day was very frustrating for my group and the enemies as well.

I think he was joking to show how absurd it would be not to change it :)

• Like 2