Sign in to follow this  
Roysta

Rare sailboat not sailing faster then normal one

Today we went after BL, who tried to cap a tower.

We used a rare sailboat, they used a normal one.

Both boats had same amount of passengers.

They outsailed us.

Edited by Roysta

Yup that cost you a life. Wonder whats happening :)

[22:50:35] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy 

Edited by Gaul

I am not 100% sure how it works but from what i know about rare etc is that they make it so that the boat goes faster by one player for each level or rarity but the max speed is still the max speed so a regular boat full of passengers would be the same speed as a rare one at max speed.  (my supreme rowboat has always been the same speed as a reg full crew one so it has been like that for a long time) 

This is why i have said that the crew should not matter and that the rare..etc should be an extra boost all on its own and not just count as an extra person. 

Edit: My opinion on them is that they should be made to be max speed and not have crew effect anything then add in a rare/supreme/fantastic bonus on top of that.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Not the place for suggestions and all boats work like this

Its been like this for awhile, they give you an extra passenger or two if supreme no "speed bonus."

Take rowing boat.  Supreme = 2 alt speed, adding two people to a supreme gives you same speed as full crew.

Sailing boat: 4 crew max.  So rare sailboat would need three.

"Both boats had same amount of people" 

Means in the best of cases they'd be going full speed, both of them at the same speed.

Or if both had two crew (for example), rare should be going the speed of a 3 crew.

Either way rare shouldn't be outsailed by a normal with same amount of crew.  Matched at best.

If they were doing 8's around each other they yeah, a more clever captain could try and put the wind to his advantage.  If it was in straight lines, rare should have either sailed away or, if both full, made for a boring straight line with both going at the same speed.

That's how boats work, my dear landlubbers =)  Got dozens and dozens of hours of sailing in all kinds of winds on rare knarr, normal sailboat, and supreme rowing boat with a peppering of 3-alt rowing boat action once or twice.  Barring ninja changes in the past 4-6 weeks, that's how boats had "always worked".

Just want to point out it was hots and not BL (Black Legion) involved here.

We have no affiliation with Hashirama or his group.

Yup that cost you a life. Wonder whats happening :)

[22:50:35] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy 

Oooh, my old char is killing pplz. Im so proud of him *wipes away a tear*

As said earlier: rarity increases passenger count, not top speed.

In other words not a bug.