Sign in to follow this  
Jenshiye

Elite Tower Guards. (PVE)

I have always wanted to equip guards, fully, however, they wander everywhere and listen to everyone.¶¶

That can remain exactly as it is. ¶

QL 1-50 of your tower you get your normal guards, just as you have them now.¶¶

However, from QL 60, 70, 80, 90 give you a possibility of four more elite guards. ¶¶

These take very particular instructions from you:¶¶

- Drag like a horse to a tile then can set that as their "guard post" (they stand there until called or dead)¶

- Who they respond to (alliance, villagers, friends, you only)¶

- Can command them to return to their post even mid fight¶

- Area they will travel when called (deed, anywhere, not cross gates)¶¶

However, there must be some cost to them:¶¶

- Must be placed in a structure.¶

- Must have a water container nearby (that has to keep being refilled)¶

- Must have a bed, armour rack and weapon rack (each.)¶

- Must have adequate food.¶

- Must be paid 1kg of gold (that you mine) a week.¶¶

Bonuses: ¶¶

- They live longer (can use a cared for slot for even longer)¶

- Gain some skill, ¶

- Their equipment is easier to retrieve (as a result of the above instructions)¶

- Can name them via a random name generator function.¶

- Look different to reflect their elite status.¶

Edited by Jenshiye
  • Like 1

*snip*

Edited by Aru

Why not just hire more deed guards? This sounds just another way to not have to pay any money to wurm. Nobody on freedom has the maximum amount of guards and still struggles. This is a sollution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Edited by Judicator

Get deed guards.

sidenote: there is already npcs called Guard Captains and Guard Lieutenants implemented. (pvp servers only)

*snip*

Edited by Aru

So why don't folks on pvp servers just get more deed guards? (Not a serious question, but it proves a point I think)

Why not add Captains/Lieutenants to PvE also?

On pvp most people have the maximum amount of deed guards adding more strong guards would be a balance issue. Captains/Lieutenants spawn to stop people from conquering as easily not really needed for pve.

Towers are a kingdom entity I am against making it so people can't use certain towers because the guy who made them is high skill. All the food/gold/water ect requirements sound like a lot of coding for a feature which would not be used much on pve as it is a pain to maintain. If you want a bonus to guards surely it would be better to have it so guards from towers over 70 ql on deed can't have their gear taken off by anyone in kingdom, and not be allowed to be attacked by players who aren't members of the deed.

I would be completely for beefing up PvE templars. Isn't there already a difficulty difference between PvP and PvE templars? I'm not sure about tower guards though.

So why don't folks on pvp servers just get more deed guards? (Not a serious question, but it proves a point I think)

Why not add Captains/Lieutenants to PvE also?

Fun fact: there is a limit and capitals tend to max it.

Another fun fact: On pvp servers towers main usage is to plant and prevent planting of deeds, thus giving PLAYERS a easier time maintaining control of an area. It has little to do with the actual guards.

Third fun fact of the day: The special guards only appear when you try to capture towers and they are designed to KILL players, not protect them.

Edited by Zekezor

if pve wants this, idc, but a few things you mentioned (and some that you didn't) are bugged or badly implemented and should be fixed for everyone (ie. guards no longer have shield slot, gear can be taken easily by anyone, etc.)

You can't boost PvE guards. It would affect PvP. We cannot negatively affect PvP. Any suggestions you might have that would tend to do this, forget about. One, it won't be done and two, the derailment committee is very strong. Guards on PvE suck because guards on PvP were too strong or something. PvP didn't actually ask for it the way it came out, but that's what we have.

Edited by Audrel

Why not just hire more deed guards? This sounds just another way to not have to pay any money to wurm. Nobody on freedom has the maximum amount of guards and still struggles. This is a sollution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Why not remove HotA status and exclusivity not only to extra art assets but also exclusivity on the option to pay for more of it..... This sounds like a way to not have to pay any money for Wurm.  *wink*

Replace freedom isle kingdom guards (on pve servers only, I'm sure it can be coded) a new guard type.  Heavy tower guard, I dunno I don't care about the name.  Or have a new special animal control fort "tower" that is pve servers only so it doesn't mess with normal towers, I don't care about that name either

Have this guard type the natural armor that captain or whatever guards have, and is faster than normal tower guards

Pve gets their free better protection from trolls and lions

Pvp unaffected

If pve gets a special tower that has 5 guards more capable of protecting you from mobs than pvp does I don't care, I can kill any mob alone considering I'm supposed to be combat capable.  Just if it has a nice model I'd get jealous or something, so just use the freedom tower guard model over and it's all good

• Like 1

I can kill everything except a champ troll by standing toe to toe with it.

This is more about having a different appearance for guards, playing dolls and dressing them up / naming them and being able to place them in positions (such as at the gate or entrance to a house.)

Also, templars can mess up your breeding programs.

Edited by Jenshiye

I've cleaned up this thread. Please keep your posts on topic and avoid trolling people's suggestions

thanks
Solmark

Board Moderator

• Like 1

ayyyyyyyyyy lemao

+1

Edited by mechanic