Sign in to follow this  
faty

Justice League

I'm gonna start by asking anyone who reads this to excuse my bad English and to also look at this as an idea not a complete solution.

Intro:

I'm thinking this as a Freedom only system, so Epic and Chaos not included at all.

I've seen so many problems lately with theft, and I was thinking why can't the game have a system that deals with these issues internally...
Permissions will always be misunderstood, forgot or buggy, and people are so resourceful when it comes to cheating the system..

Proposition:

As Freedom is a single kingdom we would have a "king's council" comprised from the player base (5-10 people) that has enough game experience to make decisions and take actions.
There would be a minimum requirement like 40 mind logic to be eligible, this will ensure only experienced players can be part of the council.
The council will be elected every year (only premium players can vote), and the council members will be payed from the kings coffers every month for their services..

When a case of theft, grief, etc, arises, the council will meet and evaluate the evidence and make a decision based on them and on witnesses and testimonies from the people involved.
After deciding, they will have a few options (this is the main idea of this suggestion) that will punish the guilty person.
1. take no further action - if the situation is unclear or not enough evidence provided to ensure guilt
2. strip title from player - this will remove the top title (if any) and reduce his skill to bellow title level.
3. place in jail - this will put the player in a "timeout" mode that will show a "you are in jail until xxx" message when logging in, and nothing else can be done with that toon.
4. place non-removable title to toon for a period of time - (Thief, Deceiver, others?)

5. sac person from kingdom - this will remove writs from player inventory, destroy the buildings from the writs, undeed all owned deeds and move upkeep to king's coffers

n. others?

All these can be stacked base on council decision and on guilty player's actions (returning stolen items, compensating destroyed goods, etc).

Outro:

I am not presenting this as a perfect or complete solution, but it would be a system that is at least fully based on the integrity and the honesty of the community.. just like the real life justice system.. If the community is corrupt, the system will be corrupt, but if the community is (as all seem to have seen in wurm) the best and most honest community of people, then I can only see this as a truly multiplayer way of solving community issues and problems by giving the power to the players.. and excluding from it the rotten apples..

Extra:

I know about GM's :ph34r: , but they should normally only handle issues related to bugs and exploits, not conflicts between players and game situations.. so for example if i take the hypothetical scenario where a player exploits a game bug and kills someone's penned horses, the GM's problem is the bugs, and the council's and the community's problem is punishing the action so that other might think twice before doing it again..

Sounds like pvp to me. And griefing.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 1

-1 no player or group of players should have the ability to hand out punishments like that.....

• Like 4

As much as this could be interesting, i have to say that's a big no, how can you know everything without the GM investigations power, why you would be able to destroy skill, titles, building and all the time / money involved when a player is innocent or framed for something.

We have rules, procedures and a staff to manage and right the wrongs for a reason.

• Like 5

I think only GMs should ever have this sort of ability.

I would not like to see it something that a "council" can do.

Terrible idea, i see this being being griefed by players suddenly feeling god-like (rolf-like?) and then starting to jail/reduce skills of anyone disapproving them..I've seen this type of behavior first-hand in some of the old MMos i used to play..regardless how good the player is, eventually, power truly does corrupt.

*snip*

Edited by Aru

I think only GMs should ever have this sort of ability.

I would not like to see it something that a "council" can do.

^^

-1 no player or group of players should have the ability to hand out punishments like that.....

And who are current GMs? Players like me and you.. So currently there are players who have that power..

And who are current GMs? Players like me and you.. So currently there are players who have that power..

GMs are appointed by staff and have to answer to the staff if they do something wrong, it may not be a perfect system but you can't just buy gm for 1500 euros like this voting system would mean.

You can get a prem account for about 3s so say 500 accounts should do it. Maybe add 20 e for panfilling to get mind logic

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1

It's a very interesting idea, but a -1 from me. 

This system just sounds far too exploitable for my liking. Basing such powerful decisions on player testimonies would open the door for collusion and frame-jobs. Aside from that, it would be extremely difficult to gather other necessary evidence without GM powers, and I do not believe that sanctions should be imposed on players simply based on hearsay. This would not offer enough protection to players against malicious and prejudiced use of the system. To make it anywhere near feasible GM, oversight would be necessary for every decision made by the council, which would in turn add to the GM workload.

In any case, it would be so easily circumnavigated by use of alts that it would prove pretty futile as a barrier or deterrent to griefers and thieves.

Edited by flinty

we already have something similar, you proposing - GM team

they did not work too well on latest PvE accidents - why not, it is other question

but why the hell you think players, without true ability to check real data, will work better?

your idea is full of holes for abuse of power, really stupid idea, I think

I even think it is more stupid than flying or any other bad idea of last year