Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

SirLaw - tell us all why you killed all my horses

As previously stated, we as a kingdom do not have anything to do with Sirlaws actions. That being said we have offered the person who was griefed compensation in the form of a replacement for every horse lost.

Perhaps Lunn and roman need some sort of public flogging from JK for corpse stealing at unique hunts? Well obviously thats complete nonsense  because again it wasnt his kingdom which sanctioned or condoned the activity.

Please stop with the KvK rubbish Huntar, you're just giving chaos a bad name.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

There isn't much of anything the game allows a kingdom to do anyway. Kick him out? So an enemy kingdom can pick him up and all the information he holds? Do you even understand the sheer amount of pain it is right now to even remove someone from a Kingdom? You think your deed management settings are bad... You have no idea.

I tried to talk to some of the individuals involved. I tried to give some thoughts and some words to a few. I come back several hours later to find a Freedom mob still crying for blood and a few Chaos folk basking in the glory that is a MR member doing something stupid. I'm sorry, but is any of this behavior better than what Sirlaw did? Yes, it was more than unfriendly. No, we do not condone his actions nor support him in it. This has nothing to do with my kingdom. This has a lot to do with the actions of a single player, and yet this has more to do with issues that are broken and need to be fixed. Letting people onto your deed for travel-sake shouldn't give the person the green light to slaughter everything in sight.

Yet there is hope and things that can be done.

For one, we can use structures for stables now. You can thatch the floor. This gives you better control than gates and fences ever would. You can even combine the two for better access control - much like you could before. My old stables on Deli was done this way - I had a 1x4 structure with arched walls on the inside and a large fenced-in area that was sub-divided within.

I'm just tired of this thread already. I'm tired of the accusations, the finger-pointing, and the general harassment that my kingdom is receiving because of this one member's actions. I'm tired of shroud of ignorance that some people on Freedom seem to wear when they speak of Chaos and the situations there. You're not happy that a player did something. That has nothing to do with my kingdom. He could have just as easily used a Freedom alt. The words he said are NOT echoed by everyone on Chaos. Please deal with that, and stop making this all about PvP vs PvE.

• Like 2

As previously stated, we as a kingdom do not have anything to do with Sirlaws actions. That being said we have offered the person who was griefed compensation in the form of a replacement for every horse lost.

Perhaps Lunn and roman need some sort of public flogging from JK for corpse stealing at unique hunts? Well obviously thats complete nonsense  because again it wasnt his kingdom which sanctioned or condoned the activity.

Please stop with the KvK rubbish Huntar, you're just giving chaos a bad name.

Yup and I've already mentioned these incidents and how my kingdom isn't perfect either, I'm in no way trying to compare them, read through my posts next time before jumping to this KvK nonsense.

Power to you though for compensation, whether you think thats sarcasm or not, that's more than most would have done.

I'm sick and tired of you constantly using every opportunity to accuse me being involved in any corpse theft much like how I'm sick of you badmouthing and making up lies about every single person who has ever left MR to join another kingdom on Chaos. DrSatan and Cita as of late.

I have never been subjected to any GM investigation regarding the corpse thefts on any server. I have never been contacted by any GM about it and I am not involved in any way with it. Lunn admitted himself in another thread that he was solely responsible for the Celebration incident.

Stop using this as an opportunity to spread damaging rumours about other players.

None of what you say about other people are true.

In future, keep the slander to yourself.

• Like 8

I'm sick and tired of you constantly using every opportunity to accuse me being involved in any corpse theft much like how I'm sick of you badmouthing and making up lies about every single person who has ever left MR to join another kingdom on Chaos. DrSatan and Cita as of late.

I have never been subjected to any GM investigation regarding the corpse thefts on any server. I have never been contacted by any GM about it and I am not involved in any way with it. Lunn admitted himself in another thread that he was solely responsible for the Celebration incident.

Stop using this as an opportunity to spread damaging rumours about other players.

Just point them all to this thread. Theft is perfectly fine (until it happens to you).

Where will you be when a citizen of MR ruthlessly slaughters your animals?  Think they'll be kind enough to do it in front of your face?  Or will they wait for you to go to bed and act maliciously.  This needs to stop, how long can we let these heinous acts go unpunished.  We need to stand up for ourselves my friends, and boycott MR. 

We demand justice!

Edited by Samusen

This was not some kingdom thing. I only mentioned Chaos because he kept using it as an excuse during the slaughter. And because other people periodically drop by and have a griefing spree. But no kingdom had anything to do with this. I just hope that in general, it's not acceptable to ANY kingdom for their members to take a little tour of PvE and grief people who can't fight back.

• Like 4

Where will you be when a citizen of MR ruthlessly slaughters your animals?  Think they'll be kind enough to do it in front of your face?  Or will they wait for you to go to bed and act maliciously.  This needs to stop, how long can we let these heinous acts go unpunished.  We need to stand up for ourselves my friends, and boycott MR. 

We demand justice!

MR isn't the only kingdom that has this issue, so If you're gonna boycott, don't stop with that kingdom.

MR isn't the only kingdom that has this issue, so If you're gonna boycott, don't stop with that kingdom.

He is JK.. so yeah he is rallying the kvk thing up.

I am part of MR and i do not think what he did was ok.(so i am behind a computer so writing this). First of all, i am sorry for your losses Lorraine and i if you need anything let me know. I am not doing this as i feel responsible as a MR member, but because i want to help. I am representing myself here as Sirlaw was representing himself before, not MR. We have a saying at chaos that what happens in chaos stays in chaos and the same with freedom. A good point is WTS/Auction part of the forum where all kingdoms sell to other kingdoms and no trade bans while ingame trade on chaos with an enemy is a very rare thing.  I am not defending him and he did lose a point in my eyes and if it were Chaos he would have been KKL (80% sure) or atleast he had alot of problems, but when he is at Freedom then he acts for himself.

Edited by Wulfgarr

The problem here isn't PvP or its players.

The problem is CodeClub, and more specifically Rolf, who apparently has some delusion where people will throw golden pamphlets demanding Freedom become PvP if thieves and griefers have their way long enough.

Never understood why that kind of asshattery is so protected by CodeClub.

Rolf, you said you'd learned your lesson with "lunchgate".  Guess what, you only learned it partially.  People paying you for PvE want PvE, as in not having to deal with tweens' antics while trying to build up the best looking deed on their server and maybe do some commercial competition via their crafts.  All you're pushing for here is Freedom being filled with fortified wholly fenced deeds where the norm is trusting NO ONE, meaning new players will be seen as thieving alts and will be off to another game after the third day unable to build a shack without being killed by a troll or KoS'ed at every corner "just in case".

I liked my deeds nice n' open, hence why I joined and paid for PvE.  There's two reasons why I took my money elsewhere... first one I stated on my email to feedback@wurmonline.com (don't worry, I never did expect a reply).  The second one is this exact thread.  Folks like Sirlaw get "warnings" at best, legit players who DON'T hurt your game's finances aren't allowed to retaliate because that would be "griefing" and God forbid they KoS on a highway, because God forbid a thief's or griefer's window of opportunity to do as much damage as possible "4 lulz" be reduced to a couple of minutes.

The good news is I'm way more relaxed typing this now that my cash is not funding the bandwidth for those favored asshats anymore.  The bad news is it's highly unlikely that I'm the only player who took his money elsewhere reading these forums, hoping to read something that'll make coming back worth it, only to wind up thinking "Why bother.... 6 months, 6 years, some things will just never improve." 

• Like 12

Truth hurts it seems.

Go back to stealing from friends.

Truth hurts it seems.

Go back to stealing from freedomers >.> 

As far as i'm aware the guy that picked up the corpse is the one stealing and that was not Roman afaik.

OT:

It is really lame what happend, too bad nothing can be done. This is why i try to keep all my permissions removed for everyone.. but things can happen i guess :(

Edited by whykillme

[22:50:35] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy 

If that makes you feel good, we killed him yesterday.

Also, its right, his actions should not represent his kingdom. He killed your horses which was wrong, but it was not MR's fault. He might have had a breakdown or flipped around or something(who knows) which caused him to do that. Whatever his reason was, not MR's fault.

But obviously, if MR continue to keep him, guess they don't care about what he did. And this proves they are negating your feelings which were hurt by sirlaw, their member. A freedomer's feelings who might be a potential pvp'er in future, well might be MR's fault there imo.

Cheer up, the hand of justice fell upon him. :)

PS: Join HOTS! :D

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 4

Truth hurts it seems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was still MR we went and nicked a dragon from another group under your command. I picked up the corpse, and passed it on to you/mr. Now question is..... Are you not guilty as well? If Roman's guilty for Lunn picking it up, you are just as guilty for me picking it up. I fail to see the logic in pointing out someone's ''bad'' actions, when you've been in the exact same position yourself. Roman has nothing to do with this thread.

''Go back to stealing from friends.'' - Apparently anyone who leaves the Empire of Mol Rehan is a theif according to Red, it's hilarious.

Apologies for derailing, I usually don't give into this crap anymore but hypocrisy is the worst.

I'm sorry for your losses LorraineJ, it's never fun when things like this happen. Sadly I do not have many connections to Deliverence and will probably not able to help you out, but I will ask around to make sure! I do not feel like any kingdom as a whole should be to blame for one players actions, just because they are connected it it. Chaos may have some bad apples, but same goes for freedom - the majority are good people. It's very nice of you to give your alliance access to tar, but there is always a risk. It's sad to see someone taking advantage of your kindness, but the only thing you can do is to take the right precautions to prevent it.

If you feel like you need some time away, consider Viti's offer! She is very nice and I'm sure you will enjoy your time there. :)

• Like 2

My 5 ct:

I dont know who are the good and who the bad on chaos, but considering the blatant act of griefing i'm realy wondering how this guy is still has a community holding to him. Chaos crew, do it as the freedomers did; ban him from your ally / kingdom / guild / whatever and kos him forever. If not for obvious justice reasons then do it to not longer ashame the other players of your group. You know its the only right thing to do.

I understood both of you and I thank you both for your sentiments. And it's not even just the time, it's like the feeling of WTF? I don't know this guy. What kind of people am I spending time with? It doesn't feel good.

He did it just because he could.  And sadly for a lot of people, that's pretty much as far as their thought process goes in a game.  Maybe it was out of spite, kinda hard to tell with the language skills he's displaying.  To put it mildly....

I think people like him are in the vast minority on Wurm.  You are surrounded by good people here :) 

• Like 2

...and even if you have them locked up (see this thread), a passing priest can cast spells on them which goes over locked gates and fences, if they happen to be close enough to the edge of your deed...despite having no attacking of non citizens on deeds as a deed setting.  So now you have to build tall walls all around your aggro pet enclosures on a PvE server, to protect them.

That actually won't help since you can still glitch into the corners of most tiles in order to be able to highlight what's behind them :/

Please kill him if you see him in chaos PvP'ers.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvFymlYy_E

keep in mind that this is the same kingdom who leveled Sparta (MR)... so yeah, just remember that when they try to buy more source / rare boats

@Red stop trolling here because your kingdom lost more drake / scale in the past two weeks than it has gained in the past two months

Edited by MisterTeddy

Guys. Can we please quit with the politics in here? Someone from Chaos griefed someone on Freedom by killing her horses. That's what this topic is about. All these hidden agendas about other stuff regarding the kingdoms should be left elsewhere in my opinion.

• Like 11

Guys. Can we please quit with the politics in here? Someone from Chaos griefed someone on Freedom by killing her horses. That's what this topic is about. All these hidden agendas about other stuff regarding the kingdoms should be left elsewhere in my opinion.

Agreed. Scopey creepy, aren't we sneaky! I think this thread drifted out of constructiveness somewhere in the first two pages.

• Like 1

When I was still MR we went and nicked a dragon from another group under your command. I picked up the corpse, and passed it on to you/mr. Now question is..... Are you not guilty as well? If Roman's guilty for Lunn picking it up, you are just as guilty for me picking it up. I fail to see the logic in pointing out someone's ''bad'' actions, when you've been in the exact same position yourself. Roman has nothing to do with this thread.

''Go back to stealing from friends.'' - Apparently anyone who leaves the Empire of Mol Rehan is a theif according to Red, it's hilarious.

Thats a good story you have there, shame its complete lies. You stole a corpse did you? Hmm.. Public flogging JK?

@Red stop trolling here because your kingdom lost more drake / scale in the past two weeks than it has gained in the past two months

We're 1 drake set down and 1 scale set down according to my records. I guess I'll weigh it up to the 11 drake sets we have sitting in storage from the last 2 years from where we have literally noone in plate to give them to lol. QQ more pls.

But anyhoo, this is going off topic. I hope there is a speedy recovery to your herds, Lorraine. If you ever need help with them feel free to pm myself.

Edited by Redd

...and even if you have them locked up (see this thread), a passing priest can cast spells on them which goes over locked gates and fences, if they happen to be close enough to the edge of your deed...despite having no attacking of non citizens on deeds as a deed setting.  

I *believe* this has been ninja fixed but i would have to try to see if it still works or not.

• Like 1

Thats a good story you have there, shame its complete lies. You stole a corpse did you? Hmm.. Public flogging JK?

Oh, feel a little exposed now when truth come to surface? For those who remember it - Exodus, Sheriff Mountain.

• Like 1

All the derailing and detracting from the heart of the issue is kinda pointless.  Unless the point is to get this thread closed for some reason.

What happened was a clear case of griefing, by an individual who took advantage of the no-risk, no consequences pvp on the pve servers instead of confining his activities to servers where he'd possibly get his little arse handed to him for it.  Obviously an immature individual who's parents never taught him right from wrong, and his friends don't do a thing to teach him sportsmanship.

What I'd like to know at this point is......is it considered griefing by Rolf and Co?  Is anything going to be done about it?  Or will this just be another case of blaming the victim and saying that if the little wienie found a way to do it, it's perfectly ok?    And then people wonder why this game is considered griefers' paradise. 

• Like 13