Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

SirLaw - tell us all why you killed all my horses

One thing you might have missed HE WAS IN HER ALLIANCE!

If someone IN YOUR ALLIANCE on your PVP server did this how would you handle it?

Because on PVE this forum post is about all that can be done.

Kick them out and kill/kos them.

Problem solved.

If you need any horses to rebuild your stock LorraineJ shout me in game, i have plenty of 5 speeds you can have.

• Like 4

KoS him on highways too, Cecci. 

This I would be careful of. The rules are selectively enforced. For example, I am KoSed on one of my neighbor's deeds who did that prolonged massive griefing I refer to on the forum and it covers part of a highway, but that is fine. She covered my access along the bay from one of my deeds to another, but that is ok because somehow although her deeds are along the road between mine, hers is a "terminus." So imagine my experience to find one of those giant GM signs right on my front lawn when a serial griefer who hadn't been to Deli since I KoSed him put in a complaint about my KoS on my terminus deed. Only KoS on a highway if you are favored.

• Like 6

Sirlaw was not in same alliance as Lorrainej, he was in same alliance as me.

I tell myself it's just pixels, I would have a hard time not feeling some strong emotions about it.  Especially my bred bison herd.

My heart goes out to ya.

No, it isn't just pixels. It is time. Someone used time to breed all of these animals. They took time to fence them all. They took time to make all of this happen. You can't buy time. You can't make time. You can't save time. The time LorraineJ took is gone. Time is a non renewable resource. So no, it isn't just pixels, it is much more than that. It's sad that the permissions system in this game is so god awful screwed up. Some of the 'loopholes' are so big a tank can be driven through. 

• Like 4

No, it isn't just pixels. It is time. Someone used time to breed all of these animals. They took time to fence them all. They took time to make all of this happen. You can't buy time. You can't make time. You can't save time. The time LorraineJ took is gone. Time is a non renewable resource. So no, it isn't just pixels, it is much more than that. It's sad that the permissions system in this game is so god awful screwed up. Some of the 'loopholes' are so big a tank can be driven through. 

Why are you flipping out on me?  I was showing a lot of empahty toward her and didn't say anyting to warrant your hostility.

I said I try to tell myself Wurm is just pixels.  That's all.  That in no way was meant to diminish her loss here.  So just chill kid.

• Like 1

Why are you flipping out on me?  I was showing a lot of empahty toward her and didn't say anyting to warrant your hostility.

I said I try to tell myself Wurm is just pixels.  That's all.  That in no way was meant to diminish her loss here.  So just chill kid.

I understood both of you and I thank you both for your sentiments. And it's not even just the time, it's like the feeling of WTF? I don't know this guy. What kind of people am I spending time with? It doesn't feel good.

• Like 3

He was reminded in local that he would not be getting skill for killing domesticated animals.

A note for the sake of being informative:

You still gain other skills, just not Fighting and I think Shield Bashing. You still gain weapon use, shield use, and likely the related skills. 

[18:20:38] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy 

Perhaps that will brighten up your mood a little.

• Like 3

Take a chill pill. It's not about you.  ;)

I understood both of you and I thank you both for your sentiments. And it's not even just the time, it's like the feeling of WTF? I don't know this guy. What kind of people am I spending time with? It doesn't feel good.

Agreed. It's a loss on so many levels. Like when your house is broken into in rl. It's been years since my WURM experience was turned upside down by something like this. It still sucks. 

sorry for your loss, and the real problem here is that you need to have a degree in deed-setting to understand them.

And probably a phd after the overhaul of said permission.

• Like 5

Yup that cost you a life. Wonder whats happening :)

[22:50:35] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy

• Like 4

Haha Tikki that is about the best thing I have seen in a while. Great work Hashirama, hope you got a good affinity from him.

Yeah by default for some reason the permission system allows people to attack other creatures on deed (in the same alliance), found this out the other day when checking my deli deed permissions (this should be looked into). I'm sorry for your loss, hope you get swift justice here.

Edited by Niki

Yup that cost you a life. Wonder whats happening :)

[22:50:35] Sirlaw slain by Hashirama Bumbum Blackdeathdragon Hoppy

oh so that is who owns this sirlaw character i guess he MIGHT have lost a rare boat today karma at its best i guess if so..

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126524-rare-sailboat-not-sailing-faster-then-normal-one/#entry1301435

Edited by Kegan

Sidenote:

Deed falls, stuff in the open is "salvage" .. may as well grab it .. sounds a bit cruel but if you don't grab it someone who doesn't care or didn't know that it's a brand new fresh disband will grab it.

If buildings are falling apart, that person's long gone so yes, "salvage".

A neighbor went farther and perimterer'd and walled the area on a juicy salvage (or scavenge, same thing basically), could have catapulted his walls right when buildings cracked open, didn't... his cash his grab.  Rules allowed me to catapult and steal the loot off him, didn't.  Common courtesy and respecting his investment.   Fair's fair, I could  have deeded over before he did but I was cheap about it *grin*.

If the deed is ACTIVE, and the deed owner is known to be ACTIVE.... FFS DON'T CALL IT SALVAGE... wisen up or stop insulting the rest of the community, whichever the case may be.

And offing a %$#"&load of horses on an ACTIVE deed bypassing what supposedly were secure enclosures?   Why in Fo's name is "salvage" even being discussed on this thread? 

• Like 6

Sirlaw owns sirlaw... Roysta is a different player entirely.

MR's comments on this have been made, so I won't add anything.

I will say however, I'm sorry that in the space of ... 9? years, the Wurm dev team have made it a constant headache to manage and maintain a deed on a pve server.  The default settings SHOULD be a complete lockdown, and it should be up to you to grant permissions, but that isn't the way it is in some cases.  It even screws you over on PvP servers if you don't pay close attention.

Hopefully the dev team will look into simplifying this essential mechanic, as this is hardly the first and will very unlikely be the last incident.

• Like 6

Kick them out and kill/kos them.

Problem solved.

He did leave the alliance.... afterwards.

It still shouldn't have happened in the first place and playing "tough guy" doesn't solve the issue.

• Like 1

That was pathetic to who ever did that. Place for this kind of conduct and the freedom servers is not that place! Go do this kind of stuff on chaos and keep it there! Absolutely childish!

While I normally would say "lock and deed it or lose it" I dont think this counts in this case.

It is done by an alliance member, so I cannot and will not blame the victim. He didnt gain anything by it as someone would stealing stuff, he just killed horses because he could. His only "gain" was to be an ass and cause grief to someone else. To me, this behavior on a pve server is the purest definition of griefing and should be punished by GMs.

I would offer you help, but I am on epic and hence am rather useless to you. However, if you ever feel the need to get away from it all Lorraine, you are more than welcome to have a little getaway on my deed on epic (where this type of thing seems to happen a lot less than I see lately in the forums on freedom due to the fact these actions have consequences). It might not be much to offer, but maybe a little getaway while not having to leave wurm every now and so helps anyway.

Good luck to you, Lorraine. It was a mean thing he did to you and I hope the GMs can identify that this is not a matter of "deed/lock it or lose it" but a pure case of griefing.

• Like 1

i was actually paid to kill SirLaw, so that counted i guess :P

Anyways, im sorry for your losses and ill bug a few people i know on deli to give you a hand if needed

Edited by Hoppy

His kingdom affiliation has no relevance.

We do not condone this activity.

If he is with MR then it's a MR problem!  You don't want to know what else i have to say about it Redd! But it clearly is a MR problem!

If he is with MR then it's a MR problem!  You don't want to know what else i have to say about it Redd! But it clearly is a MR problem!

He also was on freedom at the time, that makes him part of the freedom kingdom 

He also was on freedom at the time, that makes him part of the freedom kingdom 

Yeah true but he left to join the Noble, Respectable and honorable cause of MR making him an upstanding citizen of MR. MR has the coin id suggest the respectable MR compensate the lady the cost of butchered horses and kick Sir Law from there kingdom! It's the right thing to do. After all what would it really cost MR, A Hota statue? He brought shame upon MR.

• Like 1