Sign in to follow this  
kanashio

Wiki Ovens and Scythes [Done]

I've tested the second point under creation about the clay blob size.  It is deffinitely no longer true, I've used large combined clay blobs to start five ovens rather recently without the whole blob being used up.

There is also a small discrepancy/clarity issue between the fighting skill guide page and the Scythe page:

Fighting skill  guide page: "40 skill in parryable weapons/shields: Until you hit 40 skill in a parryable weapon/shield, you cannot parry while you move. This makes you vulnerable when moving and as such you can suffer greatly while retreating from a fight. The scythe is the only Non-parryable weapon."

Scythe page:   "Parry Rate: Rate uncertain, but capable of parrying."

Or does non-parryable  here mean it can't be parried? 

• Like 1

I assume the wording about the scythe to mean other players cannot parry if you are using a scythe, however if you are using a scythe, you can still parry incoming attacks. (Assuming the other player isn't also using a scythe)

Haven't tested this myself however.

Edited by Aru
  • Like 1

Thanks on that.  Thought that's what it might mean.

Whachu think on the oven thing?  How might one go about getting that verified and fixed on the wiki side?   

I will double check the not being able to parry a scythe. Im pretty sure that you can parry it, BUT I do not have logs for proof atm :P

[16:28:57] You safely parry with your scythe.

[16:29:51] Aged troll skillfully parries with a huge shod club.

So neither apply.

I assume the wording about the scythe to mean other players cannot parry if you are using a scythe, however if you are using a scythe, you can still parry incoming attacks. (Assuming the other player isn't also using a scythe)

Haven't tested this myself however.

Please do not write assumptions into the wiki.  Only actually tested actions.

Edited by dasfry

Please do not write assumptions into the wiki.  Only actually tested actions.

Hence why the edits were made after Nicrolis posted his test results. I didn't change anything about parry rate, which is still untested.  :)

• Like 1

Hence why the edits were made after Nicrolis posted his test results. I didn't change anything about parry rate, which is still untested.   :)

Keenan,

Sorry that was directed toward Aru, and I should have worded it differently.

Something along the lines of "Aru, please do not suggest wiki edits that are assumptions."

Edited by dasfry

Keenan,

Sorry that was directed toward Aru, and I should have worded it differently.

Something along the lines of "Aru, please do not suggest wiki edits that are assumptions."

It's fine, and I think he was just helping to explain the situation. Again, thank you all for helping to make sure the info we put into the Wiki is accurate. Don't forget that you can apply to be an Editor right now by submitting an application per the post in this forum :)