Sign in to follow this  
Rantul

Ebonaura's welcome back to Wurm.

One year ago

I suppose I should start with the beginning from over a year ago, as a member of the Black Legion, I found them to be very helpful and friendly overall, I saw the BL organize a group of members to lay a foundation of a new mainland town, they worked well together. I lived on a island that was raided and destroyed by MR. So being near homeless a fellow BL and friend asked if I would join em to join Ebonaura and help build a new town. Sounded like fun to me, its what I like. Sure, why not. Well after a couple weeks up there RL called me away and I never bothered coming back until now.

Day 1

My first day returning to Wurm after a year, I wake to find myself trapped inside their city. To no surprise that I was gone for a year thus expected I would be removed from the town.  With help of a couple friendly villagers, i was lead out of the city, where I proceeded to obtain safety in a mine until I can see about joining one of the towns, a lot has changed since I left. I managed to find a old mine i made from way back then, pretty poor shape but suitable for a temporary home.

Day 2

My second day with my fellow Ebonaurans did not quite turn out as expected, this time I was met with a lot of hostility.  When asked about joining a town and was immediately kicked from the kingdom and i lost my deity as well. Now I am very confused what was going on, now the guards are attacking me and i'm running for my life till i find a section of the coastline where it was safe, however I am dying now with severe injuries.

I kept asking what is going on. They kept demanding that i get on ts and they will explain, does that sound a bit strange to you? It did to me, as ts can be useful, it was never a requirement to have and i don't even have it on my computer.  I responded that i don't even have ts downloaded as I never use it. They further responded by demanding I get on ts or go away. I really didn't like how rude they were being about it.  This wasn't the Ebonaura I joined a year ago, none of the characters from back then were present.  One kept telling me that he remembers me, that I am a jerk and I am not fooling anyone. WHAT!? eh, getting even more confused. I didn't recognize his name and was thinking he must have me either confused with someone else or something else.  

I left BL to come help build a city and I am somehow now a jerk and trying to fool them. Then they accuse me of being a spy? So, I am thinking well if he knows me, he would know I would never be spy even more confusing. After about 10 minutes of asking the same question and saying i am not a spy, What are you talking about? What do you mean? etc. He finally says after I quit, BL raided 4 days later and mentions who I came with so now I know he didn't have me confused with someone else but was convinced I was a spy and then one of them killed me.

So, that was my warm and fuzzy welcome back to Wurm.  It's been very eventful and frustrating, and honestly I regret coming back, for the moment anyways.

The PvP community is extremely and blindly paranoid of spys, I don't doubt something similar happens with the other kingdoms on a regular basis.  They killed an innocent and will always believe I was a spy. 

• Like 4

Put in an application with any of the other kingdoms. Jk, Bl and mr all have forums that you can sign up through. Granted most pvp kingdom's require voice comms shearly for pvp , they are rarely used for spy prevention in this manner.

• Like 1

I remember you. Wasn't Zorradon the friend who got you to join? For various reasons we concluded he was a Black Legion spy. Didn't you vanish at the same time, just after Black Legion raided Umbra?

If you disappear for a year, it's not surprising there'll be questions.

• Like 1

It is a well known fact that everyone who plays PvP is a spy. Come to PvE. We are all spies too but no one cares. 

• Like 9

I remember you. Wasn't Zorradon the friend who got you to join? For various reasons we concluded he was a Black Legion spy. Didn't you vanish at the same time, just after Black Legion raided Umbra?

If you disappear for a year, it's not surprising there'll be questions.

• Like 1

Rantul, you were given numerous chances to become set up with our new system of doing things. You continued to beat around the bush. You were asked to get on TS and rather then say ok I don't have it downloaded let me DL it real quick you said you didn't have it and continued to speak about nothing.

Fyi, besides building a 1x3 sleeping quarters house you did absolutely nothing for the kingdom. You build up or helped build up a little off deed fort while you were with another player who joined is that left BL like yourself.

You were told you would be kicked so you can get set up and join our academy village, but again continues I don't know what's going on bs was the game you were playing. If you cannot listen to orders simple requests then I am sorry we do not have time to baby sit.

Since the first time you were back on about a week ago you had been on a few other times after that not saying anything in our global chat just running around. I had been tracking you the entire time. 2 days ago you were questioned so you started answering like you were a lost puppy. If your not a spy then you are seriously one lost puppy who cannot follow a simple order or task, now how is that going to help us fight our enemies.

Christ you guys really are paranoid then, the only spy we've ever had in your kingdom was Pallas and that was just him screwing around.  Your kingdom really isn't significant enough to spy on.

• Like 1

Right. So we're paranoid - although there was a Black Legion spy on our Council. Oh, and we're too insignificant to spy on - although there was a Black Legion spy on our Council.

Hmm, that seems to make sense.

Anyway, we had no proof about Zorradon and, if we were mistaken, I apologize to him. The suddenness and timing of his departure naturally made us suspicious.

Lmao, where can I sign up for this really fun friendly server?

I did good in school and made sure to graduate early so that I wouldn't have to put up with high school drama like suck.

Lmao, where can I sign up for this really fun friendly server?

I did good in school and made sure to graduate early so that I wouldn't have to put up with high school drama like suck.

Well the use of spy alts is not uncommon in pvp servers, when you're off for a whole year you can't expect to receive a warm "Welcome back! Here's a 90QL plate set and some sleep bonus, come and have fun with us!"  I don't think that has ever happened in a Wurm pvp server.. Of course people will think you're a spy since most of the current villagers didn't remember you. If you'd have gotten on the TS and talked with them, maybe they would've accepted you back, but seeing as you did not..  Ebonaura is not the only one doing that, it's pvp-wide.

I'm not sure what Chaos was like a year ago, I wasn't very active then.

Today, all kingdoms have a level of paranoia about them. If you relax that paranoia, you wind up with spies and leaked information. Meta-gaming (using spies, access to other characters, etc) has been happening for quite some time across ALL kingdoms, regardless of personal feelings towards the practice. Voice chat has become quite mandatory in some areas, and reluctance to use it is often a sign of something being wrong. Sure, there are other reasons to not use voice chat or to not speak in voice chat, but being on a chat server helps to calm nerves.

This is what Chaos is today.

• Like 1

Welcome to Chaos. Drama gonna drama. Lots of room to come and hide here on Epic ;)

Rantul come back to epic, your old villager misses you 😦

I'm not seeing where the people were wrong for giving him the boot. It's easy enough to get TS and log your ass in for some simple questions. Pretty straight forward to me.

• Like 1

It was a very straight forward request. He was left in the kingdom for more then 2 days as he claims. He logged in and ran around a few times not saying a word. This last time was a bit different, and I apologized for kicking him as I had thought he already knew one as going to do that since we had a few people chatting with him. And I proceeded to explain to him that our recruitment has changed and he too like many others with us will have to go through our freedom deed for the process. He continued to act dumb and lost and started saying things like one as around here before all of you which some of the players he was right, but not all.

Word of advice Rantul, most everyone didn't think you were a spy but more importantly someone that cannot follow a simple request to get on teamspeak. You choose to make excuses for 10bmins and continue to talk about nonsense. Sorry for your shity welcome back but there is no time for BS.

Edited by MaurizioAM

That can't be right.  Freedom has all the drama and griefers.  

Chaos is a happy, gentle community place with everyone cooperating.

That can't be right.  Freedom has all the drama and griefers.  

Chaos is a happy, gentle community place with everyone cooperating.

Yes, but we cooperate in killing each other. You forget that point.

• Like 1

Hey this is not only Wurm related, this same paranoia on spies is present in all PVP games, I remember some big time drama in the alliances I've been in or even led in Grepolis, a game where you could officially have only one acc and sharing and trade was prohibited. Yes, I've been paranoid several times and better kicked someone I've been unsure about to avoid harm to the group.

This will always happen where you play fully anonymously, I cannot figure a sure way to avoid it - if ever will find out how to do it, I'll be rich :D

FYI (I am the original zorradon although I sold the character a few months back)

I was never a spy anywhere.

Just trying to have fun in wurm. left BL around the time they were getting raided a lot and one of their deeds got flattened. Knowing Maurizio from freedom I decided to try out his kingdom. After a couple weeks of being there, BL made some attacks and a raid on Ebon. Not fully understanding the politics and tired of drama when I was just trying to skill up I left for freedom after a raid. Upon my return I discovered dual priesting was removed so the Arche gm made me pick which religion to keep Vynora or libila. I chose Vynora. Stayed on freedom a while and started playing 3 priests(devynora sirona and zorradon) plus two other alts(forina and sylvanus...mesuda was a f2p alt) which were later going to be linking batteries. Burned out and several months ago I sold my 3 priests. More recently I got devynora back but unable to reclaim zorradon. I started to join chaos when I came back on sylvanus but it just seemed very much like when I left. So I created a new character, Romeo. With the addition of the new gods and having started over I decided to try epic as I had friends there. Still drama on epic but seems like less than chaos. On a side note it seems elevation has more comparable drama to chaos. Honestly it's not even "drama" it's more how comfortable you are living close to enemy lines. The closer you get, the more paranoid and protected people are gonna be. Think I finally found my happy medium on epic for now :P

Also rantul is one of the nicer people I have played with in wurm, it sucks to see him treated so poorly. Come join me on epic buddy!

Edited by devynora

He was treated fairly as would anyone else be treated. We asked a few simple things of him, which he choose to ignore and beat around the Bush.

Well the use of spy alts is not uncommon in pvp servers, when you're off for a whole year you can't expect to receive a warm "Welcome back! Here's a 90QL plate set and some sleep bonus, come and have fun with us!"  I don't think that has ever happened in a Wurm pvp server.. Of course people will think you're a spy since most of the current villagers didn't remember you. If you'd have gotten on the TS and talked with them, maybe they would've accepted you back, but seeing as you did not..  Ebonaura is not the only one doing that, it's pvp-wide.

I blame Hashirama  :P