Sign in to follow this  
moogien

Improve Hand QL

Hand ql is set to 50 , im thinking of that it should be possible improve the hand ql either it increases

with body stats or improveable with materials and tools.

• Like 5

[19:24:17] The hand has some dents that must be flattened by a hammer.

I'd rather simply see the ql taken be the skill level

• Like 8

Body Control sounds good if just using one stat.

Though some formula using all of the body and mind stats would be better.

• Like 2

Question is why.. if for pottery, then maybe a potters glove would be better

• Like 9

indeed, why. works fine as is for me. Have only imped things to around ql96, so might be, i am missing something.

Oh, could I get woa/coc or botd on it pretty please?

• Like 1

Don't even need a specialized glove or even a new item persay, a cloth glove for example.

Though instead of replacing the hand outright, let that stay in for players with limited resources. Players can use a glove when they want that extra oomph.

Edited by Klaa

Thats sounds better, the idea is to be able get a higher ql hand and with a glove could be enchanted aswell.

indeed, why. works fine as is for me. Have only imped things to around ql96, so might be, i am missing something.

Oh, could I get woa/coc or botd on it pretty please?

Ofcourse its possible , but a higher ql (tool) would have less fails.

Don't even need a specialized glove or even a new item persay, a cloth glove for example.

Though instead of replacing the hand outright, let that stay in for players with limited resources. Players can use a glove when they want that extra oomph.

This.

Don't like the idea of a "potters glove" or anything else that would be needed to use the pottery skill. In the end it just results in more things added needed to create other things, which adds more time to the process, as well as additional abilities required to create those other creating tools. Creativity is all good and well, if less is required to do more, which this concept is not.

=Ayes=

I never said it had to be used, but could be an option

• Like 1

Adding tools to the game that replace the hand is a good idea. You can't enchant your hand you know. I prefer using the plain cloth glove over a specialized  version.

There are a couple of applications where wearing enchanted gloves could benefit the action. The following are examples of where its just plain stupid to expect the player to enchant the object needed to gain a benefit: sowing farm seeds, adding logs to charcoal piles, 

And on this subject what is the deal with water and smithing related improvement? Enchants don't work and it sure does seem like the water is not acting like a 100 ql tool.

Body Control sounds good if just using one stat.

Though some formula using all of the body and mind stats would be better.

I would probably go with "body" since it feels like more of an overall body development. Also, it tends to grow a bit faster than body control.

bump

On 04/07/2015 at 4:40 PM, Tich said:

I think replacing it with a tool like a potter's glove would be less interesting/unique. I think using skill itself instead of 50QL (or just not using a "tool", or using the item as a tool like with tempering) would resolve the problem without making pottery less unique.

I think using any characteristic as he basis is silly as they’re extremely slow to raise. 

I like the idea of using the skill, or using a glove. 

Hell why not just allow ANY glove to be used for this purpose? And on top of it, make enchanted gloves work for weaponless fighting too. Need to LT deez hands

my right hand QL is close to 100, i did most of the grinding for that between age 13 to 16.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elroth said:

my right hand QL is close to 100, i did most of the grinding for that between age 13 to 16.

You're looking at the DMG column, not the QL column, I'm afraid.

my right hand QL is close to 100, i did most of the grinding for that between age 13 to 1

29 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

You're looking at the DMG column, not the QL column, I'm afraid.

nah i repair regularly with lotion